Giants vs. Packers game thread (Packers Blown Out @ Home)

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Bluestang;4380138 said:
LOL...do yourself a favor then and don't watch football next season. Some of you guys need to back off the ledge. Our team is not as bad as we think and it sure isn't as good as wek think either. 8-8 is indicative of a team that has issues but not as bad as the Colts or Rams.

Let's be honest here, did anyone ever think we would be Super Bowl bound with 3 rookies starting on the OL and injury prone CB (Newman) that was beginning to fade mid last season?

no, people like you need a dose of reality and stop thinking this cowboy team is loaded with talent and listening to Jerry Jones foaming at the mouth about this cowoby team, it is NOT a good football team.....you need three new interior offensive linemen to start next year...I said at the beginning of the year, it would be lucky to finish 9-7, it finished 8-8, it needed atleast five new starters on defense, there you go, look at the roster from top to bottom, there's holes everywhere, if you take the coke glasses off and look at the team logically, too many holes to fill in one offseason, and no depth... gut the team and rebuild, but you'll get suckered in next year listening to Jerry Jones blow smoke up your *** because he's a football man and he knows talent and his football team is right there..

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Kaika;4380196 said:
I don't think so, if D wins I'll take the 49ers over the gints

I don't think there is a defense that can stop the Giants right now. They aren't as effective as the Saints offense but can move the ball just as easily. Plus their defense is a lot better than the Saints.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Hostile;4380194 said:
I actually think the Pats are now the team to beat. I was just wanting to kick the hornet's nest with that 49ers 6th.

I'm rooting for the Ravens. Honestly, I don't have much hate for the 49ers or the Giants.

I can't stand the Pats. If the Cowboys were caught for doing the same thing they did, they would never hear the end of it in the media. But somehow the Pats get a free pass because of their owner. ***** frauds.

Great signature btw.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
CATCH17;4380184 said:
Pretty much.

They were the defending Superbowl Champs, the best team all year, best scouting department in football as well.

1 game doesn't change that.

Thank you.

Haters get so silly sometimes. A quarter loses, and he's no longer elite.

A team loses and they're not a good team.

No team wins all its games. Every quarterback, even the elite, lose games.

We're not dealing with perfection.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Hostile;4380194 said:
I actually think the Pats are now the team to beat. I was just wanting to kick the hornet's nest with that 49ers 6th.

When I told an oldtime Giants fan/coworker that I thought they could take GB, he paused and said, "yeah, but if we get to the Super Bowl we'll have to play NE again and they'll wipe the floor with us."

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4380207 said:
He's still without a doubt the best QB in football. Not his fault his recievers kept dropping balls.

He is very good but you put pressure on the QB and they will be off the mark and Rodgers was off the mark with passes over WR heads and behind them. Yes he had some drops as well.

Bluestang

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4380187 said:
Giants should dominate vs. the 49ers. All the 49ers have is Vernon Davis. For a Giants secondary that managed to shutdown the Packers WRs, I don't think they'll have a problem making sure Davis doesn't run loose all over the field like the Saints did.

The Giants secondary didn't stop anybody, the Packers stopped themselves with dropped balls and fumbles.

SacredStar

Reaction score
Rather see the giants than the packers. the next coming of the lord himself failed.

WarC

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4380202 said:
I guess the great Rodgers is not that great after all. :laugh2:

He can't catch the ball and throw it, too.

I think he was also the leading rusher for the Pack today.

Rodgers seems like the only guy that showed up to play for them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dboy214;4380218 said:
and i guess the Giants are.

:bow: dboy

Giants are a good team, I hate to say it but the fact is they have defense and have balance in their offense and while so many here act as if this game is all about offense, well the 9er, Ravens and Giants proved otherwise

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4380229 said:
Giants are a good team, I hate to say it but the fact is they have defense and have balance in their offense and while so many here act as if this game is all about offense, well the 9er, Ravens and Giants proved otherwise

the giants had one of the worst defenses in football this year.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4380207 said:
He's still without a doubt the best QB in football. Not his fault his recievers kept dropping balls.

Id take Romo over Rogers. They are both elite.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Kaika;4380200 said:
Don't care who ,JUST NOT NY:bang2:

I have to root for the NFC.

I need to watch how the Giants, Eagles, and Commanders played this year, then learn how to beat them.

Screw the AFC.

;)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WarC;4380228 said:
He can't catch the ball and throw it, too.

I think he was also the leading rusher for the Pack today.

Rodgers seems like the only guy that showed up to play for them.

He was missing guys as well, he had a number of passes off the mark and behind his WR. Yes he had drops as well but Rodgers play was not great. I love how people will cut him slack and go after Romo. NY put pressure on him and he did not get the job done.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;4380219 said:
I'm rooting for the Ravens. Honestly, I don't have much hate for the 49ers or the Giants.

I can't stand the Pats. If the Cowboys were caught for doing the same thing they did, they would never hear the end of it in the media. But somehow the Pats get a free pass because of their owner. ***** frauds.

Great signature btw.

I don't want the Pats to win. I really don't want the Giants to win. I don't want to see the 49ers get six before the Cowboys. And I'm not of fan of the mouthy Terrell Suggs.

I guess by default I have to go with the Giants then the Ravens next. I just don't have a seething hatred towad the Giants. Maybe I'm getting older.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
zeroburrito;4380234 said:
the giants had one of the worst defenses in football this year.

Not over the last few games of the season. Yes they did look bad early on in the year really up until 4 or 5 weeks ago. Their D line is healthy and it is showing

mldardy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4380229 said:
The 9ers didn't prove anything. They were giving up big plays all over the yard. You still need to score points to win I don't care how good your defense is because of the rules that favor the offense heavily in the NFL nowadays.

pancakeman

Reaction score
casmith07;4380147 said:
So are the Packers still the gold standard around this board?

14-2 for what?

Well, you do have to count the bye week as one playoff win! ;)

WarC

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4380237 said:
He was missing guys as well, he had a number of passes off the mark and behind his WR. Yes he had drops as well but Rodgers play was not great. I love how people will cut him slack and go after Romo. NY put pressure on him and he did not get the job done.

Well I will say that sometimes Romo seems like the only guy that shows up to play for the Cowboys as well. :laugh2: