Twitter: Glazer: Eagles are out on Watson trade talk

Rayman70

Reaction score
What is better. Eagles use one of the three 1st round picks on a future QB, or trade them for Watson.

I do not think Watson is that good of a QB as many make him out to be, and slobber all over him.
I rather they waste those picks on that trade. As they need so much other help, Watson won't be able to carry the team anyway.
They are an aging team as well. If they use those draft picks, it could help them much sooner than what Watson may be able to do.
roseman has proved over the last 3 years he cant do the job. Drafts been terrible.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Watson is a simmering pot capable of boiling over and we haven't heard the last of how this has been investigated and the line of questioning of these women.

Do you think an owner who has already been slapped because of sexual harassment within his offices and team is going to take this on? What's Snyder going to do, offer up his cheerleaders as masseuses for Watson?

And is Lurie the guy to bring Watson is after bringing in that lowlife pos vick?

Watson is a scumbag that I hope never sees a NFL field again. They need to take a stand.
^^this^^. Mic Drop.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy is finished in the NFL. At least rite now. He wont play down in 2021. Its due 2 optics. No team wants their brand attached to this guy.

The announcers said when they were on TNF against Carolina. that the Texans and Watson and his agent already agreed, he would not play for them this season.
And agree, no team wants to have this associated with them right now. not until his civil suits and legal issues are known. I don't think we will get anything from the NFL either, until they know what is going on.

Though that did not keep them from taking a year to railroad Zeke. If for some reason, nothing comes of this over Watson, I doubt he will be suspended. We know the double standards set against us.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Watson is a simmering pot capable of boiling over and we haven't heard the last of how this has been investigated and the line of questioning of these women.

Do you think an owner who has already been slapped because of sexual harassment within his offices and team is going to take this on? What's Snyder going to do, offer up his cheerleaders as masseuses for Watson?

And is Lurie the guy to bring Watson is after bringing in that lowlife pos vick?

Watson is a scumbag that I hope never sees a NFL field again. They need to take a stand.

Guess this is personal for you ..........lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
I will own this^, and further I knew this on draft day. We hit multiple homeruns and they struck out. Kudos 2 McClay and the front office for identifying what we needed. Want more proof Siriani isn't a good HC? I will show you exhibit 1...ie the fact he only gave Sanders 2-3 carries in the game. Thats all I need 2 see. If I am a philly fan, I want that guys head. He's their best player PERIOD...and they ignored him.It was priceless.

umm Kellen Moore did this a ton his first 2 seasons as OC, its why zeke career looks in decline, IT IS NOT. the philosophy changed.

its nice to see KM is now figuring out we need better balance and to sue our weapons in the run game..

..it happens, they can adjust during the season, we are 3 games in my man....btw if the defense dictates to throw vs run, isn't that what TB has done all season??

they are wearing out toms arm IMO and that might be mistake but coaches the OC in particular will have games like this where they are pass or run heavy to point they look like idiots..
i mean how many carries did pollard and zeke get game 1, then game 2 , now look where we are at..im guessing when we come up against another team that will refuse to let you run Dak and Moore will open this up to airraid levels throw it 50 times..

Carolina is being overrated possibly rankings wise given the opponents but i bet they do all they can to make sure they get us out of runs and make us one dimensional..we may be back to Tampa game plan....it happens..

Rayman70

Reaction score
The announcers said when they were on TNF against Carolina. that the Texans and Watson and his agent already agreed, he would not play for them this season.
And agree, no team wants to have this associated with them right now. not until his civil suits and legal issues are known. I don't think we will get anything from the NFL either, until they know what is going on.

Though that did not keep them from taking a year to railroad Zeke. If for some reason, nothing comes of this over Watson, I doubt he will be suspended. We know the double standards set against us.
Zeke was handled like he actually was convicted...yet Watson gets handled with kid gloves.

Rayman70

Reaction score
umm Kellen Moore did this a ton his first 2 seasons as OC, its why zeke career looks in decline, IT IS NOT. the philosophy changed.

its nice to see KM is now figuring out we need better balance and to sue our weapons in the run game..

..it happens, they can adjust during the season, we are 3 games in my man....btw if the defense dictates to throw vs run, isn't that what TB has done all season??

they are wearing out toms arm IMO and that might be mistake but coaches the OC in particular will have games like this where they are pass or run heavy to point they look like idiots..
i mean how many carries did pollard and zeke get game 1, then game 2 , now look where we are at..im guessing when we come up against another team that will refuse to let you run Dak and Moore will open this up to airraid levels throw it 50 times..

Carolina is being overrated possibly rankings wise given the opponents but i bet they do all they can to make sure they get us out of runs and make us one dimensional..we may be back to Tampa game plan....it happens..
True. 1 huge difference. He aint the HC.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Read . I said bad fit in philly and that system. Its gonna take a complete system change or him getting moved. They are trying 2 turn him into a pocket passer. He aint that.

