Giants trade JPP to Bucs

NorthDalal

Reaction score
I think a lot of you are giving way too much credit to JPP. Aging, significant injury history with surgeries (not including finger blowed off), and he has been irrelevant for a few years now. I’m not sure about last year but I know the year before the majority of his sacks came in two games, one being Cleveland, so his stats were very misleading. Pretty sure none of their fans will miss him as much as you think, he’s a shell of what he once was a la Dez.

The Giants got two mid round picks but the biggest advantage was getting out of the contract for next year. I’d say advantage Giants by a small margin.

I'm amazed at this entire thread.Taken as a whole....without the weak excuses for Gettleman "cleaning house" or "scheme change" etc.

It's 60 million $ contract with 20 million guaranteed,Signed this year! So they dump it off for chump change compensation, a downgrade at 4 and an extra 3...and still have to eat a huge cap hit,and there are actually Cowboy FO haters making excuses.

This exchange was a disaster for the Giants.Natural pass rushers with skins on the wall should get you a 1st rounder and more at anytime other than right before the draft when draft choices are overvalued.This was a dumb move by the Giants with a capital "D".

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Wonder what the Cowboys could get for D. Lawrence?
I'd suggest bidding starts at 2 number 2's.
And if he had eaten 20% of his deal in SB so you get him for 15M a year long term? Probably a 1st and 3rd.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
You keep the dead cap in a Trade?

Capture.jpg
Not that number. JPP had built in salary guarantees for 2018 and 2019 that Tampa now gets. But he does still count 15 mill in dead money for the Nats.

fansince68

Reaction score
Yes I am willing to pay the best lineman in the league what he's worth...and hes worth every penny.
If you are paying for the best G in the league and paying for the best LT in the league and paying for one of the best centers in the league and you are paying for the best DE in the league...all on long-term contracts. Keep in mind, Dak has a 4 year contract. 2018 will be year 3 for him. If he plays well, he is gonna command a healthy salary. The following year Zeke will be in his 4th yr of a 5 yr contract, will we be able to pay him? I love Zack Martin but you can't pay max contracts to all your players, you are gonna have to let some go and retool with some of your bench. Problem is, the track record for developing talent is not so hot.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If you are paying for the best G in the league and paying for the best LT in the league and paying for one of the best centers in the league and you are paying for the best DE in the league...all on long-term contracts. Keep in mind, Dak has a 4 year contract. 2018 will be year 3 for him. If he plays well, he is gonna command a healthy salary. The following year Zeke will be in his 4th yr of a 5 yr contract, will we be able to pay him? I love Zack Martin but you can't pay max contracts to all your players, you are gonna have to let some go and retool with some of your bench. Problem is, the track record for developing talent is not so hot.
weird comment there... we can't keep all the guys we have because they are too good, best at position guys but also cant develop players?

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Meh

This is why I can’t blame players for not having loyalty.

JPP could’ve went anywhere last season and made a ton of money but he decided to stay in New York...only for them to ship him somewhere he may not want to be a year later.

Hopefully Tampa does not play the Giants anytime soon.
He'll end Eli's career.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
YEP..I told you guys the other day that the Giants are picking either Chubb or Rosen. That's still the case...but Gettleman has a history of drafting defense early,and Chubb sure seems like his target at 2. This trade likely doesn't happen unless they are 75% sure they want Chubb.

As much as I don't want to see Chubb trying to sack our QB, I HOPE they pass on a QB, stay at #2 and don't trade down. I don't want them getting a franchise QB or robbing some team for a bunch of high draft picks to trade back. Eli is pretty much shot IMO and the thought of the Giants going a decade or two without a franchise QB makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What moves have the Giants made to be competent?
right these fans are awesome..they have looked up as iof for a while now regardless of the 200mil they spent regardless of a;ll these moves they appear to be making..right they are awesome..3-13 last year..our GM must suck even worse because we went 9-7 and had about as much loss as a team could stand but didn't go 3-13..I realize it a prudent move for cap space but JPP was a star for them and it was time to go see Dware..

to the OP YAWN..we just got Irving and Lawerence BACK..thats not nothing..we don't need a JPP and why would NY trade with us anyway..In division Trades are not typical..sure they happen but not very often when its a star caliber player..remember Frave he had to go to NY to than get back to MN to destroy GB :))

blueblood70

Reaction score
As much as I don't want to see Chubb trying to sack our QB, I HOPE they pass on a QB, stay at #2 and don't trade down. I don't want them getting a franchise QB or robbing some team for a bunch of high draft picks to trade back. Eli is pretty much shot IMO and the thought of the Giants going a decade or two without a franchise QB makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
i hope they get Chubb skip on a great QB and Barkley..IMO that is best for us ... our oline is not worried about some rookie DE..well when healthy :)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
right these fans are awesome..they have looked up as iof for a while now regardless of the 200mil they spent regardless of a;ll these moves they appear to be making..right they are awesome..3-13 last year..our GM must suck even worse because we went 9-7 and had about as much loss as a team could stand but didn't go 3-13..I realize it a prudent move for cap space but JPP was a star for them and it was time to go see Dware..

to the OP YAWN..we just got Irving and Lawerence BACK..thats not nothing..we don't need a JPP and why would NY trade with us anyway..In division Trades are not typical..sure they happen but not very often when its a star caliber player..remember Frave he had to go to NY to than get back to MN to destroy GB :))

Right. I wish some of these guys would just go and be Giants fans.

Stryker44

Reaction score
I'm jealous of the Giants and Gettleman. WE NEVER know when its time to part ways with aging talent. By the time we get done with a good player they are ready to be metaphorically taken out to the pasture and shot...like a lame horse...USED UP ANND BROKEN. lol. AGAIN...I hate the Giants with a passion...but I respect how they operate. KUDOS.

Pierre Paul is at the height of experience and career