Give Henson a break

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Does not look like Bledsoe is looking for excuses he appears to be out there trying to prove his critics and the Buffalo Bills wrong, as for a free pass he is getting the same treatment many vet QB's get who are signed by teams in need at QB. We certainly did not bring him in to warm the bench.
I wasn't referring to Bledsoe looking for excuses, but to the myriad of excuses others have always made for him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I wasn't referring to Bledsoe looking for excuses, but to the myriad of excuses others have always made for him.

Hey LT. What's shaken?

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Sometimes I wonder if people have voodoo or lucky troll dolls with cutout pictures of Drew Bledsoe, Drew Henson or Tony Romo on the dolls faces.

:laugh2:
My voodoo doll has "Brainpaint" on it.

He 'owes' me a "Pegasus". ;)

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
I have been a big backer of Henson and most in here know that. I was p*ssed that Bledsoe was brought in at first cuz I thought it would hold back Henson.

Good thing we got Bledsoe.

Henson has shown no improvement at all. Actually he looks worse then last year. I was hoping for more but now I just do not see the guy ever making it in the NFL.

Dallas really should consider making moving up in one of the the future drafts to take the top QB in the draft instead of going with these projects. Get a guy right out of college let him him learn behind Bledsoe for a year or maybe 2 and then he takes over.

It's good to see you're coming around.

Realism has slapped you in the face. And it takes a lot to admit this.

As the oh so hilarious saying goes .... "props".

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I expected Henson to put up a bigger fight. Hopefully he'll turn it around soon.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nors said:
I expected Henson to put up a bigger fight.

Are you saying he's "'quit"?

Or that Romo has so easily beat him out?

In both cases, you'd be nuts, Nors.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
My voodoo doll has "Brainpaint" on it.

He 'owes' me a "Pegasus". ;)

Arghh...I forgot but still never found a good pic match.

Might have to wait again as I have been a little busy.

Sorry. :(

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Are you saying he's "'quit"?

Or that Romo has so easily beat him out?

In both cases, you'd be nuts, Nors.

Never said he quit.
Never said that on Romo either.

I expected Henson to play better and the body of camp so far says he hasn't. Time will tell.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
This is a good post IMO. The Yankees did make a mistake with Henson but it wasn't paying him. It was rushing him. The Yankees organization themselves admit they made a mistake with Henson. I think it's interesting that people view Henson as a failure in Baseball when in fact, the Yankees actually wanted him to stay with it. He decided to make the move to football. It was not the Yankees who forced him out. One thing is sure, he will get tested by fire. He'll be tested by the coaching staff, he'll be tested by the league, he'll be tested by the media and probably most harsly by the fan base. It's fine. He will either make it or he won't. I'm good with all the BS because if he overcomes, it will only make him stronger. Eventually, I think he will be a good player but time will tell.

I don't agree with the last sentence of your post. But I do agree that IF - and it's a BIG IF in my mind - he does step up the plate that all the "harshness" will only make him stronger.

I readily admit that my assesment of Henson could be wrong. I just have reservations about his experience and mental readiness for the NFL level.

It's not my intention to get under people's skin, but to shine some realism on this situation. The odds have been against him since he got here, but homerism took its course.

I have faith in Parcells to make the right decisions with this team. It is my hope that he does bring in a 4th QB to add another option.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Oh. It's the guy who wants to run Terry out of the slot. ;)

You been reading those camp reports? :)

LOL!!!!!!

To be honest, I haven't had as much time as I would like lately so I've been kinda hit and miss on the camp reports.

I just was skimming and I notice that you were busy trying to fight the good fight here. I thought I would lend a little moral support.

Tell me about your boy TG.

Incidentally, ran across this the other day. Thought you might find it mildly amusing.

2006 NFL Mock Draft - Round 1 (pg. 2)
From James Alder,
Your Guide to Football.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!

