Give up the Pitts dream talk

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's not going to happen.

Yes, Pitts is super talented as a TE. Arguably a generational type of talent at the TE position. Sadly but truthfully, we don't need a TE. Cowboys have other holes to fill, especially on Defense, so let's stop the Pitts dream wish talk already.

Time to move on to positions of need.

That is all. *Peace*

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So are you saying that Pitts won’t make it to 10, or are you saying that if he does make it to 10 that you’re sure Dallas will pass?
If Pitts makes it to #10, Cowboys should definitely entertain a trade down a few spots while securing an extra 2nd round pick...at least...since there will be at least a few teams very interested in someone like Pitts at TE.

Last edited:

reddyuta

Reaction score
If Pitts makes it to #10, Cowboys should definitely entertain a trade down a few spots while securing an extra 2nd round pick...at least...since there will be at least a few teams very interested in someone like Pitts at TE.

heck know,we should hand in our card in 5 seconds.

rags747

Reaction score
Pitts doubtful to make it to 10, but if he does Jerry needs to put that motorboat full speed ahead and hand in the draft card for Pitts.

visionary

Reaction score

Yes, Pitts is super talented as a TE. Arguably a generational type of talent at the TE position. Sadly but truthfully, we don't need a TE. Cowboys have other holes to fill, especially on Defense, so let's stop the Pitts dream wish talk already.

That is all. *Peace*

I’m waking up to the Dak 42 million nightmare so I’m entitled to my Pitts dream

visionary

Reaction score

LOL, if Pitts or Sewell are there we better take them

JBS

Reaction score
Dumb thread

Pitts won't be there anyways. Doesn't matter

J12B

Reaction score

I bet the Chargers would like to move up and get Pitts after letting Henry walk.

If we can get the #13 overall and the #47 overall or #77 overall we'd have to take it. That's if none of our guys we want at 10 are there like Surtain.

Even the Dolphins may want to move up from the 18th pick. We could try to squeeze out the 36th or 50th pick too.

cowboyec

Reaction score
at 10 you take the best player regardless of need.
we have 2 solid players in jarwin and schultz.
neither are at this level.
there is no way this team isnt better...day 1...with a player of that talent.
if pitts is there...you turn in your card and get ready for more team building in rd 2.
never pass over talent to fill needs.
not that high.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

That is all. *Peace*

10th pick overall I'm not limiting myself to "need". If the best talent on the board at 10 is Pitts you take him. You don't reach for defense then watch one of your division rivals (Giants at 11 or Eagles at 12) grab Pitts. If someone blows you away with a trade offer at 10 you listen, especially if it's an AFC team.

Probably moot anyway. I doubt he gets by Miami, if he's still there at #6.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

And if no one offers appropriate value in a trade?

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’ve come around on Pitts. He is too good a talent to pass up. Like a generational talent.

if he is there. Take him.

but I don’t think the cowboys are going to have this choice. I think the Atlanta, the bengals, dolphins, Panthers and Broncos all could take him. I just don’t see how he gets past all those teams without one of them pulling the trigger.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
10th pick overall I'm not limiting myself to "need". If the best talent on the board at 10 is Pitts you take him. You don't reach for defense then watch one of your division rivals (Giants at 11 or Eagles at 12) grab Pitts. If someone blows you away with a trade offer at 10 you listen, especially if it's an AFC team.

Probably moot anyway. I doubt he gets by Miami, if he's still there at #6.
We don't need a TE. What's so hard to understand about that? It's very simple.

The way our Defense is in shambles, you'd best draft for "need", especially with our first several picks. If not, don't be complaining later when opponents keep scoring at will and leading to losses for our Cowboys.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I’ve come around on Pitts. He is too good a talent to pass up. Like a generational talent.

if he is there. Take him.

but I don’t think the cowboys are going to have this choice. I think the Atlanta, the bengals, dolphins, Panthers and Broncos all could take him. I just don’t see how he gets past all those teams without one of them pulling the trigger.

Atlanta could take him but I’m hearing a lot of analysts say that Lance and Fields are perfect fits for Arthur Smith’s new offense he is bringing to town and that if a possible franchise QB is there, they’ll take him. That was Scott Pioli on NFL Network. If San Francisco takes Jones both those guys will be there. If they take one, the other will be there. He also said that how often is a team in a position to even have a chance at a guy like that and he mentioned that next years draft appears to be devoid of that kind of talent.

Daniel Jeremiah said that he’s heard plenty of NFL personnel guys say they will take a B- QB over an A+ at another position because of how valuable that position is.

Atlanta may choose Pitts but they very well could choose a QB instead.

For Cincy, Pitts may be a generational TE but Sewell is a generational OT and they need that in a bad way for Burrow. Plus, OT is more valuable than TE if both guys are generational. That’s why OT is always going top 10.

The dolphins have a much Bigger need at WR, where they are pretty devoid of WR playmaking ability. They have Gesecki at TE, who they love and just spent a high second round pick on two years ago. Plus, once again, while Pitts might be special... there is an equally special WR sitting there in Chase. I can’t see them taking him over Chase.

Detroit just spent a top 10 pick on TE TJ Hockenson in 2019. Add in that they lost two starting WR’s in Marvin Jones and Kenny Golliday, along with the fact that there should be two very good receivers sitting there in Waddle and Smith, and it is easy to see them taking a WR.

On the NFL Network, they’ve been saying that Carolina has decided that they’re filling QB come hell or high water. They tried to trade for one or get one in free agency with no luck. People seem to think they’re going to take whichever QB is left of the big 5. I mean they could go TE... but they feel they need a QB first and foremost and this is a good year to do it.

