Gil is in trouble

Rayman70

Reaction score
It was no where near as bad a Gil Brandt's, but he included in his tweet that "Dwayne Haskins, a standout at Ohio State before struggling to catch on with Washington and Pittsburgh in the NFL, died this morning.....". He deleted it after he started getting rightfully ripped on social media.
that wasnt a bad statement he made. Compare that to what Gil said. Its night and day. Shefty is a turd, but Gil may be senile and delusional.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not man enough to answer a simple question eh? Lol that's what I thought.

Gil wasn't right about anything..as I explained in my first post on the subject.
Mr. Brandt was spot on correct. He tried to warn others that this young man was not mentally ready for the responsibility of being an NFL QB, and time proved that to be true, sadly. The only wrong with Mr. Brandt was the timing and how he said it, especially on the same day of Haskins' death (suicide). That's what it was.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Mr. Brandt was spot on correct. He tried to warn others that this young man was not mentally ready for the responsibility of being an NFL QB, and time proved that to be true, sadly. The only wrong with Mr. Brandt was the timing and how he said it, especially on the same day of Haskins' death (suicide). That's what it was.

Unless you have information that no one else has..saying he killed himself on purpose is just as stupid and insensitive as Gil's comments that he was "living to be dead" and that one more year of being on a college campus would've somehow completely changed who he was as a person. Let it alone dude.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Unless you have information that no one else has..saying he killed himself on purpose is just as stupid and insensitive as Gil's comments that he was "living to be dead" and that one more year of being on a college campus would've somehow completely changed who he was as a person. Let it alone dude.
What do you call walking in the early morning hours dressed up in black and waving your arms in the middle of an inundation of 70+mph vehicles on a busy interstate? Huh??? WHAT DO YOU CALL THAT?

Last edited:

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
that wasnt a bad statement he made. Compare that to what Gil said. Its night and day. Shefty is a turd, but Gil may be senile and delusional.
IF it "wasn't a bad statement", why did he take it down and post another one after he got roasted? If Schefter isn't copying and pasting texts from "sources" he messes up constantly. When he has to use his own words, he's terrible. But, he's still employed and making $9M/yr.

Rayman70

Reaction score
IF it "wasn't a bad statement", why did he take it down and post another one after he got roasted? If Schefter isn't copying and pasting texts from "sources" he messes up constantly. When he has to use his own words, he's terrible. But, he's still employed and making $9M/yr.
because hes being canceled by the mob. Thats why. The Mob rules these days.

Rayman70

Reaction score
ESPN SUCKS BTW. So we basically agree he shouldn't be there. That said, what he said was mundane in comparison to Gil. Adam just comes off as an indifferent jerk. Gil comes off as a holier than thou bitter, delusional old man that needs a clue. I am a fan of Gil the scout, but not Gil the man. He shouldnt be making anymore public statements on the radio .

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
ESPN SUCKS BTW. So we basically agree he shouldn't be there. That said, what he said was mundane in comparison to Gil. Adam just comes off as an indifferent jerk. Gil comes off as a holier than thou bitter, delusional old man that needs a clue. I am a fan of Gil the scout, but not Gil the man. He shouldnt be making anymore public statements on the radio .
Why not (more public radio statements from Mr. Brandt)? If you don't want to hear him, change the station. Many of us do want to hear him.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Because in this day and age you're not supposed to tell the truth.

Exactly. All the focus on Gil's supposed "insensitivity"

And not a single person is asking if what he said was accurate. I'm not dogmatically saying it is or it isn't accurate

I'm just saying I couldn't give two sh!#$ if Gil is being sensitive or not. The only reason he should be called out for this is if he said something that is provably inaccurate. Sad that as noted above he could have his livelihood ruined because he's perceived as "insensitive". Gotta love snowflakes

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
The more that comes out the more correct Gil looks. Now the Karens can whine about insensitive, etc but he was correct on the facts.

Lol here's another one.

No. Everyday more comes out only shows that he couldn't be more wrong in saying this kid was "living to be dead."

Everyone that actually knew him and was around him is painting a picture of a man who lived with kindness and energy and selflessness. Not a guy just waiting for his chance to end it. Get a clue.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol here's another one.

No. Everyday more comes out only shows that he couldn't be more wrong in saying this kid was "living to be dead."

Everyone that actually knew him and was around him is painting a picture of a man who lived with kindness and energy and selflessness. Not a guy just waiting for his chance to end it. Get a clue.
You don't go walking through traffic, much less an interstate full of speeding vehicles driving 70+ mph while it's still dark and you're wearing all black colored clothing. Unless you are drug/alcohol-impaired and not thinking straight?

Last edited:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The more that comes out the more correct Gil looks. Now the Karens can whine about insensitive, etc but he was correct on the facts.

What more has come out about it? Only thing I can find is that he was out there for "unknown reasons". Granted, I haven't googled a whole lot of the story.

RoboQB

Reaction score
"Living to be dead."
The phrase, to me, means living recklessly.

Finding yourself on the side of a highway
with a drunk chick passed out cold and deciding
to run out into traffic would meet that definition.

Gil was right. And now everyone with a brain knows it.

This is a far cry from the original story where he's jogging, like Rocky,
on his way to a fairy tale ending, when a dump truck suddenly
decided to run off the highway and struck him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
"Living to be dead."

Wasnt the story he ran out of fuel?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What more has come out about it? Only thing I can find is that he was out there for "unknown reasons". Granted, I haven't googled a whole lot of the story.
If you haven't Googled lately about Haskins' story, you should. New information is coming out.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
"Living to be dead."

Correct.

Looks like Haskins was driving early that morning with another woman drunk and passed out with him. Now it's starting to make sense.

Why did Haskins decide to walk into traffic on a very busy interstate? Looks like he might have been drunk as well and was unable to think straight. This definitely does not make him look good, especially since he was married and that was definitely not his wife with him in his vehicle the night/morning he got run over and killed in Miami, Florida.