Glenn "Stretch" very concerned with Dak accuracy

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Highlights from Podcast:

* Dak feet & accuracy were not good. Missing alot of throws on field. Not seeing safety on 1st throw of game is a concern.

* Connor Williams is improving each week.

* Dallas didn't miss beat when Health left game due to injury. Thompson played physical.

* DL was dominant.

Dak has always had issues with DBs that the WR is running toward. He watches the coverage behind but not the coverage the WR is running into.

Nice to hear that Williams is improving. Seems likely. I haven't heard much complaining about him for a while.

They should start Thompson. Heath has the worst QB rating when thrown on on the team. Thompson, the best. At some point reality has to rule.

Earlier, Quinn suspended for 2 games, Woods missing multiple games, Lawrence coming back from injury, having not played or practiced since last season. Crawford not healthy.

Now, everybody healthy and played into shape. Crawford replaced by Bennett.

It's a new DL.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
2ajtsw.gif

Mannix

Reaction score
Who is right? He has a big bag of nothing every time he appears on Dale Hanson....who is a big "wind" bag. Not that Tony Casillas offers anything when appearing on Doocy almost every week...zzzzzzz. There, is that enough shots?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
One guy did a really good video on Dak's accuracy. If I can find it, I'll post it. Basically, accuracy has never been his strong suit. He's compensated for that by being strong in many other areas. It is the one thing about him that gives me pause for offering him big money. This isn't a slam on Dak. I LOVE his work ethic, his attitude, durability, mobility, and how he's dedicated to improving. He's got a lot going for him. In that vid, the point was, he could manage to be accurate enough and receivers would have to adjust some to balls that would come to them, but not be perfectly placed. Dak doesn't seem to be able to place the ball in that perfect place where only his receiver can get it. It's a shortcoming, but the zillion dollar question is do we want to live with that by going with Dak because of all his other great qualities or do we want to hunt for someone better in the draft? I personally think it would be a mistake to pay him 30 mil or more. He's a good QB, not a great one. If he wants 30 mil or more, then I would rather draft a QB and take our chances. This team has drafted a QB in the first round twice. We could do it a third time. If Dak wants 25 mil, then I'm down with keeping him.
I agree with everything you’ve said for the most part? However.
I agree with you on the fact that we shouldn't over pay him either, but cmon man. That’s ridiculous. Really? Only 25 million? In a world where Kirk Cousins, Jared Goff, and Wentz (who are currently ranked below him this year) got paid anywhere from 28-30+ million dollars? That’s sad.

Hadenough

Reaction score
* Dak feet & accuracy were not good. Missing alot of throws on field. Not seeing safety on 1st throw of game is a concern. Thinks contract situation has to be effecting him because he is not playing clean games.
This is complete BS! Dak has struggled with accuracy ever since he came into the league. It has nothing to do with contract negotiations! I wish people would stop making excuses for him. Dak at times can look like a top 10 QB and other times look like the 20th ranked QB. It all equates to middle of the pack.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I agree with you on the fact that we shouldn't over pay him either, but cmon man. That’s ridiculous. Really? Only 25 million? In a world where Kirk Cousins, Jared Goff, and Wentz (who are currently ranked below him this year) got paid anywhere from 28-30+ million dollars? That’s sad.
It is sad! Thoses other teams made terrible mistakes by over paying the QB position and now Dallas is being checkmated into the same situation.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is complete BS! Dak has struggled with accuracy ever since he came into the league. It has nothing to do with contract negotiations! I wish people would stop making excuses for him. Dak at times can look like a top 10 QB and other times look like the 20th ranked QB. It all equates to middle of the pack.

Nothing to get angry about as when all logic is thrown out it confirms they are Paid to promote Dak on every Social media there is out there.
Let them sell crazy as their biggest problem is fans have eyes and can see the we have scoring issues and a QB with many FLAWS!

