Ginn Jr. dropping?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
w/ measuring 5'11" 178, and not running at the Combine, anyone think his stock drops from top 15, to bottom 1st?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don't. He doesn't need to run IMO. Anyone that wants to get caught up on a time and can't see how blazing fast he is on the field is an idiot.

Size might scare some people but not a half of a round....

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1391447 said:
I don't. He doesn't need to run IMO. Anyone that wants to get caught up on a time and can't see how blazing fast he is on the field is an idiot.

true, but today produced bigger and just as fast receivers

Reaction score
Yeah but those who compare him to Terry Glenn is foolish because he doesn't have the hands of Glenn or route running discipline. Ginn Jr. reminds me of last year's Devon Hester, a really good one trick pony!

btcutter

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1391447 said:

Size might scare some people but not a half of a round....

My concern would be if he can stand up to the pounding of the NFL. He's no Steve Smith who's built more like a RB. Ginn looks fragile...but at bottom of 1st....I am have a hard time passing.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Bigger maybe but faster? Based on what? He didn't run.

And how many of those other guys are going to return punts and kicks?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1391453 said:
Bigger maybe but faster? Based on what? He didn't run.

And how many of those other guys are going to return punts and kicks?

ok, this guy doesn't see him dropping

next

Hoofbite

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1391457 said:
ok, this guy doesn't see him dropping

next

what, you asked if people thought he was dropping because he didn't run and he is small.

I told you what I thought, sorry you didn't like it.

You then said there were faster guys and I asked what you based it off of?

I guess if I would have known that this thread was the "agree with me or piss off" type, I probably would have just left it be......

my bad, next time Ill just try and reinforce everything you say just you can feel good about yourself.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I want to hear opinions, not get into a big argument, I know where you stand

but really, Ginn is one of the lightest WRs in this class, he's not that polished, do teams who pick in the top 15, who generally have a hard time scoring points to win games, take a chance on someone who's biggest impact will probably be just on punt and kick returns?

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Dude can not run because of an injury not because he does not want to :bang2:

Thats a big difference; if he is healthy and runs at OSU Pro day and does well then he is still going to be drafted 1st round most likely.

If his foot is still hurt he may drop because of injury concern but not because he did not run at the combine

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I don't think so. He isn't running because of his ankle injury. I think most will still go off of his season. Besides, he's got a pro day he's gonna run at......I heard.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Kangaroo;1391470 said:
Dude can not run because of an injury not because he does not want to :bang2:

Thats a big difference; if he is healthy and runs at OSU Pro day and does well then he is still going to be drafted 1st round most likely.

If his foot is still hurt he may drop because of injury concern but not because he did not run at the combine

Seven;1391471 said:
I don't think so. He isn't running because of his ankle injury. I think most will still go off of his season. Besides, he's got a pro day he's gonna run at......I heard.

I know all that, but when he runs, he has a good chance of being just as fast, or slower than Yamon Figurs, who's only 1lb. lighter

a top 15 team could get draft Figurs in the 3rd/4th round, and get a speedy WR who was very good returning punts in college

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
He'll be there at 22. And we'll take him if he is there. Having him as a consistent K/PR threat would honestly help this team more than anyone else on the board IMHO.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
He will drop....

Until his pro day when he clocks the fastest 40 time in the last decade.

Then he'll be a 10-15 pick again.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
Or we realize that hes a 4.3-4.4 guy, and hes not going to run any 4.1 or 4.2 like he does on the 37 yard track at OSU.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
GoinForSix;1391514 said:
Or we realize that hes a 4.3-4.4 guy.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who has ever watched him play knows that he is one of the fastest players they'll ever see. No way does he run a 4.4.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
cobra;1391522 said:
I'm pretty sure that anyone who has ever watched him play knows that he is one of the fastest players they'll ever see. No way does he run a 4.4.

Deion's record will still be in tact at the end of the day after Ginn runs.