News: Gil Brandt's 10 most talented teams in the NFL (Cowboys 2)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Who says we were ahead of them roster wise last season?
You saw my four points made about the two rosters.

But you knowing about this team when comparing to other teams, is only knowing 1/32nd of the discsussion. Making it very uneducated.

Tell me where the Cowboys roster is better than ththe Chargers
The sum of all the parts on the Cowboys roster played the sum of all the parts on the Eagles roster and the Cowboys won twice. That trumps anything you have to say about the two rosters. If you can't figure that out then you aren't even qualified to say who's uneducated.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

Some of us can tell good QBs from bad by looking at them play. Ive no interest in engaging in statistical manipulation or wordplay.

Or common sense apparently. Quit while you're behind, you're continuing to embarrass yourself in this thread.
:facepalm:

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't read that as him calling you uneducated, only if you're basing everything on being a homer, which you are plainly not.

And one thing that kinda sets me on edge here is the denigration of "homers". If a fan can't be a homer on a Dallas Cowboys forum, where then? And in case some do not notice, there are enough fans here hating on their own team to force some into homerism. Other fans don't need to come here and trash the team, we've got our own doing that.

I dunno, maybe it's just me but it seems if there is a benefit of the doubt to be given, a fan should err on the side of his team. And it's not just here, it was on the old DC.com as well. Any positive action had to be met with that "just wait" mentality.

And the tricky part is recognizing some that just want to be negative, they get off on that, and some that are in a negative frame of mind and looking for some convincing to let that go. I have seen that happen on both forums. Some come looking for support.

I gotta say, I do not get some of this. I think I am a realist and don't ignore the obvious but if I didn't know better, I would never guess this team came off the mat from 3-5 and went on to an 11-7 record but it's all about not advancing beyond the divisional round. Maybe I am missing something, but would those so pissed tell me where they thought this team was going to end up at 3-5?

I can say one thing this site has the old DC.com beat on. When something good happens, anything good, you can count on a lot of sour notes getting passed on this forum. That is the most predictable element to this forum.
I agree. Homerism should be a safe thing to express around here but instead we have "stat guys" and infiltrators that want you to quantify every praise you may have for your favorite team. Since when do I have to justify my preference of teams, especially when that team is the Dallas Cowboys and we are at Cowboyszone.com?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. Homerism should be a safe thing to express around here but instead we have "stat guys" and infiltrators that want you to quantify every praise you may have for your favorite team. Since when do I have to justify my preference of teams, especially when that team is the Dallas Cowboys and we are at Cowboyszone.com?
Joe, that only happens when you engage someone that wants to argue. Now, I do that anyway so I don't get any wounds that are fatal but I do get my fair share of abuse. But, that's the price we pay.

I do get the backlash against the negativity at times because it can be relentless and being married to an eternal optimist while being a card carrying pessimist for so many years is a wear down. And I made the mistake of stating my case as the realist, which some of this comes off that way at times. May I add big mistake.

I try to stay on the positive side, until proven otherwise, because I went through a life changing lesson and learned the true value of being optimistic and positive and it has little to do with the results in matters out of our control. The true value is in the journey and not the destination and while that seems simple for some, it was not for me.

The Cowboys are in the hunt as much as any team, coming off an 11-7 season and I believe they upgraded at DE and WR in FA and at RB, DT and OG in the draft but some are so poisoned by the presence of Garrett, they can't see past that. The real question isn't about him, it is about how well did the teams upgrade that we will be in contention with this season? Won't know until it gets real.

And if this season spirals, I will not join the pity party because I asked myself one question. Did the FO do everything they could to improve this team's chances this season regarding the talent level and my answer is yes, they did. What more can I ask of my team? They saw the problem at WR and addressed that as well as the DL and OL.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The sum of all the parts on the Cowboys roster played the sum of all the parts on the Eagles roster and the Cowboys won twice. That trumps anything you have to say about the two rosters. If you can't figure that out then you aren't even qualified to say who's uneducated.

