Gil is in trouble

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Hold on. Full stop.

If what Mr. Gil Brandt said turns out to be true (the way Dwayne Haskins was always living on the edge or even getting run over and killed for jogging on a highway), how can anyone blame Mr. Brandt for saying what he said?
Because everything that’s said now and day is put under 45 microscopes so Karen’s can cry

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What is the truth here though? Are we going to pretend that Gil knows Haskins and how he’s been living? He would never disrespect Rayfield Wright and how he was at 21 so why is he doing that here?

I don’t think he should be cancelled. He’s sort of doing the job for everyone.
Listen to the podcast clip again. The podcast interviewer made it clear why he asked Mr. Brandt for his opinion concerning Haskins.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I don’t know about that one…..seems like people are ok with making such comments because they didn’t know him or like him. Very insensitive.

I don't think like or dislike has to do with anything at all. I will say this, though, I'm not a Dak fan but if a similar thing happened to him next weekend I wouldn't make a comment like Gil's. I just wouldn't. It helps no one.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think like or dislike has to do with anything at all. I will say this, though, I'm not a Dak fan but if a similar thing happened to him next weekend I wouldn't make a comment like Gil's. I just wouldn't. It helps no one.
What on earth has Haskins done to be considered “living too fast”? What am I missing? You mean he lived like a 21 year old who has the unlucky fortune of being drafted by the sorry *** Skins?

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Pointing out that people shouldn't do stupid things that result in their demise helps.

Though, we don't know all the details. I still question how he got hit by a truck on a highway of all things. Only thing I can guess is that he didn't look before exiting his vehicle.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I love the guys honesty. Haskins was a complete train wreck from the day he was drafted. Horrible horrible pick. And I remember Stephen A accusing the Giants of being biased when taking Jones over Haskins.
As if how he was when he was drafted and how he panned out as a football player means anything at all right now....

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This reads way more like a meltdown, than what I assuming was satire

It's obviously mocking what is being said in this thread. I dislike how everyone suddenly finds their morality again after Haskins was labeled everything under the sun from lazy, entitled, and immature and a bust of a QB - then suddenly when he dies, it's glowing. Maybe people should remember to say kinder things when someone is alive rather than when in death?

Also there is a lack of actual honesty in the media. We tend to ask for that, and then when someone speaks what is on their mind, the public just can't handle it. I think the only thing wrong here with Gil is that he should wait until all information comes out, Haskins seemed to be an immature idiot but that doesn't mean he was at complete fault for his death, even if it is looking that way.