Gil is in trouble

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There appears to be much worse comments Gil could have said if it was indeed a Dump-truck which hit Haskins.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's obviously mocking what is being said in this thread. I dislike how everyone suddenly finds their morality again after Haskins was labeled everything under the sun from lazy, entitled, and immature and a bust of a QB - then suddenly when he dies, it's glowing. Maybe people should remember to say kinder things when someone is alive rather than when in death?

Also there is a lack of actual honesty in the media. We tend to ask for that, and then when someone speaks what is on their mind, the public just can't handle it. I think the only thing wrong here with Gil is that he should wait until all information comes out, Haskins seemed to be an immature idiot but that doesn't mean he was at complete fault for his death, even if it is looking that way.
I think the implication from alot of people was that Gil was stupid.....which he was.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Haskins, Gil's comment also lacked moral decency. If you are defending that, I feel very sorry you

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It's obviously mocking what is being said in this thread. I dislike how everyone suddenly finds their morality again after Haskins was labeled everything under the sun from lazy, entitled, and immature and a bust of a QB - then suddenly when he dies, it's glowing. Maybe people should remember to say kinder things when someone is alive rather than when in death?

Also there is a lack of actual honesty in the media. We tend to ask for that, and then when someone speaks what is on their mind, the public just can't handle it. I think the only thing wrong here with Gil is that he should wait until all information comes out, Haskins seemed to be an immature idiot but that doesn't mean he was at complete fault for his death, even if it is looking that way.
I'm confused here.

I don't see anyone saying "glowing" things of Haskins as a football player or a person. I just see people showing respect and decency for a young man that lost his life.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
If someone said almost these exact comments about Irvin and about his cocaine usage on the day of his death, you’d have a different tune
Not me, I'd bust a fat rail in honor of Mike, shoot I'd even make an 88 out of an 8 ball

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Just because he wasnt good at his job that does not define him as a man or a son. And to tear down his character hours after his death is just being a scumbag and something you wouldnt have the heart to say in person.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Hold on. Full stop.

If what Mr. Gil Brandt said turns out to be true (the way Dwayne Haskins was always living on the edge or even getting run over and killed for jogging on a highway), how can anyone blame Mr. Brandt for saying what he said?

First off, he wasn't "jogging on the highway". Second, the man's body is still warm.

Time to put the ignore function to work, going through this thread. Some people showing me who they really are, and not in a good way.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
You have to have tact. The guy just died and his fans and family are in mourning. Just shouldn't say things like that.
I get it. There's a way and a time that things like that are better said. But I've watched as my father has lost all filtering of his words. As you get older seems to be a thing for some folks. If it rolls through my father's head he most likely will say it. I think we have to give those advanced in years some slack also.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think the implication from alot of people was that Gil was stupid.....which he was.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Haskins, Gil's comment also lacked moral decency. If you are defending that, I feel very sorry you

No, I think people decided to get on a high horse when they have commented far worse things than Gil has on this very forum about people that are alive. As I said, just a day ago Haskins was considered a lazy bust and entitled, now suddenly it's all kind words? Nah, homie don't play that. Just start being more honest rather than looking good on the interwebz for anons.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm confused here.

I don't see anyone saying "glowing" things of Haskins as a football player or a person. I just see people showing respect and decency for a young man that lost his life.

So, I will repeat - when someone is alive, calling the man a bum, a bust, lazy, entitled, etc. that's fine. The moment they die, it's hands off?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, I think people decided to get on a high horse when they have commented far worse things than Gil has on this very forum about people that are alive. As I said, just a day ago Haskins was considered a lazy bust and entitled, now suddenly it's all kind words? Nah, homie don't play that. Just start being more honest rather than looking good on the interwebz for anons.
Spoken like a true Twitter Warrior

ShortRound

Reaction score
Gil may be 1000% right. That is immaterial. The timing was sickening and uncalled for. Maybe he had a brainfart. Dude is 90.

I think it was an inner voice kind of thought lol. Just hold it for a day or two.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Lol bashing man about his job while he was alive is one thing. Doing it when he just died when you dont know the man personally hours after he died is another. Your parents failed frfr