Twitter: Gil Brandt met with Dak in Frisco yesterday

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
“Had a long talk with Dak Prescott yesterday out in Frisco. He expects to be out there when the Cowboys open the season. I think it would take a lot to keep him from playing, just not sure he’ll be at 100%. Season tilts on his health,” Brandt wrote on Twitter Thursday.

Good thing we're so solid at the back up QB position with 3 dudes who have never won an NFL game. :rolleyes:

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
At this point, I can't tell if it's a matter of being cheap or a matter of being arrogant.

Either way, we saw how well we fared doing an emergency trade for a QB (Matt Cassel). You gotta have a plan of some sort.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
This is why I don't get those that want Dak to get reps in a meaningless pre-season game. Your QB had an injury, the depths of which we'll never know, and you want to throw him out there when he could have more time to ensure the injury is put to rest, all to relieve YOUR anxiety that he won't be properly prepared. QB is THE most important position on the team. You don't mess with that.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This is why I don't get those that want Dak to get reps in a meaningless pre-season game. Your QB had an injury, the depths of which we'll never know, and you want to throw him out there when he could have more time to ensure the injury is put to rest, all to relieve YOUR anxiety that he won't be properly prepared.
Because we were told he is fine but they are just being cautious. In reality, he's not fine.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
All we can do is hope for the best. Meanwhile I will be following doctor Gil Brandt on Twitter.
Go Dak Go Cowboys!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We've seen Dak with a bum shoulder playing a game. It wasn't pretty.
It wasn't pretty because the gameplan obviously should've been to be run heavy but of course they go pass happy....well it felt pass happy I don't even know if he even threw that much lol.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
“Had a long talk with Dak Prescott yesterday out in Frisco. He expects to be out there when the Cowboys open the season. I think it would take a lot to keep him from playing, just not sure he’ll be at 100%. Season tilts on his health,” Brandt wrote on Twitter Thursday.

Good thing we're so solid at the back up QB position with 3 dudes who have never won an NFL game. :rolleyes:

Duplicate thread. Hopefully the mods will delete it or merge it.

Sydla

Reaction score
In all seriousness, as I said in another thread, we are going to get our answer over the next week or so about where Dak is.

If he's still just throwing warm up tosses and being held out of most drills and 7 on 7, 11 on 11 drills, then there is you answer. They keep telling us they are ramping up his work but if a week from now he's just light tossing still, there's clearly a concern there.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
At this point, I can't tell if it's a matter of being cheap or a matter of being arrogant.

Either way, we saw how well we fared doing an emergency trade for a QB (Matt Cassel). You gotta have a plan of some sort.

Gardner bleepin' Minshew is better than anyone Dallas has behind Dak.

Jacksonville will shop him because they have a lot of holes in their roster. Even the mighty Trevor isn't turning that team around in one season.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't think he's a hack but he surely isn't a doctor either lol.

Of course not he actually talked to Dak about a variety of topics including his injury, etc. And Brandt isn't one to just toss up random stuff on twitter. Dak said something or the conversation gave Brandt reason to wonder if this injury is more concerning than they are trying to let on.