Ginn Jr. dropping?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
summerisfunner;1391442 said:
w/ measuring 5'11" 178, and not running at the Combine, anyone think his stock drops from top 15, to bottom 1st?
No. April 28 is a loooooooooooong way off.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Minnesota his high on him, and if he gets past the vikings, he wont get past miami assuming brady quinn isn't on the board at #9. Ginn is a homerun hitter. Guys like that don't slip.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
GoinForSix;1391524 said:
Deion's record will still be in tact at the end of the day after Ginn runs.

If ginn comes out and has a good run, I could see him beating it.

Of course, Im pretty sure that Deions time was AT the combine so it is considered as legit as it gets.

Either way, Deions combine record will stand......

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1391442 said:
w/ measuring 5'11" 178, and not running at the Combine, anyone think his stock drops from top 15, to bottom 1st?

i think his injury dropped him a little. and even more if he cant run at his proday.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I'm not sure if its so much a case of Ginn dropping as it is a case of Meachem and some others elevating themselves and passing him by. Ginn needs to run a lights out time, because he's always been a better athlete than WR. Of course, I don't think anyone has run a bad time on OSU's track.

If I'm taking a guy just based on kick return ability, I'll take Figgins two rounds later.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
not likely, i'm sure they hope he can run March 10th at OSU pro day,but the coaches really put the most stock in film. Besides his return skills will keep plenty intrigued for him to stay in the top 15

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
diehard2231;1391590 said:
not likely, i'm sure they hope he can run March 10th at OSU pro day,but the coaches really put the most stock in film. Besides his return skills will keep plenty intrigued for him to stay in the top 15

he'll stay in the top 15 reguardless. but i dont think he'll be anything special. more of a joey galloway type. which isnt shabby. but nothing that is game breaking. he doesnt look like he could take a hit either. it would be best for him to stay out of the nfc east and afc south lol

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1169625&postcount=135

jackrussell said:
I'm thinking more of our (hopefully) draft position.

Bottom 3rd of the draft....Ginn could solve our 3rd WR(or Terry glenn replacement)...KR....PR....emergcency QB.......nickel CB position.

Nov. 18th, 2006

Some are on, then off the bandwagon. Some are notorious flip floppers. Some watch one game and make a decision. Some pay too much attention to the underwear olympics. Some never see, and are simply media parrotheads.

Simply put, if you say one trick pony, your basic kick returner, no WR skills, bad hands...you just haven't seen the guy I have watched week in week out for 3 years.

I'll stand by my comment from last November....the rest can over analyze and find some reason to pass over the most explosive player on the board.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1391589 said:
I'm not sure if its so much a case of Ginn dropping as it is a case of Meachem and some others elevating themselves and passing him by. Ginn needs to run a lights out time, because he's always been a better athlete than WR. Of course, I don't think anyone has run a bad time on OSU's track.

If I'm taking a guy just based on kick return ability, I'll take Figgins two rounds later.

Meachem looked really good today, not just his 40 time, which is pretty good for a WR who is 215, 4.39, he's just fast going through his routes and his footwork is really good, he's gonna be a huge YAC threat

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
LatinMind;1391596 said:
he'll stay in the top 15 reguardless. but i dont think he'll be anything special. more of a joey galloway type. which isnt shabby. but nothing that is game breaking. he doesnt look like he could take a hit either. it would be best for him to stay out of the nfc east and afc south lol
who really knows,time will tell,he def. needs more polishing in running routes, man do I wish we could get CJ.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
diehard2231;1391606 said:
who really knows,time will tell,he def. needs more polishing in running routes, man do I wish we could get CJ.

hell yeah. i wouldnt care if dallas gave up this yrs first and 2nd and next yrs first for him. calvin is going to be huge. randy moss rookie yr type huge

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I hope Ginn is taken top 15 so that someone else drops to 22. I just can't see anyone drafting a 5-11 178 pound receiver that high. I think he's lucky if someone late in the first falls in love with his speed.

Looks like the big three have separated themselves: Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, and Robert Meachem.

Then it looks like you have the eye of the beholder types who could be great but have a few flaws that scare people with Rice, Ginn, Jarrett. Then you have guys like Smith, Hill, Gonzales and possibly Figaro who have pretty good production and speed but have average size.

*Deion Sanders 40 time of 4.29 was at the combine on what was considered a slow turf. There is a new one now that is considered pretty fast.

But Ohio St. players will always put up rediculous times on pro day because of a very fast track. Galloway, Glenn, Boston put up some times just like Ginn will likey put up.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
There's going to be tons of people dropping and rising before we get to the draft...with some doing both.

I hope Ginn drops all they way to the Cowboys.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1391600 said:
Meachem looked really good today, not just his 40 time, which is pretty good for a WR who is 215, 4.39, he's just fast going through his routes and his footwork is really good, he's gonna be a huge YAC threat

I liked him a lot and was shocked he ran that fast. What always impressed me was how fluid and natural he looked on the football field .. liked Reggie Wayne or Tory Holt.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I think Ginn is a high-rsk/reward type guy.

He really should've gone back for one more year. He's only played two years as a WR. He has plenty of speed, but he's very raw as a WR.

Will he be another Lav Coles, or Alexader Wright?

jackrussell

Reaction score
Bizwah;1391632 said:
I think Ginn is a high-rsk/reward type guy.

He really should've gone back for one more year. He's only played two years as a WR. He has plenty of speed, but he's very raw as a WR.

Will he be another Lav Coles, or Alexader Wright?

3 years.

Bizwah

Reaction score
jackrussell;1391639 said:

IIRC, he played most of his freshman year as a CB/KR/WR.

He switched full-time to WR his soph year.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1391625 said:
There's going to be tons of people dropping and rising before we get to the draft...with some doing both.

I hope Ginn drops all they way to the Cowboys.

in which case I hope we pass...he's gonna be a fine return guy, but he has a long ways to go as a WR...I'd much rather have one of the other hghly regarded WR prospects than Ginn

David

jackrussell

Reaction score
Bizwah;1391643 said:
IIRC, he played most of his freshman year as a CB/KR/WR.

He switched full-time to WR his soph year.

Call it what you want, he lined up at WR for 3 years. Full time, part time..whatever.