Give me your Grade A first 4 rounds

Beaker42

Reaction score
If a good one is there, why not?
I guess but we need D our 1st 4 picks IMO ...... however, BPA would say to do it if he’s the highest rated on your board at that pick. I hope try to get Duke Johnson, though.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RB at 128? Wow.

The 4th round is a great place to consider drafting a RB. Talented RBs that are a bit too small to be projected as starters are often available in that area of the draft.

A backup RB with slot WR skills would be a good option. Some of those types could play some snaps a slot WR without taking Zeke off the field. It's also a way to have slot WR depth without dedicating too many spots to smallish WRs.

timb2

Reaction score
I don’t get you guys wanting a RB that high - we need D badly. TC cuts this year or next draft is time to grab Zeke’s back-up.
We need a good pass catching change of pace scatback who can give Ezekiel Elliott a rest. Elliott carried a lot last year,need to keep him fresh. I picked James Williams because he had like 80+ receptions in 2018.

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
Not trying to be offensive, but these late round picks would make me hurl.
Yeah I was thinking of changing them to these 2 guys that I found out recently on their Pro Days

165-Quinton Bell(6'-3",238 lbs) OLB Prairie View Ran a 4.38 forty,23 reps of 225 lbs,and jumped a 41.5 vertical leap at his Pro Day

241-Stephen Denmark(6'-4",216 lbs)CB/S Valdosta State ran a 4.46 forty with a 43 vertical leap

I have their videos under that Draft Sleepers topic that I posted.

timb2

Reaction score
Gustin is a 4th round pick at best to me as a true standup LB. Way too many injuries and would be better around 240 to me. Think he has talent, but afraid he overtrains.
I can understand that,but I'm thinking of him becoming a 3rd down pass rusher.That way limit his reps and hopefully keep him away from injury. Gustin was an All-American being hyped before the season and 2018 injury. How people forget so fast.I think he could become a very solid player and he has good skills to become a good edge rusher.Use him at LB if needed in a pinch,but I see him replacing Taco Charlton on 3rd down and obvious passing plays

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking of changing them to these 2 guys that I found out recently on their Pro Days

165-Quinton Bell(6'-3",238 lbs) OLB Prairie View Ran a 4.38 forty,23 reps of 225 lbs,and jumped a 41.5 vertical leap at his Pro Day

241-Stephen Denmark(6'-4",216 lbs)CB/S Valdosta State ran a 4.46 forty with a 43 vertical leap

Denmark has been getting some traction lately due to some elite traits.

Not sure what exactly you are seeing with Bell other than he is obscure.

All in all, these are guys you take in the seventh only because you don't want to bother with the free agent rat race, not because they are the most polished players.

timb2

Reaction score
Denmark has been getting some traction lately due to some elite traits.

Not sure what exactly you are seeing with Bell other than he is obscure.

All in all, these are guys you take in the seventh only because you don't want to bother with the free agent rat race, not because they are the most polished players.

LBs running 4.38 forty's are rare. He is a good edge rusher and let him play special teams and nickel & dime situations. His stats are low because he played WR in 2017.

Hopefully we could get both..Denmark looks great at corner and his size and speed he could become a very good safety.

Last edited:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Mel and ToddToddToddTodd always do a Grade A mock that should be out soon. The idea is what picks would need to be made to get an A grade from you for that team? Being realistic of course in terms of where players will be selected. They do 3 rounds but since the Cowboys don't have a first round pick this year I thought 4 would be better.

Here are the picks we currently hold. Obviously this is fluid but for this exercise let's assume they make these selections.

2(58)
3(90)
4(128)
4(136)

If you would, kindly fill in the names that would make you believe the Cowboys aced these selections.

Again, please keep it realistic. They aren't getting Simmons at 58.

Trade 58 and 136 to move up

Round2
Zach Allen DT BC
Dallas drafts passrushing 3tech

Round3
isaiah Johnson CB Houston

Round 4
Emanuel Hall WR Missouri

Round 4 comp
Mike Bell S Fresno State

Beaker42

Reaction score

That draft would be sick. Let’s hope the other 31 teams don’t know about these guys LOL.

Plankton

Reaction score
Not in love, per se, but here's one.

2(58) S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - Florida
3(90) DE Joe Jackson - Miami (Fl.)
4(128) OG/C Michael Jordan - Ohio State
4(136) WR Terry McLaurin - Ohio State

Dalmations202

Reaction score
R2 Z Allen DT BC
R3 I Johnson CB Houston
R4 T Williams RB TA&M
R4 D Mack DT TA&M

Already have too many WR and TE on the roster, so unless they are BPA by far, I am not interested.

Really hope somehow they can get Dexter Lawrence, Clemson early in the 2nd as well, but not sure how they would accomplish.

Defensive line of Dexter Lawrence, Collins, Woods and DMack would be stout with Z Allen and TCrawford moving around inside and out.
Quinn, Armstrong, Taco (is he a bust or not) -- maybe Tank........

Johnson a Richard type allowing you to maybe get a 2nd (Dexter Lawrence) for Jourdan Lewis and a 5 and 7 ????

I think Traveyon would be an excellent #3 behind EE.

This would be knocked out of the park for me. I think the 5 would not just make the team, but have an impact as well.