I've given educated input, that you initially quoted, and I havent gotten an educated response back.

If you're having to revert back to our two games last year, you've obviously not caught onto the conversation. It doesn't trump anything, it just highlights being uneducated.

Again this is strictly rosters, for the 500th time.

This conversation will not be going anywhere, so I'll end it here.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I've given educated input, that you initially quoted, and I havent gotten an educated response back.

If you're having to revert back to our two games last year, you've obviously not caught onto the conversation. It doesn't trump anything, it just highlights being uneducated.

Again this is strictly rosters, for the 500th time.

This conversation will not be going anywhere, so I'll end it here.
I broke it down to rosters for you and that wasn't good enough for you. If you can't get over the FACT the Cowboys rosters is > the Eagles roster then there is nothing else I can say to you. You are hell-bent on your snobbery "educated" argument trumping the two Cowboys wins over the Eagles that you look ridiculous. I can't help you so stop with the replies.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I broke it down to rosters for you and that wasn't good enough for you. If you can't get over the FACT the Cowboys rosters is > the Eagles roster then there is nothing else I can say to you. You are hell-bent on your snobbery "educated" argument trumping the two Cowboys wins over the Eagles that you look ridiculous. I can't help you so stop with the replies.

Yeah, that didn't happen lmao

It's not a FACT it's an uneducated OPINION

I'm trying to help you. I even gave you a prompting question with the Chargers, but you aren't able to answer.

Using two head to head divisional match ups as your entire basis for one ROSTER being better than the other is so so silly. How someone can't understand that health and coaching also dictate wins and losses is just sad. Along with not taking into account any roster additions/losses into your roster equation. It's just a bad, uneducated look.

Cowboys lost to the Titans last year, pretty convincingly, so you're going to take the Titans roster over ours right? RIGHT? See how silly that sounds when discussing rosters?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah, that didn't happen lmao

It's not a FACT it's an uneducated OPINION

I'm trying to help you. I even gave you a prompting question with the Chargers, but you aren't able to answer.

Using two head to head divisional match ups as your entire basis for one ROSTER being better than the other is so so silly. How someone can't understand that health and coaching also dictate wins and losses is just sad. Along with not taking into account any roster additions/losses into your roster equation. It's just a bad, uneducated look.

Cowboys lost to the Titans last year, pretty convincingly, so you're going to take the Titans roster over ours right? RIGHT? See how silly that sounds when discussing rosters?
More Jedi mind tricks that don't work with me. It did happen and it kicked your arguments butt. So you are in denial now and clinging to your uneducated argument. My Cowboys beat your Eagles twice last year, deal with it. It happen and no matter your love for another roster can't change that.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
More Jedi mind tricks that don't work with me. It did happen and it kicked your arguments butt. So you are in denial now and clinging to your uneducated argument. My Cowboys beat your Eagles twice last year, deal with it. It happen and no matter your love for another roster can't change that.

The post of a five year old

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The post of a five year old
The post of someone beaten in debate and in denial. The Quincy Carter Era sucked so why do you have to be a constant reminder of it. It's your way of trolling all Cowboys fans which also explains why you stay with the default avatar rather than coming up with your own. You are an infiltrator to this Cowboys forum and it's time you stopped undermining all the legit Cowboys fans/posters with your trolling comments.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Cooper by year:
Rookie- 66.9 yards per game 6 TDs in 16 games
2nd- 72.1 yards per game 5 TDs in 16 games
3rd- 48.6 yrs per game and 7 TDs in 14 games
4th yesr with Raiders- 46.7 yards per game and 1 TD in 7 games

With Dak- 80.6 yards per game and 6 TDs in 9 games
Tell me again how Dak didnt make Cooper better

I have to ask, are you not tired of getting embarrassed by being so misinformed?
So in your opinion his lack of performance had nothing to do with Denise of the raiders.... The firing of the coach and new coaching regime...it was that Cooper a top 5 pick was bad before Dak helped resurrect his career.....and cowboys must have been fools to pay a first round pick for such crappy talent...

