Give up the Pitts dream talk

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yall do this every year. Throw out all this trade talk like trading back and getting good value is a foregone conclusion. It's not as easy as just saying, "eh let's move back" or teams would do it a lot more. Another team has to be willing to give appropriate value to move into your spot. What if no one is willing to give up a second? What if no one is even willing to give up a third?

If Pitts falls to #10 the Cowboys have to at least consider it. You don't pass up generational talent to force a "need" pick especially if no one fitting that need is graded that high.
No, WE DON'T NEED A TIGHT END......PERIOD......EXCLAMATION POINT!!!!!

How hard is it to understand that?

Hardline

Reaction score
No, WE DON'T NEED A TIGHT END......PERIOD......EXCLAMATION POINT!!!!!

How hard is it to understand that?
You're not just drafting a TE. You are drafting a WR also and an elite one at that. You just don't understand how the draft works.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's not going to happen.

Yes, Pitts is super talented as a TE. Arguably a generational type of talent at the TE position. Sadly but truthfully, we don't need a TE. Cowboys have other holes to fill, especially on Defense, so let's stop the Pitts dream wish talk already.

Time to move on to positions of need.

That is all. *Peace*
Never had it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Pitts doubtful to make it to 10, but if he does Jerry needs to put that motorboat full speed ahead and hand in the draft card for Pitts.
I agree with AC, if that happens they should trade down and garner some more picks. Our 2 TE’s are more than adequate. They’re better than average both of them. Hell Schultz had 63 catches and 4 TD’s last year. And he’s the backup. Best bang for the buck in improving the Cowboys is DEFENSE, DEFENSE and DEFENSE.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol, some can't see the forest for the trees. Getting the best player in the draft at 10 is worth it. He has the potential of being one of the best players ever.
Nope. We don't need him. Bigger holes to fill elsewhere.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
at 10 you take the best player regardless of need.
we have 2 solid players in jarwin and schultz.
neither are at this level.
there is no way this team isnt better...day 1...with a player of that talent.
if pitts is there...you turn in your card and get ready for more team building in rd 2.
never pass over talent to fill needs.
not that high.

Are you saying surtain, parsons, sewel don’t have great talent? I would say that’s naive. Best part about top 10 is they are all very talented and you can basically pick what you want at any number of positions.

Its about talent, need, positional value.

Pitts checks one of those boxes.

Sewel checks all 3, surtain checks all 3

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I go way back following the draft. I called to Mel Kiper's guide, and who answered the phone Mel himself.. Remembering asking about a Texas AM linebacker in the day... Mel called him an XXXhole.. Lol... Can't remember the dude's name, but I thought it was interesting...
Was that Texas A&M LB Quentin Coryatt? I remember when he was a first round pick prospect. He never did that much in the pro’s but he was a great college player.

Hardline

Reaction score
No, that's your brain quitting on you after realizing who you're talking to.
Believe me. I know who I'm talking to. I'll match my track record to yours anyday. Seems like players I like end up being pro bowlers most of the time.
And they were players on the board when our pick was up.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No one is.

If we look at the offense a year down the road, Pitts starts to make more sense.

Gallup gone, you would almost have to move on from Cooper and gain 20M in cap space. The question is.........can you trade either of those guys? Zeke is gone after 2022.

So then you would have lamb and Pitts as your big weapons. Only weapons.