Hike hike seems so can Jerry as of November 7th, 2019 and still no MEGA-DEAL for Dak!

popp1234

Reaction score
He is completing 69.6% of his passes for crying out loud.

can the idiocy stop already.

He is “very” concerned huh? Very concerned. Despite the fact that all the metrics say Dak throws accurate balls more often than most QB’s.

good grief.

Yeah, but when have facts mattered? Hell, they just hurt the preferred narrative when it comes to Dak Prescott.

shabazz

Reaction score
Nothing to get angry about as when all logic is thrown out it confirms they are Paid to promote Dak on every Social media there is out there.
Let them sell crazy as their biggest problem is fans have eyes and can see the we have scoring issues and a QB with many FLAWS!

Hike hike seems so can Jerry as of November 7th, 2019 and still no MEGA-DEAL for Dak!

The Anointed One must be elevated to Elite Status. Merely being average doesn't help the struggle. Overpay to confirm elite status, then pay for it for years to come with Mediocrity and excuses. He goes away in big games against good defenses. We have seen it many times including this year

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Anointed One must be elevated to Elite Status. Merely being average doesn't help the struggle. Overpay to confirm elite status, then pay for it for years to come with Mediocrity and excuses. He goes away in big games against good defenses. We have seen it many times including this year

Colts shut him out last season but they sell blame elsewhere never to Dak.
PR Paid and delivered trolls....

shabazz

Reaction score
Colts shut him out last season but they sell blame elsewhere never to Dak.
PR Paid and delivered trolls....

The Saints had him confused all game this season. He has learned nothing.. He couldn't read their defense to save his life. 3 FG's in 3 quarters and just 200 yards , no Td's and 1 INT.
But blah , blah, blah. excuses poured out for him from all his worshipers

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Saints had him confused all game this season. He has learned nothing.. He couldn't read their defense to save his life. 3 FG's in 3 quarters and just 200 yards , no Td's and 1 INT.
But blah , blah, blah. excuses poured out for him from all his worshipers

But but but it's not the QB fault bud!!!LOL
How can he be held responsible if you can't score 14 points when your defense has held them to 12 pts and you have best offline and Zeke and Coop?
Now give him 40 million a year cause he beats up the Giants and Skins and Eagles( When injury-riddled) cause he's Dak.

This here below is their angle and why they sell Dak crazy daily here.

paycheckforwork.jpg

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

They overpaid for those guys. I would not have paid that for Cousins. Goff ... not sure. He's still young and could get a lot better.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
They overpaid for those guys. I would not have paid that for Cousins. Goff ... not sure. He's still young and could get a lot better.
Basically but some people are on some stupid stuff like they getting a cut. They overpaid so we should overpay also. That doesn't make sense

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Highlights from Podcast:

* Dak feet & accuracy were not good. Missing alot of throws on field. Not seeing safety on 1st throw of game is a concern. Thinks contract situation has to be effecting him because he is not playing clean games.

* Connor Williams is improving each week.

* WR edge blocking is big part of running game success.

* Strength of team is running game & OL.

* Dallas didn't miss beat when Health left game due to injury. Thompson played physical.

* Byron Jones lacks the ball skills necessary to make play on ball.

* DL was dominant.

First point: its not the contract situation. Its his talent that hinders him.

Those problems he has had since college.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He was a coach with the Cowboys at some point in time. Not sure when or how long or what position.
I know he is on the Sunday night ABC sports in Dallas with Dale Hanson, who is usually a Cowboys / Jerry hater. But lately he has been better.

Glen "stretch" Smith is usually decent though, but tells it like it is. I guess Hanson is that way too.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Basically but some people are on some stupid stuff like they getting a cut. They overpaid so we should overpay also. That doesn't make sense

That's the frustrating thing. When some other team does something stupid like overpaying, it sets a precedent. Then teams like us have to deal with agents pointing to that as if it had been a reasonable move. If the Vikings paid almost all their salary cap money to their QB and paid all the other players the league minimum, they would have the right to do that, but it would be really stupid. That's an exaggerated example, but you get the idea.