Redsfan_83
Well-Known Member
- Messages
- 11,898
- Reaction score
- 10,698
No QB1, no Burns...injuries to RB1 and WR1 are likely down the road. I said from the onset that they are going to be a problem, but I can't see this being sustainable
Good question. As you know, Winston can be electric but he can also be a turnover machine. What I like about him though is he trusts his receivers to out muscle, out jump the secondary opponents. He threw one yesterday to Nabers that was caught for a long game (about 40 yards).Welcome, doing some recon on division forums for fun? It's rare any team goes anywhere without their starting QB for an extended time so I think any fan would be skeptical on the season outlook. We've been there before too, not a fun season.
For our backup, I hear Romo is currently unemployed, haha
How are you feeling about the Giants moving forward?
Hurts can play Jekyll and hide, one week he can be a dud and another he can be a world beater. Their D is good , looks like GInts are also using their D and putting thro simple game plan of run and take calculated shots with experienced backup qBEagles, offense, is horrible
Their ridding on their defense ,
And we’re just the opposite
We’re two players away in my opinion
Edge, corner,
Someone would say edge middle linebacker
They have no legit chance. Beating powder puffs won’t do it. Cowboys are actually the favorites, Eagles right behind. Giants are considered a long shot because they are pretty bad to start before injuries. 9/1 Giants. 5/2 CowboysGood question. As you know, Winston can be electric but he can also be a turnover machine. What I like about him though is he trusts his receivers to out muscle, out jump the secondary opponents. He threw one yesterday to Nabers that was caught for a long game (about 40 yards).
So, do I feel good about him leading us? Not nearly as good as I would feel with Dart leading us, but it is what it is. So, yes, I have my doubts we can beat the more elite teams under Winston.
I hate to say this, but I also feel both Nabers and Skatt are playing on borrowed time. They both seem to be attracted to an injury, so that makes me feel less confident, just waiting to see that play out. I know that is not good thinking, but the Giants over this past decade just seem to find a way to carry the crutches around…I hate even thinking this.
Okay to put closure to your very difficult question…we have played 4 teams. 2 are mediocre to okay (titans and Cards), 1 is elite (Rams) , and 1 is half elite- offense only- that would be Dallas. So, because the one full elite team crushed my boys on the road, I can’t be sticking my chest out now until we beat an elite team on the road. So until that happens, I’m not thinking Super Bowl.
But can we win the East? I think it is very possible because I don’t see any of the other 3 teams clearly being better than my boys. Now if we lose on the road to Washington next week, I may have to rethink this…but for now, I don’t fear any of the other teams in our division.
Sorry for being so verbose. Your question brings out a lot of thought for me.
K
Fair breakdown and agree on Winston. Definition of a gambling QB and reminds me a bit of Fitzpatrick. With Winston one week you think you found a good QB and the next week you're calling for his benching. It's early in the season, but at this point in the season it's very possible the team that wins the East could have 8, 9, maybe 10 wins with each team with question marks. For the Cowboys they have some defensive players that make you believe they can put it together defensively, but they need to acclimate to the scheme and communicate better. I'm not surprised the defense hasn't played well with all the new starters and first year defensive coordinator, but how quickly they can get it together will determine the seasons outcome.Good question. As you know, Winston can be electric but he can also be a turnover machine. What I like about him though is he trusts his receivers to out muscle, out jump the secondary opponents. He threw one yesterday to Nabers that was caught for a long game (about 40 yards).
So, do I feel good about him leading us? Not nearly as good as I would feel with Dart leading us, but it is what it is. So, yes, I have my doubts we can beat the more elite teams under Winston.
I hate to say this, but I also feel both Nabers and Skatt are playing on borrowed time. They both seem to be attracted to an injury, so that makes me feel less confident, just waiting to see that play out. I know that is not good thinking, but the Giants over this past decade just seem to find a way to carry the crutches around…I hate even thinking this.
Okay to put closure to your very difficult question…we have played 4 teams. 2 are mediocre to okay (titans and Cards), 1 is elite (Rams) , and 1 is half elite- offense only- that would be Dallas. So, because the one full elite team crushed my boys on the road, I can’t be sticking my chest out now until we beat an elite team on the road. So until that happens, I’m not thinking Super Bowl.
But can we win the East? I think it is very possible because I don’t see any of the other 3 teams clearly being better than my boys. Now if we lose on the road to Washington next week, I may have to rethink this…but for now, I don’t fear any of the other teams in our division.
Sorry for being so verbose. Your question brings out a lot of thought for me.
K
3 when you include us.They just beat two high school teams at home
Actually I said this several times since they brought Harbaugh on. The Giants will be a much tougher team for the years to come. I didn't say they would be in first but I def said they wouldn't finish last and would be a tough out.Cant get to understand this ? Can this continue ?
Remember when passing was prolific? When less than 300 yards was a mediocre performance? Now it's all dink and dunk and completion percentage.NFCE is just not good. Jalen Hurts had 93 yards passing today 93!!!!Dude is just not an NFL caliber passer of the football. He really should be playing RB. Dak has never throw for under 100 yards in a game he played the whole game in 11 years. There is no team in our division better than us. Certainly not the sorry Eagles. That doesn't mean we are good, just that they are all as bad as us...or worse...
You left one out, Cowboys.3 homes games beaten Titans and Cardinal s ! Yes hard to figure! Lol
Shut up!Its a very shaky division. If I had to bet on which team can get it together at some point I would bet on philthy.
How badly hurt is Barkley?Man, IDK, Hurts hasn't been good going on 2 years now. I think you're thinking Philly is the Philly of 2024. They are not. Not even close.
