Give me SF as the 1 seed

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
"Let's make it hard for the Cowboys to win because I want them to lose!"

- A Cowboys Fan

75boyz

Reaction score
If we can’t win the division…which we won’t…give me SF as the #1 seed. And here is why. #1. I think it may be good for us to get SF early after they’ve sat for a week…maybe we can get lucky and their offense will take a quarter or so to get going. #2. We would end up playing them anyway, so if we are going to get embarrassed and drilled by them again, have it happen before the NFCCG…more reason to jettison MM. #3. Please God, I can’t take another Lombardi going to Philly…so if we can’t win, please send Philly to SF for the NFCCG.
I'll chime in as the minority with you. I follow your logic here and am not the biggest MM fan either.

This 5 game stretch of opponents will show us a little more of what we need to see of him against quality competition.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If we can’t beat SF or Philly on their field, I doubt we’d beat them on ours.
I don’t care if we are the #1, #2, or #5 seed. It is what it is. Go into the playoffs with confidence, healthy, and on a roll. I’m glad the players don’t assume they can’t win away from AT&T.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Im torn on this. Lets say its

1- Philly
2- SF
3- Det
4- Atl
5- Dal
6- Sea
7- Min

Wc weekend would be

Min @ SF
Sea @ Det
Dal @ Atl

If all the teams that are favored win, the divisional would be

Dal @ Phi
Det @ SF

We match up better with Philly than San Fran. Plus if they beat us next week, they will be attempting to do whats very difficult and thats beat the same team 3x in the same season

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Fully healthy, SF is a truly physical team on both sides of the ball combined with good coaching.

They should be the SB favorite imo.

As for Philly...
Whether it's familiarity as a division rival or something else, I just like our matchup with them way better than SF.

SF seems to be our kryptonite imo.
Agree with this! Philly just seems like a paper tiger at times where eventually their flaws will catch up. SF seems like a team that can literally destroy any game plan when they are on.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Screw that. Give me us as the #1 seed. Lots of football left
Yep.

SF looked unstoppable playing Dallas, then went 0-3. No reason to believe that SF or Philly doesn't have a surprise loss or two in their schedules still.

In any case, Dallas just needs to worry about Dallas and go 6-0 to end the season.

If that isn't good enough for the #1 Seed, so be it. But take care of your own business first.
:thumbup:

75boyz

Reaction score
Agree with this! Philly just seems like a paper tiger at times where eventually their flaws will catch up. SF seems like a team that can literally destroy any game plan when they are on.
Spot on bro. Couldn't have said it better.

75boyz

Reaction score
I’m Super Bowl or bust as well. Give me the easiest path possible to get there. Give me Philly over sf all day every day. Hope somebody knocks off sf, very unlikely but better than us facing them. Then worst case scenario we have to go to sf and beat them Nfccg. But at least open a path where we don’t play them
Yep, this is my line of thinking as well.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
SF is the last team I want Dallas to face, not worried about any other team whether it’s at home or on the road.

Mannix

Reaction score
I hear Frank Reich is available.

It continues to surprise me that fans, who typically know next to nothing about coaching, continue to want a change for no other reason than change.

Careful what you wish for.

Oh, and hoping the Cowboys lose so they don’t get to the NFCCG is so weak.
Please read and try and comprehend more closely....I NEVER said that.

Mannix

Reaction score

1- Philly
2- SF
3- Det
4- Atl
5- Dal
6- Sea
7- Min

Wc weekend would be

Min @ SF
Sea @ Det
Dal @ Atl

Dal @ Phi
Det @ SF

We match up better with Philly than San Fran. Plus if they beat us next week, they will be attempting to do whats very difficult and thats beat the same team 3x in the same season
I totally agree with bold above, and I would not be shocked if we dismantle them next week by 20+ points....which could work against us come playoff time if its embarrassing enough.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Please explain your work. I am Super Bowl or bust at this point....a 45-10 loss at SF in the NFCCG allows MM to keep his job....it may be a different story if it happens earlier. If we aren't going to the Super Bowl, I need some silver lining....and a new HC would give me a warm fuzzy.
i'm with you on this. Some folks want to avoid SF until the NFCCG just to say "at least we made it to the NFCCG". Nope. Bring SF on early. If we get embarrassed in the divisional again, then we know some changes are needed.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Philly has to lose eventually in my eyes, so why not this week? Then we beat them next week... I realistically see them crashing, and can open up #1 seed to us or the Niners.
even losses to to sf and dallas, we still aren't leading the division.

plus. we have road games at buff and Miami plus Detroit.

look at Philly schedule

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
If Dallas doesn’t play at home for the playoffs this season will end like all the others.

Right now Dallas is the 3rd best team in the NFC.

One of these years they’ll be the top team in the NFC.

Hope I live to see it.
How old are you?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

1- Philly
2- SF
3- Det
4- Atl
5- Dal
6- Sea
7- Min

Wc weekend would be

Min @ SF
Sea @ Det
Dal @ Atl

Dal @ Phi
Det @ SF

But if Sea beat Detroit then we would go to SF?

Mannix

Reaction score
i'm with you on this. Some folks want to avoid SF until the NFCCG just to say "at least we made it to the NFCCG". Nope. Bring SF on early. If we get embarrassed in the divisional again, then we know some changes are needed.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thank you...x100000!!!!