Gil is in trouble

Haimerej

Reaction score
Same here. I also do arson investigations which are also not fun. I will say that I agree with you for the most part and that's from experience. I just have no idea what kind of person would say something like that about a FF, it's wild.

It would be someone who worked with many and isn't impressed by one of them using their position to justify having no class.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We know what did not happen - he wasn't "jogging on a highway", as the callous old fool assumed before kicking his corpse.

He was driving to the airport. Why he pulled over and got out of his car is not yet known, but it's safe to assume he didn't just decide to work on his cardio.
I agree and to be honest I’m not sure why it even matters…it’s like people want to justify him dying based on how immature he was earlier in his career….

Haimerej

Reaction score
So you show up after the fact, and have the audacity to call out those who are there when the sht is hitting the fan? I know it's terrible to see those things but FFs and medics are there as it's happening with people lives hanging in the balance. We all have a role, and theres no need for disrespect on either side.

Until you've been in that situation or watched your coworkers lifeless bodies drug out of a fire knowing damn well it could've just as easily of been yours, don't go there.

I was an EMT prior to my time as a death investigator.

My point here is dude is using his former job to defend against criticism for expressing a foolish take.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It never ceases to anger me how many of us are willing to say the worst of people to make ourselves feel better about ourselves. So many of those who blame others for being bad or evil oftentimes do so to make themselves feel better about themselves. It's a grievous fault that should be corrected by so many of us who are secretly guilty of big mistakes ourselves. Think twice before condemning others of what might happen to you in their place. Nobody's perfect, nor even close. That's our cross to bear as human beings. Yes, Gil Brandt made a mistake that he's sorry for -- let it go, people!

Last edited:

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
What did Schefter say?
It was no where near as bad a Gil Brandt's, but he included in his tweet that "Dwayne Haskins, a standout at Ohio State before struggling to catch on with Washington and Pittsburgh in the NFL, died this morning.....". He deleted it after he started getting rightfully ripped on social media.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
That system has always been in place . And no one is calling for a rush to judgement. We simply want to honestly call it for what it is.
Actually, that system has not always been in place. Or if it has, it was only for certain people.
As for honesty, I don't know what you're talking about. Honesty about what happened to Haskins? :huh:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Because even if it's true and in this case it appears to be so... you are not allowed to say it publically. Cancel culture will not allow it.
News flash: There's ALWAYS been a cancel culture. People in ancient and current civilizations are getting beheaded, shot, strangled, lynched, etc., for voicing unpopular opinions.
It's just in America we somehow think this is the first time in history this has occurred.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
News flash: There's ALWAYS been a cancel culture. People in ancient and current civilizations are getting beheaded, shot, strangled, lynched, etc., for voicing unpopular opinions.
It's just in America we somehow think this is the first time in history this has occurred.
Yeah it is odd that people sort of act like this is new lol. Like you don’t get cancelled for saying something controversial or insensitive lol.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
FK Gil Bradt!!! You have the right to say whatever you want. You do not have protection from the consequences. Yo can say fk everybody in the club, just don't complain when you get stomped out by everybody in the club.
Society has become too brittle and old mofo's have definitely overcorrected. Don't say anything you wouldn't say in front of someone. If Haskins Brother/Cousin/Ect would have been sitting there Dusty *** Gil Bradt would mind his manners.
INTERNET SUPERMEN MAKE ME WANNA TOSS!!!!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It never ceases to anger me how many of us are willing to say the worst of people to make ourselves feel better about ourselves. So many of those who blame others for being bad or evil oftentimes do so to make themselves feel better about themselves. It's a grievous fault that should be corrected by so many of us who are secretly guilty of big mistakes ourselves. Think twice before condemning others of what might happen to you in their place. Nobody's perfect, nor even close. That's our cross to bear as human beings. Yes, Gil Brandt made a mistake that he's sorry for -- let it go, people!
I agree, but Gil should have done the same for Haskins.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Schefter chose to point out in a now deleted tweet that Haskins was "struggling to catch on with Washington and Pittsburgh in the NFL."

Almost immediately, NFL players and fans took to social media to disparage the insensitivity (struggling to catch on with Washington and Pittsburgh) Schefter displayed in his reporting.

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/twitter-reacts-deleted-adam-schefter-dwayne-haskins-tweet
Many people can't handle the truth, but they sure want to silence you, or worse, ruin your name and livelihood for saying that truth, especially when asked for it.

shabazz

Reaction score
That one is definitely upcoming. I'm learning what types of wood pairs well with different flavors when smoking the meats.
So far pecan is just generally a good choice for just about everything, but I might try a fruit wood like apple on a jerk spiced.

oh, that’s my bad. I thought you were talking about doing beef jerky, not smoking meats.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think saying someone is "living to die" is an opinion, not a true statement. He has no idea what Haskins was doing in his life, no one but his family really does probably. I think the timing of it was totally inappropriate. His body isn't even cold and he's peeing on him. Sad/pathetic grumpy-assed man.

I think there are two schools of thought in this. Ones set of people focus solely on the death which is tragic. The other set of people are discussing the avoidable aspect of it. I have no problem with either point of view. Both can be equally right.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Here is some more truth. You’re being an insensitive prick after somebody was killed in an accident.

Neither Gil or you was there and don’t even know what happened. It’s not the time to spout off.

It’s hilarious that you think that Gil or yourself is in a position to state “the truth” when neither probably knows a damn thing about what actually happened.
The truth is starting to come out. Are you going to apologize to me and Mr. Gil Brandt?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouth of the fool gushes folly.
This is the guy ^^^ who uses scripture while insinuating Gil Brandt should be taken back in time during WWII and compares having to wear a mask nowadays to what Jews went through during the Holocaust in them gas chambers?

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly, they are ravening wolves.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Do you even know what he said?????? Before making comments you might wanna know what you are taking about.

Gil was absolutely correct in his evaluation from years ago......and now time is proving him correct. And now people wanna get all pissed off because he was right to begin with?????

Those people can turn in their credentials as far as I'm concerned. The media is full of hypocrites. :angry:
:hammer:

Here as well.