Gil is in trouble

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Pointing out that people shouldn't do stupid things that result in their demise helps.

Though, we don't know all the details. I still question how he got hit by a truck on a highway of all things. Only thing I can guess is that he didn't look before exiting his vehicle.

People certainly do dumb things that are Darwin Award worthy, but I'm not sure if this was a case of that or not. I'm speaking of me personally - I wouldn't say something like that publicly. I might joke with friends, but I certainly wouldn't say it to someone who is going to have the comment plastered all over the planet in less than 5 minutes.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Just because he wasnt good at his job that does not define him as a man or a son. And to tear down his character hours after his death is just being a scumbag and something you wouldnt have the heart to say in person.

I will repeat. for the suddenly virtuous here: You demean this man while he was alive, he a bust, a bum, a loser, lazy, entitled and got cut for a few of those reasons - but now that he is dead, now is the time for tact?

By the way, I've read you specifically saying a lot of BS about players - you know, you had it out for Sean Lee for quite a while over a rumor. So spare me.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lol bashing man about his job while he was alive is one thing. Doing it when he just died when you dont know the man personally hours after he died is another. Your parents failed frfr
He got busted rushing in head first to defend someone from being canceled. Once that fell apart, he tried to create an alternate narrative to make it look like he had a point all along

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People certainly do dumb things that are Darwin Award worthy, but I'm not sure if this was a case of that or not. I'm speaking of me personally - I wouldn't say something like that publicly. I might joke with friends, but I certainly wouldn't say it to someone who is going to have the comment plastered all over the planet in less than 5 minutes.
That and most of us did some dumb things when we were in our early twenties and beyond for many of us.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I will repeat. for the suddenly virtuous here: You demean this man while he was alive, he a bust, a bum, a loser, lazy, entitled and got cut for a few of those reasons - but now that he is dead, now is the time for tact?

By the way, I've read you specifically saying a lot of BS about players - you know, you had it out for Sean Lee for quite a while over a rumor. So spare me.
I can guarantee you when sean lee dies i wont be on here talking poorly about the man, the son, the husband, the father. Theres a difference. Youre a romosexual so it makes sense you dont comprehend things well.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Hold on. Full stop.

If what Mr. Gil Brandt said turns out to be true (the way Dwayne Haskins was always living on the edge or even getting run over and killed for jogging on a highway), how can anyone blame Mr. Brandt for saying what he said?
Who is Gil to judge how anyone else lives their lives? A man is dead and I'm sure those close to him are devastated. If he's factually correct is irrelevant. Show some respect for the dead.

shabazz

Reaction score
What's sadder is that we live in a time when people are so damn soft they feel they have to "cancel" someone for simply saying something they deem inappropriate.

unfortunately it matter WHO one is and what their Identity is. Certain people get the benefit of “misspeaking” while others get canceled immediately……equal distribution and application of judgement is a continuing problem

having said that, I still belief part of Gil’s statement was callous at this juncture. I also believe he has the right to express his opinion and people have the right to disagree

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep, and I won't be reading any more of their garbage no matter how popular they are here.

Gil was factually incorrect, not to mention ridiculously callous, and we've got morons cheering him on.
There I firm line with some people. "I must don my amor and defend no matter how stupid!"

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I fail to see how you believing someone is a bust in the NFL disqualifies them from respect and decency when they lose their life.
Exactly. All of us say things about players. We even call them names sometimes. It's never personal ( at least to most of us). And there is more important things than football and a human life is one of them. We don't know Dwayne personally. We don't know what he was really like.