Twitter: Gil Brandt with another Jaylon Smith update

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Nick and Broaddus don't think the news would happen without going through them first. Broaddus especially has a meltdown when Garrett doesn't communicate things to them

As well he should. Its the team's official site. You start there

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score

Woo hoo, the nerve is firing!

200.gif

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Everyone must still be at work or using their phone when they aren't supposed to (me), because I would have thought this would be 10 pages by now.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Why do we think Jaylon...a rookie...is going to give us much if he were to come back in the playoffs? This is great news for the future....and it wouldn't be unprecedented for a rookie to be great out of the gate....but he's had so little real practice (yet alone game time) over the course of the last year...and he's jumping into the playoffs?

Here's to hoping..
I love this team and I am bullish on the future...but I just don't understand how some fans think you can put on pads for the first time in over a year...put on pads for the first time at the professional level...and play NFL playoff football. As I said yesterday...if McClain and Smith....based on all the time they have missed...are better than the guys that have been here all year...then we really have some awful football players on this team/practice squad. OR....OR...all this stuff about mini camps, OTAs, training camp, preseason......all of this is overrated...if players don't need ANY of it...to be better than all the guys who went through all of it.

MrPhil

Reaction score
I thought I read on here that they have to make a roster decision on him by the 21st or 22nd of this month. If that is true, we will know more next week.

cej757

Reaction score
Nick and Broaddus don't think the news would happen without going through them first. Broaddus especially has a meltdown when Garrett doesn't communicate things to them

Throw Mickey in there too.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I thought I read on here that they have to make a roster decision on him by the 21st or 22nd of this month. If that is true, we will know more next week.
Yes, the team has to either practice him or place him on IR next week, according to every timeline I've seen. IF he starts practicing next week he would have 6 weeks of the regular season left to get into football shape and, perhaps, get some playing time in before the playoffs. I think the optimism on the part of some people is based on that. As for me, I'll believe it when I see it.