Gil Brandt: You can have one QB (currently college or NFL), who you taking?

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't understand the love for Watson.

I take Mahommes all day long - then Russell Wilson.

I would take Lawrence over any of the the draft choices over the last couple of years and like Josh Allen.

Murray can be very inaccurate.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If we aren't factoring in contracts I'd say Dak for sure.

If we are factoring in contracts.....I'd say Burrow honestly. Dak is the best quarterback in that lineup. I'm not seeing the Kyler Murray hype he's incredibly reckless.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak for 40 million ....who needs a defense really now???

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Um takin Dak over anybody in that group. He has won more games in the NFL than everybody else on that list. He has played at a higher level in the NFL than any of them. And he has improved more over the last 4 years than any of them..

Bigdog

Reaction score
Because there would be no debate lol. 100 out of 100 people take Mahomes lol
I am not sure about that. That Daniel Jones kid looks really good for the other team, lol. All seriousness right now I would go with Lawrence and Herbert ( I liked Herbert out of college) mainly due to financial reasons. if we are going with pure intangibles than it is Dak hands down.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Burrow or Justin Herbert. They both have shown skills already and potential to be even better, plus they are both in the 1st year of a 5 year rookie deal.

garyo1954

Reaction score
None of them has been in the league as long as Dak.
Brandt listed them in alphabetical order.....

Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
Justin Fields
Justin Herbert
Lamar Jackson
Daniel Jones
Trevor Lawrence
Kyler Murray
Dak Prescott
Tua Tagovailoa
Deshaun Watson

You can bank it if Uncle Jerry had any of those besides Prescott, he'd be promising that player the moon and telling everybody about his greatness. Bank it whoever Booger had would be the best thing to come along since Johnny Walker Blue Label!

stinkface

Reaction score
I watched a good many Cincinnati games this year. Burrow reminds me of Joe Montana in lots of ways. He can really see the field, throw with touch and anticipation and with enough arm. Not a cannon, but Montana didn't have a cannon either. He's a better thrower then Dak and a good leader. The only question on him is whether he is doomed by where he plays and thus will get beaten into the ground like a tent state. Cincinnati just plain sucks and has sucked forever. Sorry for the kid. PS. We are talking about for the next 10 years. I don't think by that measure that Dak is the guy. You really need who is the best QB under the age of 25 out there.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
A 20:12 TD:INT ratio told me Murray was going to be really good NFL QB. I didn’t read bust at any point during Murray’s rookie season. I don’t remember reading about anyone that was even remotely disappointed in Murray’s rookie season. Especially with some of the great plays he made.

Yeah, that was a head scratcher of a comment for me too. By all intents and purposes, he had a good year for a rookie on a team with no other real weapons.

J817

Reaction score
If it's for 1 game or the next 3 years, it's Mahomes

If its for the next decade to 15 years, give me D.J. Uiagalelei. 6'4" 249 and only 19.

I won.

No you lose. Not only have I never heard of this kid, he isn’t even on list in the OP. So you lose. You should be embarrassed. My advice to u right now is to stop posting on this site for a a couple weeks and hope this whole thing blows over. MAYBE everyone will forget this whole thing happened. Me personally I won’t forget. I will never for forget this travesty. You should be ashamed.

Kidding aside, yea I looked him up and I now propose we tank when this DJ kid is a junior.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Mahomes is better than Ukelele for the next 15 years too
Ahh, but Mr. Analytics fan, let's look at his costs:

2021 $24.8 M cap space
2022 $31.4 M cap space
2023 $42.4 M cap space
2024 $39.9 M cap space
2025 $41.9 M cap space
2026 $41.9 M cap space
2027 $59.9 M cap space
2028 $44.4 M cap space
2029 $44.9 M cap space
2030 $50.4 M cap space
2031 $52.4 M cap space

Better, but super expensive.

Where with DJ, I have a good 5 years (7 if you count 2 Franchise Tags) of control, and 5 years of real affordability to build an entire roster around him.

Joe Burrow next 4 years...$6.5M, $8.2M, $9.8M, $11.5M

You should know by now how I think.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
No you lose. Not only have I never heard of this kid, he isn’t even on list in the OP. So you lose. You should be embarrassed. My advice to u right now is to stop posting on this site for a a couple weeks and hope this whole thing blows over. MAYBE everyone will forget this whole thing happened. Me personally I won’t forget. I will never for forget this travesty. You should be ashamed.

Kidding aside, yea I looked him up and I now propose we tank when this DJ kid is a junior.

Unfortunately, I can no longer see Tweets at work so I just went off the topic and some of the discussion.

D.J. is going to be good.