Gilmore: The goal is to return to Dallas

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I love how some say we can’t afford Gilmore or anyone else because of the cap.
Like, do you know what he would sign for? Are you looking at the books and know how he’d fit it? Do you know what we can do with other contracts?

Or is it just a fad to say we have Cap problems and can’t afford to pay anyone?

Rayman70

Reaction score
So many needs in the draft though. Where does CB rank for you? Our pass defense was 5th in the league with basically Gilmore and Bland all year. So if able to keep those 3 together, or even if you lost Gilmore, I don't think it ranks very high.
have to be forward thinking at cb. Look what happened after Gilmore went down. Wright was terrible. Lewis was hurt too. Then the fact Diggs is coming back from major surgery and won't be right. For me, cb is a top 3 need. I think I would sign a free agent for depth. If you stay the same in this league your not getting better.

kumizi

Reaction score
We already have two pro bowl corners, a lot of bigger needs, and not a ton of cap space. I don’t see how he’s back unless he wants to play for cheap.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Towards the end of the interview they ask about Belichick and both say he’s a great coach and he’s not been hired bc he keeps it too real and young guys don’t wanna be yelled at and can’t take it. All I could think about is Zimmer yelling at some of the young defensive guys.

Nexx

Reaction score
the guy was solid.. as a third corner, he would be perfect.

rambo2

Reaction score
I love how some say we can’t afford Gilmore or anyone else because of the cap.
Like, do you know what he would sign for? Are you looking at the books and know how he’d fit it? Do you know what we can do with other contracts?

Or is it just a fad to say we have Cap problems and can’t afford to pay anyone?
The Cowboys can sign anybody that they want to. Don't listen to these people.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
the guy was solid.. as a third corner, he would be perfect.
That's how I'd use him if he was re-signed, depending on how well Diggs comes back from his injury, of course. Diggs and Bland would be the outside corners on early downs and Bland would move to the slot in the nickel. That would save Gilmore some wear and tear.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
If the deal is right. Kick Bland to slot you have Diggs, Gilmore, Bland

… and then Wright and Scott
I like the top 3. They definitely need Scott to be at least serviceable in year 2. I dont think Wright can play. JMO

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Everybody wants what we got.
I remember Parsons said in one of the sounds on the sideline vids to get your stats in the regular season because playoffs don't count for payday. So everyone wants a wild card 1 and done exit, Dallas is your place.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Jerry is dumb. He will try to sell us that Diggs is 100% and wont draft a cb. We wont sign anyone else.
Jerry is always fine with taking recovering players into the season. Always trusts that they'll be healthy come the playoffs. Doesn't really think that the season matters.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If the deal is right. Kick Bland to slot you have Diggs, Gilmore, Bland

… and then Wright and Scott
When are people gonna realize Bland sucks in the slot? The guy leads the league in Pick 6s playing outside....and stupid fans want to move him.....Go figure.

zerofill

Reaction score
Ya with Bland and Diggs that's a pass on the Gilmore man.
Can we afford him?
Don't think we can.
Would like to have him in case Diggs isn't himself. But, either way... Gilmore is just lucky he has a ring already lol.