News: Gil Brandt's 10 most talented teams in the NFL (Cowboys 2)

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The problem is you cant see the wood for the trees. The record belongs to the team, not the individual.

While I hate to say it, Wentz has made a significant contribution to a SB winning season. This cannot be denied. His career achievements are better than most QBs of his age. Daks achievements are nowhere near this and if the truth be told, he has been a limiting factor on a team that is underachieving.

Exactly it does, yet you brought up the Eagles record with Wentz and their team Super Bowl.

It's sad because you're the one that used that basis, and now it's backfired and youre having to backtrack BIG time. Lmao

And it's kinda sad how clueless you are. Dak has already led his team to the playoffs in his first two of three seasons. Only 25% of QBs make the playoff each year. So only 16.66% make the playoff two of three seasons, and much much fewer do this in their first three seasons. Dak is very accomplished.

csirl

Reaction score
Exactly it does, yet you brought up the Eagles record with Wentz and their team Super Bowl.

It's sad because you're the one that used that basis, and now it's backfired and youre having to backtrack BIG time. Lmao

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

Some of us can tell good QBs from bad by looking at them play. Ive no interest in engaging in statistical manipulation or wordplay.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If both teams stay relatively healthy, I pick PHL to win the East because I think they have the better team. And relatively healthy doesn't mean players on IR, it means players able to play close to 100%. Wentz, banged up, and not nearly as effective.

I've got the Cowboys at 2nd in the East and fighting with SEA, GB, MIN, ATL and CAR for a WC spot. The only thing I know for sure is that will change once the season hits the halfway mark because it always does. And it wouldn't surprise me if SF and those pesky Skins are just lying in the weeds.
How does your prediction change if we don’t sign Cooper and Elliott is suspended?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

Some of us can tell good QBs from bad by looking at them play. Ive no interest in engaging in statistical manipulation or wordplay.
If we went by stats alone it would leave some of the greatest out of the Hall of Fame and why it’s important for the eye test and Impact.

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Far from it. I stand over my point which is that Wince has achieved more and played better than Dak in his short career to date.

Yet he hasn't.

Your basis for that was the team's record leading up to super bowl and his QBR

1. Dak's record puts Wentz's to shame
2. Dak's QBR is higher than Wentz's lmao
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

We can just pretend you never said anything

GO COWBOYS

csirl

Reaction score
Yet he hasn't.

Your basis for that was the team's record leading up to super bowl and his QBR

1. Dak's record puts Wentz's to shame
2. Dak's QBR is higher than Wentz's lmao
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

We can just pretend you never said anything

GO COWBOYS

Wentz was a key player in a SB winning team. It trumps anything that anyone can say about Dak.

Be honest here. Set aside that you might have invested in a #4 jersey.

If you could have Wentz or Dak at the same price, who would you pick?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Nope, but it would need to be explained as to how someone comes to that conclusion.

Just like I gave my reasons as to why I chose the Eagles over Cowboys roster.
You are telling me you need it explained to you why I picked the Cowboys over the Eagles at Cowboyszone.com?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does your prediction change if we don’t sign Cooper and Elliott is suspended?
Cooper will still pay this season regardless of a new deal or not. Elliott's suspension would depend on the number of games and health of the other two RB's.

One of the great mysteries to this season for me is what happens if they do not extend Elliott? Do they become less Elliott dependent to see how the team, namely the QB, looks not running the offense through him? Are they interested in what the future, sans Elliott, might look like for this offense? They took two RB's in this draft for a reason.

If they think they can have QB, RB and WR all in the top 5 paid at their position and do anything, they are wrong. PIT realized that and when Kamara is up, NO will too unless Brees has already hung it up.

Any team with too much to too few has to be a drafting demon and blessed with good health.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Wentz was a key player in a SB winning team. It trumps anything that anyone can say about Dak.

He obvisouly wasn't a key player for the SB, because they won without him. Very easily disproven.

Dak has a playoff win, Wentz doesn't. That trumps anything Wentz hasnt done.

It doesnt matter who either of us would take, this discussion is about who has been better to this point. Which has been Dak

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cooper will still pay this season regardless of a new deal or not. Elliott's suspension would depend on the number of games and health of the other two RB's.

One of the great mysteries to this season for me is what happens if they do not extend Elliott? Do they become less Elliott dependent to see how the team, namely the QB, looks not running the offense through him? Are they interested in what the future, sans Elliott, might look like for this offense? They took two RB's in this draft for a reason.

If they think they can have QB, RB and WR all in the top 5 paid at their position and do anything, they are wrong. PIT realized that and when Kamara is up, NO will too unless Brees has already hung it up.

Any team with too much to too few has to be a drafting demon and blessed with good health.
Yep

Can we imagine having Top 5 salaries at QB, RB and Wr and still not a top 10 offense ?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No contest for me unless the durability is factored in and with these two QB's, how can that not be a major consideration?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If it's just because you're a Cowboys fan? Then yes, that's extremely uneducated.
I follow what's going on with the team and I like the improvements being made in the right spots. I see no way these improvements can put us behind a team we were ahead of last season. These are my dogs and I would be honest if I thought they took a step back from last season but that's just not the case. You can call that uneducated if you want to but I have a feeling there are a lot of us around here that feel that way so I feel I'm in good company.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I follow what's going on with the team and I like the improvements being made in the right spots. I see no way these improvements can put us behind a team we were ahead of last season. These are my dogs and I would be honest if I thought they took a step back from last season but that's just not the case. You can call that uneducated if you want to but I have a feeling there are a lot of us around here that feel that way so I feel I'm in good company.
I agree with many of the analysts picking the Egirls to win the division mainly because they appear to have improved themselves more in the draft and pending Wentz remaining healthy.

But if you feel the Cowboys have improved more and or have remained where they were last year then I take no issue with different opinions or beliefs.

This notion in conquering and dividing members and fans here based on opinions must come to an end. We’re all fans who’d sit next to each other rooting our team on while having different solutions to the issues at hand.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Who says we were ahead of them roster wise last season?
You saw my four points made about the two rosters.

But you knowing about this team when comparing to other teams, is only knowing 1/32nd of the discsussion. Making it very uneducated.

Tell me where the Cowboys roster is better than ththe Chargers

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't read that as him calling you uneducated, only if you're basing everything on being a homer, which you are plainly not.

And one thing that kinda sets me on edge here is the denigration of "homers". If a fan can't be a homer on a Dallas Cowboys forum, where then? And in case some do not notice, there are enough fans here hating on their own team to force some into homerism. Other fans don't need to come here and trash the team, we've got our own doing that.

I dunno, maybe it's just me but it seems if there is a benefit of the doubt to be given, a fan should err on the side of his team. And it's not just here, it was on the old DC.com as well. Any positive action had to be met with that "just wait" mentality.

And the tricky part is recognizing some that just want to be negative, they get off on that, and some that are in a negative frame of mind and looking for some convincing to let that go. I have seen that happen on both forums. Some come looking for support.

I gotta say, I do not get some of this. I think I am a realist and don't ignore the obvious but if I didn't know better, I would never guess this team came off the mat from 3-5 and went on to an 11-7 record but it's all about not advancing beyond the divisional round. Maybe I am missing something, but would those so pissed tell me where they thought this team was going to end up at 3-5?

I can say one thing this site has the old DC.com beat on. When something good happens, anything good, you can count on a lot of sour notes getting passed on this forum. That is the most predictable element to this forum.