Give me SF as the 1 seed

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems unlikely but anything is possible in this league. Eagles can lose next two and still be in first for division. Doesn’t seem likely they lose anymore after possible losing next two. Cupcake schedule after us.
Philly has SF at home, which could be a loss, then to Dallas. We must win that game.

Then Philly travels to Seattle, which Philly is the better team, however, that is no give me game either to play there. They Tavel to Dallas, the home, then all the way to Seattle. Which may. or may not have an effect on them.

But that is our only hope they lose these next 3 games. As the finish with NYG twice, and Arizona at home I believe.

Mannix

Reaction score
I’m Super Bowl or bust as well. Give me the easiest path possible to get there. Give me Philly over sf all day every day. Hope somebody knocks off sf, very unlikely but better than us facing them. Then worst case scenario we have to go to sf and beat them Nfccg. But at least open a path where we don’t play them
I can see this logic too...may not appear so, but I have given it much thought.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
If we aren’t winning the division or the 1 seed (both seem unlikely) I’ll stay at 5….we would play nfc south winner in the wild card and then likely Philly again. Wouldn’t play the 49ers in the likely scenario until a championship game. That’s the path I prefer if a bye or home game aren’t in the cards

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
that is what happened last year. it will be the same this year. the cowboys might win the first one and then end up like last year and getting beat against the niners again in the second round.
If you’re the 5 seed you have a much higher chance of getting Philly in the division round if they are the 1 seed. 1 seed plays the lowest winning seed, which the cowboys would have the highest chance of advancing on paper.

Obviously any given Sunday but

2 San Fran vs 7 seattle
3 Detroit vs 6 Minnesota
4 Atlanta or New Orleans vs Dallas

Mannix

Reaction score
If we aren’t winning the division or the 1 seed (both seem unlikely) I’ll stay at 5….we would play nfc south winner in the wild card and then likely Philly again. Wouldn’t play the 49ers in the likely scenario until a championship game. That’s the path I prefer if a bye or home game aren’t in the cards
If I thought MM was the man for the job, I would 100% agree with above....but I still believe him to be a lazy conman who is over matched when the spotlight is on. That being said, you are correct in stating that we would have to play both Philly and SF anyway....sooooo, give me losing to SF in the divisional round versus the NFCCG....if we get blown out and embarrassed AGAIN, I don't wan't the fact that we reached the NFCCG saving his job.

clmont

Reaction score
Guys, I follow HS ball as well. I've have seen underdogs surprise those top dogs before. Let's believe in our team! I'm sure some of those guys come on here pretty regularly just to read what their fans are thinking. Once the playoffs start, every body is 0-0 again!!! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COWBOYS!!!!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
If I thought MM was the man for the job, I would 100% agree with above....but I still believe him to be a lazy conman who is over matched when the spotlight is on. That being said, you are correct in stating that we would have to play both Philly and SF anyway....sooooo, give me losing to SF in the divisional round versus the NFCCG....if we get blown out and embarrassed AGAIN, I don't wan't the fact that we reached the NFCCG saving his job.
There’s no way you can look at how we matchup with the teams and prefer San Fran over Philly. Philly we are 4-2 over our last 6 and just lost a squeaker. If your basis is not trusting McCarthy - I trust McCarthy a lot more against sirrianni than I do San Fran and shannahan.

don’t agree with your premise at all….I wanna go as far as we can in the post season. Getting to a championship game would be a huge thing for the franchise and the teams growth. Also don’t agree with your take on MM whose in the process of giving us our third straight double digit winning season and likely 11 wins minimum again…McCarthy is flawed but the teams is in its best run in the last 30 years post the super bowl seasons with him as head coach

JBS

Reaction score
I can see this logic too...may not appear so, but I have given it much thought.
I’m w you man. I’ve known for weeks this was our path..it is what it is..at this point, we need some help somewhere…if we can avoid 1 of sf or Philly to get through the nfc , I will take it all day..beating both is a nightmare..and as I said, give me Philly instead of sf all day

Mannix

Reaction score
There’s no way you can look at how we matchup with the teams and prefer San Fran over Philly. Philly we are 4-2 over our last 6 and just lost a squeaker. If your basis is not trusting McCarthy - I trust McCarthy a lot more against sirrianni than I do San Fran and shannahan.

don’t agree with your premise at all….I wanna go as far as we can in the post season. Getting to a championship game would be a huge thing for the franchise and the teams growth. Also don’t agree with your take on MM whose in the process of giving us our third straight double digit winning season and likely 11 wins minimum again…McCarthy is flawed but the teams is in its best run in the last 30 years post the super bowl seasons with him as head coach
When did I ever say that we match up better with SF than Philly? I'll explain it again for you....since we obviously would have to play both, I'd rather lose to SF early than late if it meant a better chance of a new HC....I don't want another 45-10 like embarrassment to SF saving his job, just because we reached the NFCCG. And BTW, this is year eight (8) for Dak and this team is loaded with veterans....its sad at this point if we really need to be worried about "team growth"....teams like Philly rebuild on the fly now....sometimes bottoming out, and doing it right back over again. So are we on a thirty (30) year rebuilding plan?

lwehlers

Reaction score
Naw, each season stands on it's own merit. So do the Cowboys stand on the merit they earn that season.

This team has a lot of good going for itself.

Not dependent upon a fans faith or not.

Me, I'll just follow them for this season and not waste my time just lying to another fan on this site about outcome.

