Twitter: Gil Brandt with another Jaylon Smith update

lkelly

Reaction score
Geriatric Gil serving as the mouthpiece of Dr. Jerry.

Pretty much how all the team updates should come out. Ed Werder meanwhile is shoulder deep in the team dumpster scouring through Romo ball cap labels, empty bags of monkey food, and Randy Gregory's ashtray remnants looking for some hot news to report.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Nick and Broaddus don't think the news would happen without going through them first. Broaddus especially has a meltdown when Garrett doesn't communicate things to them

true but i mean the fact he still wears it says alot. imo

waldoputty

Reaction score
Why do we think Jaylon...a rookie...is going to give us much if he were to come back in the playoffs? This is great news for the future....and it wouldn't be unprecedented for a rookie to be great out of the gate....but he's had so little real practice (yet alone game time) over the course of the last year...and he's jumping into the playoffs?

Here's to hoping..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Smith would be a liability in the playoffs, not having gone through OTA's, training camp, preseason or the regular season. He's been spending months rehabbing and hoping a nerve fires.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smith would be a liability in the playoffs, not having gone through OTA's, training camp, preseason or the regular season. He's been spending months rehabbing and hoping a nerve fires.
Foot...not knee

I don't necessarily disagree with you either.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Marcus Mosher ‏@Marcus_Mosher
Don't shoot the messenger... RE: Jaylon Smith

CxknOryUsAAfLdY.jpg
WG, I really hope this is true, but the fact it says "Jerry says" causes it to lose credibility to the point where you have to wonder what the truth really is.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Yes, the team has to either practice him or place him on IR next week, according to every timeline I've seen. IF he starts practicing next week he would have 6 weeks of the regular season left to get into football shape and, perhaps, get some playing time in before the playoffs. I think the optimism on the part of some people is based on that. As for me, I'll believe it when I see it.

he is probably still rehabbing.
they are probably not going to be sure, so they will have to invest the roster space in case he is ready.
they can always IR him later?

Reaction score
hmm interesting. anyone hear nick eatman on the break a couple days ago?

talked about how jaylon was asked way back what the brace was for and he said "to walk". fastforward to a couple days ago.. in nicks own words: "he still wears it".

doesnt sound too promising :/

That's inferring a lot,,,,

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
hmm interesting. anyone hear nick eatman on the break a couple days ago?

talked about how jaylon was asked way back what the brace was for and he said "to walk". fastforward to a couple days ago.. in nicks own words: "he still wears it".

doesnt sound too promising :/

Try weeks ago, not days.