Give Me 3 but Substantiate Your Claim

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Haven't heard much about how his rehab is going/went...do you know if he has put weight on? He was listed around 270lbs close to the draft 2014...that won't cut it at the 3tech.

agree, only way the 3 tech could survive at that weight is if he had 4.5 speed, and he doesnt, so he needs to be around 287-90 IMO and have some damn good swim moves to survive there.

slick325

Reaction score
agree, only way the 3 tech could survive at that weight is if he had 4.5 speed, and he doesnt, so he needs to be around 287-90 IMO and have some damn good swim moves to survive there.

Agreed Typhus...just curious if he was able to add weight since he pretty much had a redshirt year last season. Read that he carried 295lbs one season at Texas but felt slower and sluggish. Hopefully XWalker or someone with knowledge about Whaley can update us.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
All Day staying in Minn
All Day coming to Dallas
Daydreaming about AD coming to Dallas....

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haven't heard much about how his rehab is going/went...do you know if he has put weight on? He was listed around 270lbs close to the draft 2014...that won't cut it at the 3tech.

Before the injury he was reported to have been as high as 295.

Crawford was only 273 (he said it in an interview) when they first moved him to the 3tech DT spot in 2014. He had lost weight to play DE.

You would think that with all of the people that the Cowboys pay to work in their media dept. that they could check in on the progress of guys like Whaley.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Give Me 3 Positions
That Put Us Over The Top

1)

2)

3)

We are competitive right now but if you looked at our roster including potential sleepers like Gardner ala Crawford circa 2014, what positions make an impact or have that hidden ability to surprise?

We saw O-Line continue to be the reason we kept elevating, something many have wanted since 2009..

We saw a rushing attack being forged not just behind this wall but when there was nothing and things got dirty..

We saw WR's come up big, time after time, and Witten with a sprinkle of the Gavster..

We've seen Romo make plays..

LB's for days...

Still missing that DT and secondary play but have somewhat good enough if all the other pieces come up big or just as good.

Truth is it appears one way but might just unfold another..

Not many expected 13-5, Boys it looks like we "sitting" in High Cotton...
BPA

HC:

I'm not sure what JG is mixing in that Gatorade at Valley Ranch but I'm now buying it. His mild mannered stern low key approach has provided a foundation that our coaches and players have used as fuel to bolster their efforts. where I once created a clown graphic that included him and Wade years ago, I now subscribe to what the test of time has shown. He is a rock that the team absolutely rallies around.

RB:

This position is key to keeping our offensive strategy well balanced. The days of Demarco have now passed. Where we had that one back that did it all last year, we now have an assortment of backs that do single things well but not everything we need to maintain that balanced approach. I still believe we will bring in a potential three down back be it in the draft or FA. The Jones family has felt the level of calm a balanced diet brings on offense and, thanks to to last year's success, will not compromise that possibility going forward.

Safety:

I'm not sold on our current stable of safeties. Don't be surprised to see a safety come off of the board in the middle rounds. Marinelli needs a true center fielder. A quality center fielder makes the corners so much better. Don't be shocked when it happens. While Dline is the obvious.. we need safety help as well.

dallasdave

Reaction score

Hey ,love that picture of the four horseman.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Bob, if Cheerleaders were draftable, than by all means I would be using my top picks every year on one. Sure the talent on the team might suffer, but thats just me. Every man has their weaknesses.

Bring me in as a consultant.

slick325

Reaction score
Before the injury he was reported to have been as high as 295.

Crawford was only 273 (he said it in an interview) when they first moved him to the 3tech DT spot in 2014. He had lost weight to play DE.

You would think that with all of the people that the Cowboys pay to work in their media dept. that they could check in on the progress of guys like Whaley.

Thanks for the info. You're right, I'm surprised more info hasn't been given regarding his progress.