YOU don't know and quit acting like you do. That is an opinion.
this team feels like the teams of the last two years that won twelve games. they still beat up the losing teams and fall short against the best teams. i am always a fan of this team but they need to prove that they belong with the eagles and niners and so far the last two years and so far this year they have not yet done so. they need to beat the eagles in two weeks then maybe they can be a threat in the nfc and maybe have a chance to get to a super bowl.

Creeper

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the refs officiate the 49ers game against the Eagles. A lot of attention went to the refs after the Eagles beat the Bills and justifiably so. When you see a 10-0 or 11-1 penalty outcome there is something not right. But some of the non-call got a lot of attention too, the same thing happened after the Miami-Eagles game. I said before the game the Eagles at home with the refs are hard to beat. But with all the attention on the calls the Eagles are getting will it continue?

I think the Eagles are going to beat the 49ers easily. I just think they will be up for this game. But I admit, the Eagles could be thinking ahead to the Cowboys game the following week. I doubt it but it is possible.

But we saw some Eagles injured yesterday. Will Lane Johnson play next week? If not the Eagles backup will be facing Bosa.

How about Fletcher Cox? He was injured as well and later in the game Jordan Davis went down and had a little limp as he walked off the field. If Cox and Davis are out, the 49ers will be able to run McCaffery up the middle.

Zack Cunningham apparently also left the game with an injury. The Eagles will be thin in the middle of their defense if he can't play. And their secondary is already struggling.

Even so, I think the key to the Eagles offense is Kelce. He is the leader of that team. As long as he plays, the Eagles will move the football against anyone.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Excuse me, but don't you remember what happened the other times we faced the 49ers in the playoffs on their home turf?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Guys, I follow HS ball as well. I've have seen underdogs surprise those top dogs before. Let's believe in our team! I'm sure some of those guys come on here pretty regularly just to read what their fans are thinking. Once the playoffs start, every body is 0-0 again!!! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COWBOYS!!!!
I'm with you. I don't care who we play or when we play them. Either this team is good enough at that time to make things happen or they aren't. Teams go through phases during the year so you never know. Hoping for easier paths is what fans of non-powerhouse teams have to do. I say you won't know until you get there at that time how your team will perform. But it's anxiety-reducing to do this I guess.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If we can’t win the division…which we won’t…give me SF as the #1 seed. And here is why. #1. I think it may be good for us to get SF early after they’ve sat for a week…maybe we can get lucky and their offense will take a quarter or so to get going. #2. We would end up playing them anyway, so if we are going to get embarrassed and drilled by them again, have it happen before the NFCCG…more reason to jettison MM. #3. Please God, I can’t take another Lombardi going to Philly…so if we can’t win, please send Philly to SF for the NFCCG.
I would say give me philly as #1 seed. looks like we will end up with 5th seed, which subsequently has us playing 4th seed and then #1 seed. Philly is a better match up for us.

beacamdim

Reaction score
If Dallas ends up 5th seed it gets the weakest team to start the playoffs with.
And then the strongest each week thereafter that they survive. Winning the NFCE is huge. Too bad they forgot that in Az.

CCBoy

Reaction score
this team feels like the teams of the last two years that won twelve games. they still beat up the losing teams and fall short against the best teams. i am always a fan of this team but they need to prove that they belong with the eagles and niners and so far the last two years and so far this year they have not yet done so. they need to beat the eagles in two weeks then maybe they can be a threat in the nfc and maybe have a chance to get to a super bowl.
The Cowboys had a 1 to 1 record last season and for the last 2 a better win/loss against Philadelphia.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
When did I ever say that we match up better with SF than Philly? I'll explain it again for you....since we obviously would have to play both, I'd rather lose to SF early than late if it meant a better chance of a new HC....I don't want another 45-10 like embarrassment to SF saving his job, just because we reached the NFCCG. And BTW, this is year eight (8) for Dak and this team is loaded with veterans....its sad at this point if we really need to be worried about "team growth"....teams like Philly rebuild on the fly now....sometimes bottoming out, and doing it right back over again. So are we on a thirty (30) year rebuilding plan?
Parsons, bell, bland, lamb, pollard, Ferguson and countless others of our core are all younger players / vets who have never gone on a deep run in the post season. championship teams for the most part aren’t made overnight- typically, with some exceptions they are teams who get in the post season consistently year in year out and get enough bites at the apple to finally bust through and win it all- McCarthy is building that type of team here.

Look at Baltimore, Philly, packers w rodgers, drew Brees saints, etc. so yes team’s learning how to win and growing together to become champions is a real thing. You can ***** and moan ab him all you want but getting to a championship game would be a huge milestone for this group even while we strive for and want more.

And we don’t “obviously” have to play both…there’s a good chance we would but not playing San Fran until the championship game means a team like Detroit has a crack to eliminate them before we play them on a game. McCarthy isn’t going anywhere most likely and baring a gigantic collapse or wild card disaster he shouldn’t

Kwyn

Reaction score
Please explain your work. I am Super Bowl or bust at this point....a 45-10 loss at SF in the NFCCG allows MM to keep his job....it may be a different story if it happens earlier. If we aren't going to the Super Bowl, I need some silver lining....and a new HC would give me a warm fuzzy.
I hear Frank Reich is available.

It continues to surprise me that fans, who typically know next to nothing about coaching, continue to want a change for no other reason than change.

Careful what you wish for.

Oh, and hoping the Cowboys lose so they don’t get to the NFCCG is so weak.