Give up the Pitts dream talk

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hey man. Stranger things have happened in the draft.

I can’t wait man. I love watching the draft.
For me it is my second favorite day of the year after opening day of the season. I’ve loved it for years and I have been a huge draftnik going back to when I was a kid and Jimmy was drafting Aikman. That was the first draft where I really got into it... and I’ve gone through every draft since then just like I am this one, lol.

I remember watching the 1990 draft with a guy who wasn’t a Dallas fan and when Jimmy traded up to draft Emmitt Smith, the guy said, “Aw man... Terrible pick.” When I asked him why he thought that he said, “he’s too slow for the NFL and in college he broke tackles. He won’t break those tackles in the pro’s.”

lol. Just like he was the biggest pro personnel guy in the league. Said it like he was sure.

He avoided me for the next decade. Good times.

That was my first brush with how badly people over rate 40 times in the draft. In that same draft Jimmy drafted WR Alexander Wright. Fastest guy in the draft. He couldn’t catch a lick. Second example of over rating 40 times.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The Cowboys have Blake Jarwin, Dalton Schultz, Sean McKeon; of course they could use a bluechip TE

Shneek814

Reaction score
I was anti Pitts as well but more I thought about it is how valuable he would be in the red zone and our struggles kicking fgs instead of TDs. Whether its Dak or coaching, Cowboys are not good the closer we get to the endzone

DanA

Reaction score
I just can’t see Miami passing on him.

I know there are some really good WR’s, and in particular I like Chase who I think is the best WR prospect since Julio Jones, but Pitts is better IMO.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
It's not going to happen.

Yes, Pitts is super talented as a TE. Arguably a generational type of talent at the TE position. Sadly but truthfully, we don't need a TE. Cowboys have other holes to fill, especially on Defense, so let's stop the Pitts dream wish talk already.

Time to move on to positions of need.

That is all. *Peace*

5 QBs going in the top ten. Det and Mia already have good young TEs hoping they go WR. Den scares me though......

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
If Pitts is there you 100% draft him. KC like offense makes the defense 10 times better. If Pitts is gone I trade down if possible and take one of Horn, Surtain, Farley, Barmore.

RS12

Reaction score
If he or Sewell is there it is highly likely they will take them. You take elite talent when you can get it.

Hardline

Reaction score
This thread is the equivalent to saying give up the Lawrence talk.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that the Cowboys will take Pitts if he falls to 10. And they would be justified in doing so.

Hardline

Reaction score
Pitts
Sewell
Chase
Are no-brainers.
Those are the only 3 non QB elite players in the draft.
And yes....I would take Chase .

Creeper

Reaction score
You never know. Who thought Lamb would fall to 17 last year? I believe Pitts will be gone by 10, so will Sewell, and maybe Surtain too.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Yes, Pitts is super talented as a TE. Arguably a generational type of talent at the TE position. Sadly but truthfully, we don't need a TE. Cowboys have other holes to fill, especially on Defense, so let's stop the Pitts dream wish talk already.

That is all. *Peace*
What dream? I want defense. What dream?

rambo2

Reaction score

That is all. *Peace*
It would be absolutely nuts not to take Pitts if he is on the board at 10. Not only would be on the Cowboys, but would also not be on the Giants or the Eagles.

rambo2

Reaction score
We don't need a TE. What's so hard to understand about that? It's very simple.

The way our Defense is in shambles, you'd best draft for "need", especially with our first several picks. If not, don't be complaining later when opponents keep scoring at will and leading to losses for our Cowboys.
They have already added 6 defensive players and will add more with the 10 draft picks that they have. They also have several young defensive players on the team that they didn't even use last year.

loblolly7

Reaction score
For me it is my second favorite day of the year after opening day of the season. I’ve loved it for years and I have been a huge draftnik going back to when I was a kid and Jimmy was drafting Aikman. That was the first draft where I really got into it... and I’ve gone through every draft since then just like I am this one, lol.

I remember watching the 1990 draft with a guy who wasn’t a Dallas fan and when Jimmy traded up to draft Emmitt Smith, the guy said, “Aw man... Terrible pick.” When I asked him why he thought that he said, “he’s too slow for the NFL and in college he broke tackles. He won’t break those tackles in the pro’s.”

lol. Just like he was the biggest pro personnel guy in the league. Said it like he was sure.

He avoided me for the next decade. Good times.

That was my first brush with how badly people over rate 40 times in the draft. In that same draft Jimmy drafted WR Alexander Wright. Fastest guy in the draft. He couldn’t catch a lick. Second example of over rating 40 times.
I go way back following the draft. I called to Mel Kiper's guide, and who answered the phone Mel himself.. Remembering asking about a Texas AM linebacker in the day... Mel called him an XXXhole.. Lol... Can't remember the dude's name, but I thought it was interesting...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Even if you grade Pitts as a generational talent and have him as the second or third player in the draft overall?
Yes. The holes we have on Defense are too many and too big. We have to address them first. If not, we're just wasting another draft and season. Perfect opportunity to trade down a few spots while picking up an extra 2nd round pick.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It would be absolutely nuts not to take Pitts if he is on the board at 10. Not only would be on the Cowboys, but would also not be on the Giants or the Eagles.
Pitts is good. Very good. But he's not perfect.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They have already added 6 defensive players and will add more with the 10 draft picks that they have. They also have several young defensive players on the team that they didn't even use last year.
Go after the best DT, CB, FS or LB. THAT is more important than the best TE.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Yes. The holes we have on Defense are too many and too big. We have to address them first. If not, we're just wasting another draft and season. Perfect opportunity to trade down a few spots while picking up an extra 2nd round pick.

Yall do this every year. Throw out all this trade talk like trading back and getting good value is a foregone conclusion. It's not as easy as just saying, "eh let's move back" or teams would do it a lot more. Another team has to be willing to give appropriate value to move into your spot. What if no one is willing to give up a second? What if no one is even willing to give up a third?

If Pitts falls to #10 the Cowboys have to at least consider it. You don't pass up generational talent to force a "need" pick especially if no one fitting that need is graded that high.