I have seen stupidity. But you continue to take the prize... It's the one talent you Excel at..

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So in your opinion his lack of performance had nothing to do with Denise of the raiders.... The firing of the coach and new coaching regime...it was that Cooper a top 5 pick was bad before Dak helped resurrect his career.....and cowboys must have been fools to pay a first round pick for such crappy talent...

I have seen stupidity. But you continue to take the prize... It's the one talent you Excel at..

Lol absolutely none of that was on topic. Never said Cooper was bad, you're entire post is made up. What the hell is "denise of the raiders"? Lmao
And you do know Cooper's fall from grace came before the coaching change right? RIGHT? YOU CANT POSSIBLY BE THAT STUPID

After seeing what I presented, did Dak make Cooper better or no?

Come on, I know you're slow, but I believe in you for some reason.

This isnt your worst post ever since you've had some god awful ones, but I gotta say it's not looking good for you.

Section446

Reaction score
We've had a top-5 talent team for the past decade, doesn't mean anything.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lol absolutely none of that was on topic. Never said Cooper was bad, you're entire post is made up. What the hell is "denise of the raiders"? Lmao
And you do know Cooper's fall from grace came before the coaching change right? RIGHT? YOU CANT POSSIBLY BE THAT STUPID

After seeing what I presented, did Dak make Cooper better or no?

Come on, I know you're slow, but I believe in you for some reason.

This isnt your worst post ever since you've had some god awful ones, but I gotta say it's not looking good for you.
But that was your argument...that Cooper wasn't really a 1000 yard type rwciever....the decline in performance of raiders led to.firing of the coach...so saying his performance.dropped before coaching change is idiotic

Fact is that Cooper is a.top.5 at worst top 10 WR in this league..his presence helped Dak more than Dak helping him.....Cooper proved he can be a 1000 yard rwciever with Carr.

Dak benefited from Cooper moremthan the otheroway around..cooper was good before he got here He just was in the wrong place...

Fwed

Reaction score
That core includes several who are considered among the best at their respective positions, like quarterback Carson Wentz

I don't recall anyone claiming Putz is a Top 5 QB , even when healthy , which he never seems to be...................
last time he was healthy he was the mid December fav for MVP

MCMetal69

Reaction score
last time he was healthy he was the mid December fav for MVP

And after being injured , didn't the Eagles win the Super Bowl without him with Foles being the playoff and Super Bowl MVP ?

So is it the system , the superior team he was on or Wentz that was really responsible ?

Fwed

Reaction score
And after being injured , didn't the Eagles win the Super Bowl without him with Foles being the playoff and Super Bowl MVP ?

So is it the system , the superior team he was on or Wentz that was really responsible ?

lol, Wentz' MVP play got them HFA. Foles did the job well but is no Wentz...Foles is just absolute clutch in big games...but he doesnt play that well over the long haul.

You really should look past the simple analysis and maybe watch how they actually played. Foles threw dimes all over the field during the superbowl. it was not the system. he played so far aove his typical level it was amazing. If Foles threw the ball as well and read the field as well during the reg season he would be the best QB in football...he doesnt.

Wentz is an MVP calibre QB, Foles is not.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
lol, Wentz' MVP play got them HFA. Foles did the job well but is no Wentz...Foles is just absolute clutch in big games...but he doesnt play that well over the long haul.

You really should look past the simple analysis and maybe watch how they actually played. Foles threw dimes all over the field during the superbowl. it was not the system. he played so far aove his typical level it was amazing. If Foles threw the ball as well and read the field as well during the reg season he would be the best QB in football...he doesnt.

Wentz is an MVP calibre QB, Foles is not.
It was without a doubt the system. They were running RPO stuff and the defenses had not adjusted. Kudos to that staff for thinking outside the box with Foles who had played pretty mediocre for them up until the playoffs.