Denver could as well, but they have two TE’s that they love in Noah Fant and Albert Okwuegbunam. Fant was a first round pick in the 2019 draft and both are 23 and 22 years old. Plus, I’ve been hearing in a number of places that Fangio and their new GM are dead set on improving their defense. They run a 34, need a LB and with Parsons just sitting there, it just makes a ton of sense that he goes at 9. Once they signed Darby and Fuller for CB, I’ve been figuring on Parsons likely going there.

Now, all of that doesn’t mean that none of them will take Pitts. Any of them could. But it means there are very plausible reasons for all of them to go in a different direction. There is clearly a way he could fall despite his obvious talent.

What will likely happen though, if he does start sliding, is a GM will call a team like Detroit at 7 or Denver at 9 and try to move up to get Pitts. Somebody will at least attempt to make that trade for a guy that clearly is going to be a great, great player. This lowers the Cowboys odds of him sliding to 10 by a lot IMO. I just hope it isn’t Philly or NY.

I think a dark horse to move up for him might be New England, despite who they recently signed in free agency. You know Bill wants him there in a bad way. Plus, I read that Kraft said how they’ve been drafting isn’t working and they are going to change up their approach. That could mean a big jump up for Uber talented guys like Pitts.

JM $0.02

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Atlanta could take him but I’m hearing a lot of analysts say that Lance and Fields are perfect fits for Arthur Smith’s new offense he is bringing to town and that if a possible franchise QB is there, they’ll take him. That was Scott Pioli on NFL Network. If San Francisco takes Jones both those guys will be there. If they take one, the other will be there. He also said that how often is a team in a position to even have a chance at a guy like that and he mentioned that next years draft appears to be devoid of that kind of talent.

Daniel Jeremiah said that he’s heard plenty of NFL personnel guys say they will take a B- QB over an A+ at another position because of how valuable that position is.

For Cincy, Pitts may be a generational TE but Sewell is a generational OT and they need that in a bad way for Burrow. Plus, OT is more valuable than TE if both guys are generational. That’s why OT is always going top 10.

The dolphins have a much Bigger need at WR, where they are pretty devoid of playmaking ability. They have Gesecki at TE, who they love and just spent a high second round pick on two years ago. Plus, once again, while Pitts might be special... there is an equally special WR sitting there in Chase. I can’t see them taking him over Chase.

Detroit just spent a top 10 pick on TE TJ Hockenson in 2019. Add in that they lost two starting WR’s in Marvin Jones and Kenny Golliday, along with the fact that there should be two very good receivers sitting there in Waddle and Smith, and it is easy to see them taking a WR.

On the NFL Network, they’ve been saying that Carolina has decided that they’re filling QB come hell or high water. They tried to trade for one or get one in free agency with no luck. People seem to think they’re going to take whichever QB is left of the big 5. I mean they could go TE... but they feel they need a QB first and foremost and this is a good year to do it.

Denver could as well, but they have two TE’s that they love in Noah Fant and Albert Okwuegbunam. Fant was a first round pick in the 2019 draft and both are 22 and 23 years old. Plus, I’ve been hearing in a number of places that Fangio and their new GM are dead set on improving their defense. They run a 34, need a LB and with Parsons just sitting there, it just makes a ton of sense that he goes at 9. Once they signed Darby and Fuller for CB, I’ve been figuring on Parsons likely going there.

Now, all of that doesn’t mean that none of them will take Pitts. Any of them could. But it means there are very plausible reasons for all of them to go in a different direction. There is clearly a way he could fall despite his obvious talent.

What will likely happen though, if he does start sliding, is a team will call a team like Detroit at 7 or Denver at 9 and try to move up to get Pitts. Somebody will at least attempt to make that trade for a guy that clearly is going to be a great, great player. This lowers the Cowboys odds a lot in him sliding to 10. I just hope it isn’t Philly or NY.

I think a dark horse to move up for him might be New England, despite who they recently signed in free agency. You know Bill wants him there in a bad way. Plus, I read that Kraft said how they’ve been drafting isn’t working and they are going to change up they approach. That could mean a big jump up for Uber talented guys like Pitts.

JM $0.02

Hey man. Stranger things have happened in the draft.

I can’t wait man. I love watching the draft.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

The dolphins have a much Bigger need at WR, where they are pretty devoid of playmaking ability. They have Gesecki at TE, who they love and just spent a high second round pick on two years ago. Plus, once again, while Pitts might be special... there is an equally special WR sitting there in Chase. I can’t see them taking him over Chase.

Denver could as well, but they have two TE’s that they love in Noah Fant and Albert Okwuegbunam. Fant was a first round pick in the 2019 draft and both are 22 and 23 years old. Plus, I’ve been hearing in a number of places that Fangio and their new GM are dead set on improving their defense. They run a 34, need a LB and with Parsons just sitting there, it just makes a ton of sense that he goes at 9. Once they signed Darby and Fuller for CB, I’ve been figuring on Parsons likely going there.

What will likely happen though, if he does start sliding, is a team will call a team like Detroit at 7 or Denver at 9 and try to move up to get Pitts. Somebody will at least attempt to make that trade for a guy that clearly is going to be a great, great player. This lowers the Cowboys odds a lot of him sliding to 10. I just hope it isn’t Philly or NY.

I think a dark horse to move up for him might be New England, despite who they recently signed in free agency. You know Bill wants him there in a bad way. Plus, I read that Kraft said how they’ve been drafting isn’t working and they are going to change up their approach. That could mean a big jump up for Uber talented guys like Pitts.

JM $0.02
Lots of good info. Thanks, **.