Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marcus Mosher ‏@Marcus_Mosher
Don't shoot the messenger... RE: Jaylon Smith

CxknOryUsAAfLdY.jpg

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
hmm interesting. anyone hear nick eatman on the break a couple days ago?

talked about how jaylon was asked way back what the brace was for and he said "to walk". fastforward to a couple days ago.. in nicks own words: "he still wears it".

doesnt sound too promising :/

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Why do we think Jaylon...a rookie...is going to give us much if he were to come back in the playoffs? This is great news for the future....and it wouldn't be unprecedented for a rookie to be great out of the gate....but he's had so little real practice (yet alone game time) over the course of the last year...and he's jumping into the playoffs?

Here's to hoping..

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Not getting my hopes up.
Nor am I. I think the team has to make a decision to either start practicing him or placing him on IR this coming week, if I recall the NFI timeline correctly (11 weeks total). Based on that, we'll likely know soon.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Jaylon just got done mowing my fescue and looked great. I have no doubt that he'll be ready.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marcus Mosher ‏@Marcus_Mosher
Don't shoot the messenger... RE: Jaylon Smith

CxknOryUsAAfLdY.jpg
Okay, that's the first time anyone has said anything about the nerve actually recovering. Before now, it's all been, "he looks great" and "he's in great shape" and "the knee is healed," all of which meant nothing to me. I'm choosing to be optimistic now (not about him playing this year, that's ridiculous).

GIFTS86

Reaction score
Either way I'm glad to hear that the nerve is active. That's really positive news. Especially when we got a top 5 player from the draft in the second round. A few more pieces on defense and we are rocking. Imagine the cowboys run year after year if we nail the draft again.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
hmm interesting. anyone hear nick eatman on the break a couple days ago?

talked about how jaylon was asked way back what the brace was for and he said "to walk". fastforward to a couple days ago.. in nicks own words: "he still wears it".

doesnt sound too promising :/

Nick and Broaddus don't think the news would happen without going through them first. Broaddus especially has a meltdown when Garrett doesn't communicate things to them