Twitter: Gil Brandt met with Dak in Frisco yesterday

Sydla

Reaction score
Gardner bleepin' Minshew is better than anyone Dallas has behind Dak.

Jacksonville will shop him because they have a lot of holes in their roster. Even the mighty Trevor isn't turning that team around in one season.

Minshew for Smith.

Get it done. Urban Meyer is a massive fan of the Smith family, having coached the brother at OSU and trying to get Smith to go to OSU.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course not he actually talked to Dak about a variety of topics including his injury, etc. And Brandt isn't one to just toss up random stuff on twitter. Dak said something or the conversation gave Brandt reason to wonder if this injury is more concerning than they are trying to let on.
Oh see I assumed he was going with how he "looked" if he's going off based on what Dak has said.....I doubt Dak told him anything worth noting when he comes to his injury. Just doesn't seem like Dak's MO. We saw how he answered the question the night during the presason game.....gave the company answer.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Of course not he actually talked to Dak about a variety of topics including his injury, etc. And Brandt isn't one to just toss up random stuff on twitter. Dak said something or the conversation gave Brandt reason to wonder if this injury is more concerning than they are trying to let on.
Brandt is one to just toss up random stuff on twitter. He's an NFL Network analyst for crying out loud. He get's paid to do this ****. And it worked because hater fans like you swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Sydla

Reaction score
Oh see I assumed he was going with how he "looked" if he's going off based on what Dak has said.....I doubt Dak told him anything worth noting when he comes to his injury. Just doesn't seem like Dak's MO. We saw how he answered the question the night during the presason game.....gave the company answer.

I am guessing Brandt is basing it off a lot of things, what Dak said, how he's looked, what he's hearing from his Cowboys sources.

As I said, we'll know shortly what's up. At some point, Dak has to get beyond just warm up tosses in practice. If he's not way more active in practice next week, then something is up IMO.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
At this point, I can't tell if it's a matter of being cheap or a matter of being arrogant.

Either way, we saw how well we fared doing an emergency trade for a QB (Matt Cassel). You gotta have a plan of some sort.

Andy Dalton was the best backup in the league and wasn't that great when he came in. A backup QB needs to be able to hold down the fort for a game or two. Anything outside of that, the season is over anyways. With that said, our backups probably can't even do that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Gardner bleepin' Minshew is better than anyone Dallas has behind Dak.

Jacksonville will shop him because they have a lot of holes in their roster. Even the mighty Trevor isn't turning that team around in one season.
I think i'd rather go with Gilbert and suck then suck with Minshew and trade a draft pick for him.

I can see the excuses for our 40 million dollar player already starting to pile up.

At some point you just have to admit you got ripped off.
Now is the time to admit you got ripped off lol? Yikes.

I'll give y'all credit....I expected this type of talk after week 1....not after a few preseason games. Bravo.

Sydla

Reaction score
Brandt is one to just toss up random stuff on twitter. He's an NFL Network analyst for crying out loud. He get's paid to do this ****. And it worked because hater fans like you swallowed hook, line and sinker.

He actually isn't. He's pretty well respected in the media and around the NFL given his former status in the league.

But you know what, let's trust the guy that 3 weeks ago told everyone on this board Dak was fine, no big deal and yet here we are 3 weeks later and Dak isn't even allowed to participate in practice still.

You are the last person to be criticizing anyone's credibility here. LOL.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am guessing Brandt is basing it off a lot of things, what Dak said, how he's looked, what he's hearing from his Cowboys sources.

As I said, we'll know shortly what's up. At some point, Dak has to get beyond just warm up tosses in practice. If he's not way more active in practice next week, then something is up IMO.
He's been beyond warm up tosses for over a week now. Where have you been?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He actually isn't. He's pretty well respected in the media and around the NFL given his former status in the league.

But you know what, let's trust the guy that 3 weeks ago told everyone on this board Dak was fine, no big deal and yet here we are 3 weeks later and Dak isn't even allowed to participate in practice still.

You are the last person to be criticizing anyone's credibility here. LOL.
He actually is. HE'S AN ANALYST FOR NFL NETWORK! Hello, McFly are you there?

Sydla

Reaction score
He's been beyond warm up tosses for over a week now. Where have you been?

Is he participating in live contact drills? Who is taking the bulk of the QB 1 snaps in practice? Is he working 11 on 11 drills, 7 on 7 stuff?

His work to date has largely been in limited passing drills.

From an article just from today:

Head coach Mike McCarthy and the team’s training staff limited Prescott this week to a hard “pitch count” and he remains restricted to short-distance throws.

The article says they want to slowly ramp up his practice time but again, if he's still in this pitch count mode a week from now, it's clear the Cowboys have a concern still with his arm.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Minshew for Smith.

Get it done. Urban Meyer is a massive fan of the Smith family, having coached the brother at OSU and trying to get Smith to go to OSU.

Works for me. Not sure it'll work for Meyer but you are correct about the connection. I'd even toss in a mid-round pick if that sealed the deal.

I doubt it'll even cross the minds of Jethro & Son, though.

Sydla

Reaction score
He actually is. HE'S AN ANALYST FOR NFL NETWORK! Hello, McFly are you there?

Just because Brandt works for NFL Network that doesn't mean he's now prone to just make stuff up and throw random, unsupported stuff on the wall.

Basically you are now questioning Brandt's integrity.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No he hasn't. He's basically just soft tossing with guys in one on one stuff. He's still not participated in any live drills, 11 on 11, 7 on 7 type stuff.

So he's still pretty limited in what he's doing at practice.
Maybe you don't realize that practices in Dallas are closed to everyone except on certain days when the media can attend and on certain days when both media and fans can attend. But besides that he's been throwing 20 yard outs. You can see that in the Arizona pre-game warm ups. The reason he's not throwing in 11-11 and 7-7 is they don't want some over eager rookie from falling on him. Jeez, why does this even have to be explained. You haters will twist any possible tidbit to fit your narrative. I mean you obviously want him hurt and that's sad. And you're not the only one either.

Jipper

Reaction score
honestly if his shoulder isn't 100% you cant put him out to start a 17 game season....he will just hurt it more and will mean much worse performance over the long haul.

You can't play him until his should is 100% healed, which would probably mean we lose the first few games.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think i'd rather go with Gilbert and suck then suck with Minshew and trade a draft pick for him.

Now is the time to admit you got ripped off lol? Yikes.

I'll give y'all credit....I expected this type of talk after week 1....not after a few preseason games. Bravo.

Oh it was a ripoff before he ever signed. He’s not worth that much cap space.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Just because Brandt works for NFL Network that doesn't mean he's now prone to just make stuff up and throw random, unsupported stuff on the wall.

Basically you are now questioning Brandt's integrity.
I wouldn't waste your time. This same guy came after Jane Slater as incompetent last year after her report about the coaching staff came out.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Is there a team out there with a decent and expendable QB on the roster with a big need at WR?