Giants vs. Packers game thread (Packers Blown Out @ Home)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mldardy;4380242 said:
The 9ers didn't prove anything. They were giving up big plays all over the yard. You still need to score points to win I don't care how good your defense is because of the rules that favor the offense heavily in the NFL nowadays.

They forced turnovers. Yes you need to score points but defense matters and it matters even more this time of year.

Bluestang

Reaction score
The Quest for Six;4380211 said:
no, people like you need a dose of reality and stop thinking this cowboy team is loaded with talent and listening to Jerry Jones foaming at the mouth about this cowoby team, it is NOT a good football team.....you need three new interior offensive linemen to start next year...I said at the beginning of the year, it would be lucky to finish 9-7, it finished 8-8, it needed atleast five new starters on defense, there you go, look at the roster from top to bottom, there's holes everywhere, if you take the coke glasses off and look at the team logically, too many holes to fill in one offseason, and no depth... gut the team and rebuild, but you'll get suckered in next year listening to Jerry Jones blow smoke up your *** because he's a football man and he knows talent and his football team is right there..

I have been on record stating that I believe this team still needs 2 years of solid drafting before we can make it to the big dance. 2009 which such a huge setback in terms of drafting and the stupid trade. But I'm glad you made assumptions about me and everyone else.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WarC;4380246 said:
Well I will say that sometimes Romo seems like the only guy that shows up to play for the Cowboys as well. :laugh2:

Romo does not get half the protection these other QB are getting. It is not about how many sack it is about consistent pressure and Dallas Oline has allowed teams to put consistent pressure. Romo does of hell of a job avoiding the sacks but it is hard to operate an offense when you are having to avoid defensive pressure

mldardy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4380247 said:
They forced turnovers. Yes you need to score points but defense matters and it matters even more this time of year.
Great they forced turnovers they still needed their OFFENSE to win the game.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4380229 said:
Giants are a good team, I hate to say it but the fact is they have defense and have balance in their offense and while so many here act as if this game is all about offense, well the 9er, Ravens and Giants proved otherwise

Agreed. A ton of people here are talking about getting the dream offensive line. Well, that will only get you so far. You need to be well rounded. I think the Giants would beat the Pats right now... they are way more well rounded. With that said, I don't see the Ginas getting past the 49ers. The 49ers have a brutal defense and a decent offense. I see them going to the superbowl now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mldardy;4380256 said:
Great they forced turnovers they still needed their OFFENSE to win the game.

Of course you do but you better have a defense that can make plays. GB defense has sucked all year and when they needed their defense to stand up and make a play they failed. 9ers when they had to make plays they did.

burmafrd

Reaction score
hate that the giants won but love that the pack lost

The way BSPN and so many had already given them the SB makes me laugh now.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
WarC;4380246 said:
Well I will say that sometimes Romo seems like the only guy that shows up to play for the Cowboys as well. :laugh2:

And some games he was the only guy who showed up not ready to play.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Another NE vs NY Giants Superbowl. Brady wins this time around and retires. In the offseason the Colts get Luck and Patriots trade for Manning.

:laugh2:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So what's Aaron Rodger's signature move now? The Discount Double Choke. ;)

I kedd.
I kedd.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
The Giants just look like one of those erstwhile-mediocre teams that catches fire late in the season and then goes on a ridiculous roll in the playoffs. They're peaking at the perfect time and look capable of beating all comers from here out.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
SuspectCorner;4380442 said:
The Giants just look like one of those erstwhile-mediocre teams that catches fire late in the season and then goes on a ridiculous roll in the playoffs. They're peaking at the perfect time and look capable of beating all comers from here out.

Sounds strangely like 2007.

boyzjunkie

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;4380219 said:
I'm rooting for the Ravens. Honestly, I don't have much hate for the 49ers or the Giants.

I can't stand the Pats. If the Cowboys were caught for doing the same thing they did, they would never hear the end of it in the media. But somehow the Pats get a free pass because of their owner. ***** frauds.

Great signature btw.

Unequivocal truth.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
I have to say, this season I have to give a lot of respect to Tom Coughlin for getting his team to play the way they are right now. The Giants had a fair amount of adversity, injuries, a tough schedule and some crushing losses, but I've never seen a team as genuinely confident of themselves as this Giants team. Any Giants fan that wants Tom Coughlin fired is delusional. He's done an amazing job this season under difficult circumstances to lead his team to where they are now, the NFCCG in San Francisco. He has instilled real character and backbone into that team, and I can't help but admire that.

Good luck against San Francisco.