Jun 22 2005

2006 NFL Mock Draft
11. Denver Broncos – Derrick Hagan, WR Arizona State
Ashley Lelie had a nice 2004 season and Darius Watts should develop into an outstanding No. 3 receiver, but Rod Smith is on the downside of his career.

12. Oakland Raiders – A.J. Hawk, OLB Ohio State
The Raiders need playmakers on defense, and their linebacking corps has some serious durability concerns. Hawk is the best defender left on the board and fills a big need.

13. Buffalo Bills – Antonio Cromartie*, CB Florida State
Terrence McGee is a better fit at nickel, so the Bills might look for a young guy to plug in opposite Nate Clements.

14. Dallas Cowboys – Santonio Holmes, WR Ohio State
Keyshawn Johnson will be 33 this year and Terry Glenn will be 31, so the Cowboys need to infuse a little youth at the position.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I don't agree with the last sentence of your post. But I do agree that IF - and it's a BIG IF in my mind - he does step up the plate that all the "harshness" will only make him stronger.

I readily admit that my assesment of Henson could be wrong. I just have reservations about his experience and mental readiness for the NFL level.

It's not my intention to get under people's skin, but to shine some realism on this situation. The odds have been against him since he got here, but homerism took its course.

I have faith in Parcells to make the right decisions with this team. It is my hope that he does bring in a 4th QB to add another option.

Well, this is what it comes down to. All the ankle bitting and the rest means not in the big picture. Parcells will do what he believe to be the right thing. If this kid can overcome, he will be a good QB. If not, he will be gone.

Fernando Fernandez

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I am not running on Henson at all by saying that the rework of his mechanics is going to slow him down some. He will have to get used to throwing that way in pads and trying to concentrate on his receivers all with a rush coming at him. I doubt that it is second nature with him to throw with the new motion yet and he will struggle a bit with that added to everything else that he has to deal with. I have the patience to wait on him since Bledsoe is here and I have confidence in Bledsoe....But don't be surprised if next year or the year after when Henson finally 'gets it' that he looks up to find himself backing up Tony Romo who I think may also be a hell of a good QB.

Well thought out post!
props!

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Well, this is what it comes down to. All the ankle bitting and the rest means not in the big picture. Parcells will do what he believe to be the right thing. If this kid can overcome, he will be a good QB. If not, he will be gone.

I know this. I really would feel more comfortable though if someone else was brought in for insurance. If Bledsoe goes down, we're screwed IMO.

P.S. - thank you for having the capacity to discuss this like an adult ...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I know this. I really would feel more comfortable though if someone else was brought in for insurance. If Bledsoe goes down, we're screwed IMO.

P.S. - thank you for having the capacity to discuss this like an adult ...

Well, honestly, I just think that unless both guys really make some strides, one will be kept, one will be cut and Vinnie will be telling Bill, "Yeah, but it's gonna cost ya."

:)

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Well, honestly, I just think that unless both guys really make some strides, one will be kept, one will be cut and Vinnie will be telling Bill, "Yeah, but it's gonna cost ya."

I agree. Romo or Henson will be cut this year ... Of course this is just my opinion, but I think that would be the right move. And I really don't care who it is as long as we have a guy with experience to step in if Bledsoe goes down. Neither Henson or Romo float my boat at this point ...

Afterall, I am an equal opportunity QB malcontent ...

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

That's a plausable prediction if you ask me.

The one thing going against Romo is that Henson got guaranteed money and we traded away a 3rd for him. I have yet to see anything out of either guy to make me believe one or both are the real deal. Insufficient data.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Nors said:
Never said he quit.
Never said that on Romo either.

I expected Henson to play better and the body of camp so far says he hasn't. Time will tell.

I agree with Nors here. I was expecting alot more and to see him do alot better. Instead Henson has gotten worse. We need to draft a QB of the future for this team even if it costs us alot by moving up. We clearly don't have a QB of the future on this team. It would be nice to draft one so he can learn behind Bledsoe for a year or maybe 2.