Give me SF as the 1 seed

hitachi14

Reaction score
SF could absolutely lose to Detroit in the 2nd round. For whatever reason the niners defense has been very vulnerable at times, despite all that talent.

Looking at things statistically takes some fun out of it, but the reality is there’s a lot of variance in single elimination. That’s why the team with the best odds to win the SB is only +450.

Point being, no one remembers the path, only the SB winner. Easiest path is best. Look at the eagles path to the SB last year. Giants then niners without Purdy for most of the game. Maybe the easiest path in history but no one talks about that, only how great the eagles are.

Blitzen

Reaction score
If we aren’t winning the division or the 1 seed (both seem unlikely) I’ll stay at 5….we would play nfc south winner in the wild card and then likely Philly again. Wouldn’t play the 49ers in the likely scenario until a championship game. That’s the path I prefer if a bye or home game aren’t in the cards
I wish for the most difficult and satisfying path possible. It would be great to beat SF in SF in the divisional round to advance to the first NFCCG since 1996 (especially because of the past 3 meetings). Then beat PHI in PHI to go to the SB and beat KC or BALT.

Any fan wanting an easier path to victory does not have the stomach of a champion. Give me the best playing their best and still triumphing. Also, there is zero guarantee that the team will repeat any given season or postseason. Aikman, Brady, and many other greats have said the same thing. Greatness is fleeting and not guaranteed-never think you will ever be in the same place again (because that mindset is made up of losers and also rans).

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
If we can’t win the division…which we won’t…give me SF as the #1 seed. And here is why. #1. I think it may be good for us to get SF early after they’ve sat for a week…maybe we can get lucky and their offense will take a quarter or so to get going. #2. We would end up playing them anyway, so if we are going to get embarrassed and drilled by them again, have it happen before the NFCCG…more reason to jettison MM. #3. Please God, I can’t take another Lombardi going to Philly…so if we can’t win, please send Philly to SF for the NFCCG.
I can’t understand how anyone can root for the Whiners to win another Super Bowl.

If the Whiners win it they have 6.
If the Ugles win it they will only have 3.

I can’t stand either team, but the Whiners legacy will surpass ours if they win the Superbowl.

Mannix

Reaction score
I can’t understand how anyone can root for the Whiners to win another Super Bowl.

I can’t stand either team, but the Whiners legacy will surpass ours if they win the Superbowl.
One of the absolute DARKEST days of my sports being, was the day the Eagles won their first Super Bowl…it literally killed me!!!

cowboys1732

Reaction score

Philly has only one 1 Superbowl at this point. They are 1-3 . Sorry I normally wouldn’t correct but I can’t stand to give those losers any extras. The Philly adoration on this forum is driving me crazy. Respect for a decent team…ok i get it. But it’s beyond that with some.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I wish for the most difficult and satisfying path possible. It would be great to beat SF in SF in the divisional round to advance to the first NFCCG since 1996 (especially because of the past 3 meetings). Then beat PHI in PHI to go to the SB and beat KC or BALT.

Any fan wanting an easier path to victory does not have the stomach of a champion. Give me the best playing their best and still triumphing. Also, there is zero guarantee that the team will repeat any given season or postseason. Aikman, Brady, and many other greats have said the same thing. Greatness is fleeting and not guaranteed-never think you will ever be in the same place again (because that mindset is made up of losers and also rans).
Stomach of a champion and an avatar of a fictional movie character who got his *** kicked….lol. Ok “champ”. What’s funny is many could say the eagles aren’t the easier path considering they have the best record in the league, will have a bye and made the super bowl last year beating the niners.

That said playing the niners in a championship game and beating them while advancing to the Super Bowl would be a great way to exercise our demons- now please go back to watching Hoosiers champ

starfan1

Reaction score
All these SB or bust fans approach is surprising to me. I dont care who we play in the post season and if we dont win we werent deserving or good enough. The only possible rationale I can think of for not playing Philly early would be because they seem to get some very favorable zebra attention.

Otherwise you battle whose in front of you. This isnt the same team that got smacked around by the niners but I openly admit they are built better.While I admit they are more physical they are better on both lines and have better weapons on offense.That said they lost 3 in a row. They could be an injury away from things looking different in january. Something happens to Trent williams and Deebo or Mccaffery they are a different team

even if these cowboys go 1 and done which i doubt will happen there isnt going to be any changes. The much mailgned QB is playing MVP level and his coach is part of why its happening. They are very likely going to win 11 or 12 games.Neither is going anywhere despite the wishes of SB or bust fans.

Enjoy the ride

HungryLion

Reaction score
The cowboys matchup better against the eagles IMO. Cowboys can beat them in Philly.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
SF is the last team I want Dallas to face, not worried about any other team whether it’s at home or on the road.
I agree about San Francisco, but Philly is a huge concern on the road as well. Not sure why you feel so confident against them. I have little confidence we can beat them in Philly. It’s like heading into a hornets nest up there, especially during the postseason. We couldn’t have gotten better play at QB against them and we still lost. I just don’t see anyone going to Philly and beating them in the playoffs unless they lose Hurts.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If we can’t win the division…which we won’t…give me SF as the #1 seed. And here is why. #1. I think it may be good for us to get SF early after they’ve sat for a week…maybe we can get lucky and their offense will take a quarter or so to get going. #2. We would end up playing them anyway, so if we are going to get embarrassed and drilled by them again, have it happen before the NFCCG…more reason to jettison MM. #3. Please God, I can’t take another Lombardi going to Philly…so if we can’t win, please send Philly to SF for the NFCCG.
But here's the thing...

1. We can still win the division.
2. We will dominate in the playoffs with home-field advantage.
3. Your faith in the Cowboys to get it done is weak.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I could live with SF as 1 seed as long as Cowboys get 2 Seed. The Cowboys could handle 2 home games before a NFCCG road game. anything less is impossible IMO.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Stomach of a champion and an avatar of a fictional movie character who got his *** kicked….lol. Ok “champ”. What’s funny is many could say the eagles aren’t the easier path considering they have the best record in the league, will have a bye and made the super bowl last year beating the niners.

That said playing the niners in a championship game and beating them while advancing to the Super Bowl would be a great way to exercise our demons- now please go back to watching Hoosiers champ
I’m glad you responded. I like the best games (beat the best competition while they are playing their best football).

Since SF eliminated the Cowboys in the past two divisional rounds, and the Cowboys not making it past that round for almost 3 decades it feels like they need to beat SF in the playoffs no matter which round (NFCCG or divisional round). If the Cowboys make it to the NFCCG and get blown out by SF then I would call that a very negative result despite making the conference championship.

The squad will eventually need to beat a team like that in the playoffs to become a championship team (at least hopefully they would meet a great team like that playing fantastic football). It adds to the fun and makes the win more satisfying to the players and the fans.

Teams do not build for decades-failing and then finally succeeding. A team with the same QB failing to make the conference final game during their first 7 seasons (healthy or injured) has never begun winning conference championships and SB’s. Fans that want to continue building on a failed foundations are basically cheering for marketing and promotion. They don’t need actual playoff results-they just need playoff appearances. Like a fan that’s turned into a shill. Don’t know what else to say-the ultimate goal as a fan is for the team too obviously push for a championship (if they are trying to run it back with the same results versus the same teams then they are basically just lying to the fans).