IM saying they have time to adjust to this. like CHI does with Fields that was cluster of game last week..ouch..i believe teams can realize their mistakes and adjust. Playbooks dont vary much team by team, its game plans and play calling to what part of the book is used week to week and which to use in game as the game flows..

don't think for minute eagles game 2 will even resemble game one late in the year especially if that game is for the decision. Long season to adjust the playbooks for players..

Doomsday101

Reaction score

No way, no how would I give up 3 1st and 3 additional players for Watson. Most I would be willing to do is 1 st rd.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guess this is personal for you ..........lol
vick is, if Booger had signed him, I would be the most ardent anti Cowboys fan you've ever seen.

What a lot of people were not aware of was even if he was considering vick, and he might have been with his record for tainted goods, he was visited by the Presidents of the ASCPA and PETA and reminded that Dallas is the highest per capita for dogs of all the major cities and they promised a boycott like he's never seen. One of my wife's classmate's sister was head of the ASCPA in North Texas and relayed the story to us of the meeting. She said Booger was most congenial and understanding and assured them he had not even considered bringing vick in.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Watson was a Cowboy they would have already banned him. Just a fact.
while this can make me chuckle as if feels true,

im betting as soon as any team makes him active game day and has him starting, RG will step in..hes waiting to pull DW as larger punishment's IE let him sit until hes added to the active game day list then step in and suspend him that means hes off the field even longer..its why i believe trade hasn't happened teams know a season as they make DW active the Comish will then start the real punishment phase..

if you are RG why rush you have then man sitting already..
is it fair?

no , i think any time lost by player waiting on a suspension should be time served and DW should be allowed to play until decision is made but that wont happen not from what weve seen in the past..in the real world while out of jail and on an appeal you can go about your normal life until a real conviction comes down..

Rayman70

Reaction score
IM saying they have time to adjust to this. like CHI does with Fields that was cluster of game last week..ouch..i believe teams can realize their mistakes and adjust. Playbooks dont vary much team by team, its game plans and play calling to what part of the book is used week to week and which to use in game as the game flows..

don't think for minute eagles game 2 will even resemble game one late in the year especially if that game is for the decision. Long season to adjust the playbooks for players..
they arent very patient in filthy. Just sayin.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not sure how they can be out of it when the'yre jogging out a guy like Jalen Hurts

The risk in taking on Watson is immense. Plus, as someone noted, they are clearly showing their age in some places and need some talent infusion. It could cost them some of their prime picks to get Watson and then what? Run a team out there that looks like the Texans that has flaws and Watson alone can't overcome them?

Although Howie Roseman is a total snake so it's quite possible they are floating this story that Philly is out to see if the Texans eventually lower their price and before the Dolphins make a deal, the Eagles sweep back in and grab him.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
On one hand, Watson will make some people better, and can cover holes on the OL. I think a reason to do it is that he can get the most out of Smith, Reagor and Watkins. Could be a dangerous group with Watson

On the other hand, Watson probably makes them a 9-10 win team. And with the assets they would give up, it wouldnt keep from adding the talent they need to compete with the upper echelon of the NFL for a while. They might have three first round picks this year, but one of them isnt guarenteed or even likely. Colts will sit Wentz at midseason if they arent contenders IMO. They will still have to get up multiple years of 1st's to get the deal done

IMO they should watch Hurts development over the season, and if they dont think he can be a winning QB then draft one high. Hurts is talented and its a deep first round class this year
Agree/disagree at the same time. Watson could come in for 2022 and they probably have enough on that roster to compete for the division. My concern if I’m the eagles is
1) will he be able to play a full 2022
2) How bad is that roster going to be in 2023 and beyond?

Their OL was once a top unit in the nfl. They still have most of those pieces, but it’s an old unit at this point. How many more years of dominance does a guy like fletcher Cox have? Darius slay?

they seem to have some big holes and are likely to have more moving into future years. if they can develop what they have at qb or hit on one in next years draft I’d worry a whole lot more about philly in the future. Sacrificing 3 top picks, and having a qb that takes up a huge chunk of cap space just feels like a recipe for disaster to me. I could see them stuck in that decade of mediocrity with a move for Watson. Good enough to be competitive, not good enough to really win anything.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Eagles are screwing up trying to salvage that team. It’s old, overpaid and they’re trying to evaluate what they have in Hurts but doing it with young receivers and a hurt offensive line. They honestly need to stink this year and properly build that team. They are the only team in the division old and overpaid like that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The risk in taking on Watson is immense. Plus, as someone noted, they are clearly showing their age in some places and need some talent infusion. It could cost them some of their prime picks to get Watson and then what? Run a team out there that looks like the Texans that has flaws and Watson alone can't overcome them?

Although Howie Roseman is a total snake so it's quite possible they are floating this story that Philly is out to see if the Texans eventually lower their price and before the Dolphins make a deal, the Eagles sweep back in and grab him.
Howie trying to get Watson on a bargain price. No way they are out on Watson if the Texans are giving him away.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
They should have 3 first round picks. If I am them, I’d much rather have the draft capital than spend everything for Watson. They likely have 2 possibly 3 top 10 picks. They can get their franchise QB

I think the Eagles would be just as bad if they had Lance, Fields, or Mac Jones at QB this year in place of Hurts.