Glimpses of Jags Draft Board

kazzd58

Reaction score
Only the Jags.....

Meyer has a couple National championships who’s programs had developed numerous nfl top talent for years.. I think he may know a thing a two about talent and development compared to most head coaches ‍♂️ Y’all laughing at his draft board?? Oh ok

DFWJC

Reaction score
Meyer has a couple National championships who’s programs had developed numerous nfl top talent for years.. I think he may know a thing a two about talent and development compared to most head coaches ‍♂️ Y’all laughing at his draft board?? Oh ok
Urban Meyer didnt build that draft board
Good grief

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
A. Yes he is. Ask him.
B. There is no end. Fans have family to suffer through.
C. Next........
A. That's cute but Jerry has never claimed to be a coach.

B. Nothing is forever and Jerry is not the rest of his family. After Jerry, we have a chance to get a real GM.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
A. That's cute but Jerry has never claimed to be a coach.

B. Nothing is forever and Jerry is not the rest of his family. After Jerry, we have a chance to get a real GM.

A. :lmao2:

B. :lmao:

plymkr

Reaction score
Did they show the part of the board where they have written in permanent marker: "Tebow, Tim: 11.0"...?
I kind of like this new Tim Tebow obsession. It's a refreshing experience after the Dak obsession of the last 2 years.

I'm glad we're working Tebow into every conversation and leaving Dak out of some.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I kind of like this new Tim Tebow obsession. It's a refreshing experience after the Dak obsession of the last 2 years.

I'm glad we're working Tebow into every conversation and leaving Dak out of some.
That reminds me, in our last preseason game we will be home against the Jags. Maybe we will get a chance to see Tebow play.

plymkr

Reaction score
That reminds me, in our last preseason game we will be home against the Jags. Maybe we will get a chance to see Tebow play.
Yeah, most likely the last game Tebow plays. I seriously doubt he makes the team.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If Lawrence tosses a TD pass to Tebow this season, do not turn on ESPN for at least 7 days.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Notice there isn't a whole lot of difference with a lot of players. People often complain about draft boards and player grades but how much difference is a grade of 7.0, 6.9, 6.8, and 6.4? So, they basically had Etienne, Paye, Campbell, Wilson, and Little with essentially the same grade. I can see why teams take these boards with a grain of salt and sometimes go with hunches.

There just isn't much science when putting together draft board grades. Hence, the hit/miss percentages.

Thats EXACTLY why the BPA thing is ridiculous when you are up high. Most are very good and fractions of a difference in quality. Its why you can afford to take need and still get an amazing talent.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Funny thing is people act as if there is 1 big board all teams look at, when the true fact is there are 32 big boards in the league where each team puts together their own boards. I think the odds are most of the top 5 picks on those boards are roughly the same around the league but beyond that how teams view certain players over another varies quite a bit.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I don't know that "hunches" is the right term, or that the hit-miss percentages are connected to a lack of "science" in putting together boards.

The range of possible outcomes for any draftee is incredibly high. Even if you had perfect information about the player, there would still be huge error bars around your projection. So yeah, there's no meaningful difference between 6.8 and 7.0, and you can justify picking any of those guys over any other. But you don't need to resort to hunches at that point: there's a lot of variation in the profiles of players with the same score. You may choose one because you think the other might be there at your next pick. One may have a higher ceiling but a lower floor, and so you can choose the risk-reward profile you prefer. When players are rated about the same, that's when you may factor "need" in. There are lots of criteria that should go into the decision-making before you get to "hunch."

Of course, I expect there are plenty of guys who are picked on a hunch anyway.
But it.seems to me a teams need at positions would alter his pick value with a particular team. Like with us..Lawrence might be #1 but we will not be interested having Dak already signed. So we look at other players as valuable instead.
Hunches on a player would still need info and research to aid in a decision also how a player fits a certain scheme has to factor in..no?

Beaker42

Reaction score
I don't know that "hunches" is the right term, or that the hit-miss percentages are connected to a lack of "science" in putting together boards.

The range of possible outcomes for any draftee is incredibly high. Even if you had perfect information about the player, there would still be huge error bars around your projection. So yeah, there's no meaningful difference between 6.8 and 7.0, and you can justify picking any of those guys over any other. But you don't need to resort to hunches at that point: there's a lot of variation in the profiles of players with the same score. You may choose one because you think the other might be there at your next pick. One may have a higher ceiling but a lower floor, and so you can choose the risk-reward profile you prefer. When players are rated about the same, that's when you may factor "need" in. There are lots of criteria that should go into the decision-making before you get to "hunch."

Of course, I expect there are plenty of guys who are picked on a hunch anyway.
Wish we’d have taken Tufele. Love that dude’s motor.

Beaker42

Reaction score
To be fair, we're not exactly sure if the scale goes to 9 or not.

The official NFL.com score goes from 5.0 to 8.0, with 8.0 being the perfect prospect, and 5.0 being a training camp body.

If the Jag's scale is similar, they have Lawrence listed as a perfect prospect.
Sunshine needs a haircut.