Twitter: Glazer: Eagles are out on Watson trade talk

Gaede

Reaction score
I kind of hope they do try and trade for him. They're a mess right now, which is great. They've got a QB who's just not a good enough passer to make it in the NFL. And a rookie head coach who seems way out of his depth.

A desperation trade, involving a ton of high picks, for a QB who will likely be suspended and contribute little this year, scuttles that team even more. At least for this year.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Philly needs a total rebuild at this point. Them giving up multiple top picks for a high dollar qb that may be suspended in the near future seems counter productive at this point.
On one hand, Watson will make some people better, and can cover holes on the OL. I think a reason to do it is that he can get the most out of Smith, Reagor and Watkins. Could be a dangerous group with Watson

On the other hand, Watson probably makes them a 9-10 win team. And with the assets they would give up, it wouldnt keep from adding the talent they need to compete with the upper echelon of the NFL for a while. They might have three first round picks this year, but one of them isnt guarenteed or even likely. Colts will sit Wentz at midseason if they arent contenders IMO. They will still have to get up multiple years of 1st's to get the deal done

IMO they should watch Hurts development over the season, and if they dont think he can be a winning QB then draft one high. Hurts is talented and its a deep first round class this year

Carson

Reaction score
Philly needs a total rebuild at this point. Them giving up multiple top picks for a high dollar qb that may be suspended in the near future seems counter productive at this point.
They should have 3 first round picks. If I am them, I’d much rather have the draft capital than spend everything for Watson. They likely have 2 possibly 3 top 10 picks. They can get their franchise QB

John813

Reaction score
I think it's Miami v Washington for Watson.

Miami has more assets in terms of picks. I've seen the rumor of Tua to Washington and then Watson to Miami.

John813

Reaction score
Not sure how they can be out of it when the'yre jogging out a guy like Jalen Hurts

Probably "out" of it at this stage when the Watson case is so undecided on how it'll turn out for the QB legal and NFL punishment wise.

I can't see any team really paying the asking price until some clarity comes out of this or some of the picks become conditional

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Believe it when I see it ...........

Eagles have 3 1st rd picks, plenty ammo if they want to make a trade, but they did just trade Wentz to see if Hurts can be the guy. After 3 games, wouldn't that be a big overraction?

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about the Eagles until they get a new coaching staff, QB, WRs, a run game, 3 or 4 OLinemen, 2 or 3 Dlinemen, a few LBs, and a new backend for their defense

they just might my next year, I think they have like 4 or 5 picks in the first two rounds

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about the Eagles until they get a new coaching staff, QB, WRs, a run game, 3 or 4 OLinemen, 2 or 3 Dlinemen, a few LBs, and a new backend for their defense

They went all in to win SB. Now paying for it in roster.