Give me SF as the 1 seed

Mannix

Reaction score
If we can’t win the division…which we won’t…give me SF as the #1 seed. And here is why. #1. I think it may be good for us to get SF early after they’ve sat for a week…maybe we can get lucky and their offense will take a quarter or so to get going. #2. We would end up playing them anyway, so if we are going to get embarrassed and drilled by them again, have it happen before the NFCCG…more reason to jettison MM. #3. Please God, I can’t take another Lombardi going to Philly…so if we can’t win, please send Philly to SF for the NFCCG.

pitt33

Reaction score
If Dallas doesn’t play at home for the playoffs this season will end like all the others.

Right now Dallas is the 3rd best team in the NFC.

One of these years they’ll be the top team in the NFC.

Hope I live to see it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If we can’t win the division…which we won’t…give me SF as the #1 seed. And here is why. #1. I think it may be good for us to get SF early after they’ve sat for a week…maybe we can get lucky and their offense will take a quarter or so to get going. #2. We would end up playing them anyway, so if we are going to get embarrassed and drilled by them again, have it happen before the NFCCG…more reason to jettison MM. #3. Please God, I can’t take another Lombardi going to Philly…so if we can’t win, please send Philly to SF for the NFCCG.
If Dallas ends up 5th seed it gets the weakest team to start the playoffs with.

lwehlers

Reaction score
If Dallas ends up 5th seed it gets the weakest team to start the playoffs with.
that is what happened last year. it will be the same this year. the cowboys might win the first one and then end up like last year and getting beat against the niners again in the second round.

75boyz

Reaction score
Fully healthy, SF is a truly physical team on both sides of the ball combined with good coaching.

They should be the SB favorite imo.

As for Philly...
Whether it's familiarity as a division rival or something else, I just like our matchup with them way better than SF.

SF seems to be our kryptonite imo.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Philly has to lose eventually in my eyes, so why not this week? Then we beat them next week... I realistically see them crashing, and can open up #1 seed to us or the Niners.
I think due to tie-breakers, they would have to lose 3 games and we would have to run the table.
Nope

Mannix

Reaction score
No. Absolutely not. The logic behind this is beyond stupid. Get me to the nfc champ game
Please explain your work. I am Super Bowl or bust at this point....a 45-10 loss at SF in the NFCCG allows MM to keep his job....it may be a different story if it happens earlier. If we aren't going to the Super Bowl, I need some silver lining....and a new HC would give me a warm fuzzy.

Last edited:

gtb1943

Reaction score
All this fantasy crap does not hide reality
The birds would all but have to collapse for them to not be the # 1 seed, and as regards the division ditto

CCBoy

Reaction score
that is what happened last year. it will be the same this year. the cowboys might win the first one and then end up like last year and getting beat against the niners again in the second round.
Naw, each season stands on it's own merit. So do the Cowboys stand on the merit they earn that season.

This team has a lot of good going for itself.

Not dependent upon a fans faith or not.

Me, I'll just follow them for this season and not waste my time just lying to another fan on this site about outcome.

YOU don't know and quit acting like you do. That is an opinion.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chances are we will still need to face Philly or SF, or both on their turf.

I would prefer SF to have it over Philly.

This is also why I been pulling for Detroit, so they could possibly get it over those 2, if by some miracle Dallas does not.
I am not giving up on that possibility, though I know the chances are dim right now. Let's see what happens over the next few weeks.

Even if we pull even with Philly, they still need to drop another NFCE game and we must beat Washington again, for the tie breakers.
Or they just lose to Seattle as well, and we need to win out.
Odds are against us.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
It seems unlikely but anything is possible in this league. Eagles can lose next two and still be in first for division. Doesn’t seem likely they lose anymore after possible losing next two. Cupcake schedule after us.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
We match up better with Philly than we do SF. But in the end it comes down to the Cowboys playing their best football. I feel like when we’re on our game we can beat anybody. It’s the self inflicted wounds that cost us games.

JBS

Reaction score
Please explain your work. I am Super Bowl or bust at this point....a 45-10 loss at SF in the NFCCG allows MM to keep his job....it may be a different story if it happens earlier. If we aren't going to the Super Bowl, I need some silver lining....and a new HC would give me a warm fuzzy.
I’m Super Bowl or bust as well. Give me the easiest path possible to get there. Give me Philly over sf all day every day. Hope somebody knocks off sf, very unlikely but better than us facing them. Then worst case scenario we have to go to sf and beat them Nfccg. But at least open a path where we don’t play them

32BellyOption

Reaction score
It seems unlikely but anything is possible in this league. Eagles can lose next two and still be in first for division. Doesn’t seem likely they lose anymore after possible losing next two. Cupcake schedule after us.
True but who would have thought they’d lose to the Jets.