GM says goodbye to a popular model after 57 years

1942willys

Reaction score
https://www.theautopian.com/ford-lost-36000-for-every-electric-vehicle-sold-last-quarter-so-was-toyota-right/#:~:text=This means that Ford lost,Why is that, though?

Ford loses $36,000 on every EV it sells, and its EV unit is expecting a $4.5 Billion full-year loss. Tesla is having its own issues as it just recalled every vehicle because of an issue with the auto-driving feature.
this is the kind of crap you get from defense lawyers and politicians; just enough of the truth to fool the stupid

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Being a car enthusiast or car lover has Absolutely zero to do with money. When I was 16 my father offered me new cars, I picked a 67 GTO for $1k, after that a 67 442 for $1k, after that a 70 GTX for $2.6k. You obviously are an A to B dude and that’s fine, but don’t make it about money as that is a complete falsehood.
Your basic Camaro or Mustang doesn’t cost much at all. Sure, you can get the souped-up versions but your basic streamlined versions last time I bought cars were almost same price as the less flashy smaller and reasonable fuel efficient models.

rags747

Reaction score
Is a Recall really a Recall when every single Tesla will be fixed with an over the air update? In other words my car will be sitting in my garage and fixed over the air like magic! It also has a lot to do with the NHSTA being about 50 years behind the times, you know a bunch of fat old white guys that just cannot handle change and an attitude of “It’s always been done like that”!
My “Recall” is currently being updated as I type, car is in my garage!

Creeper

Reaction score
I had a 1985 or '87 IROC-Z. Loved the look of the car but as a muscle car it was pathetic. It was slow as molasses and acceleration on the highway was no better than any other car on the road today. In fact, I would bet many coupes today would beat it in a drag race. And, it was a POS. Things would break all the time. My rear-view mirror fell off one day when I was backing it out of the garage! It had these halogen bulbs in the backup light that was embedded in the rear spoiler that sold for $25 each! I believe there were 5 of them. When the rear hatch motor broke not only was it expensive to replace but it took a month for the dealer to find one in Canada.

I grew up driving 1960s and early 1970s muscle cars so imagine my disappointment when I drove the IROC-Z. To be fair, it was only the 305 CI engine but the original IROC=Z had a 302 CI that was a monster. The 305 was a hamster.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I had a 1985 or '87 IROC-Z. Loved the look of the car but as a muscle car it was pathetic. It was slow as molasses and acceleration on the highway was no better than any other car on the road today. In fact, I would bet many coupes today would beat it in a drag race. And, it was a POS. Things would break all the time. My rear-view mirror fell off one day when I was backing it out of the garage! It had these halogen bulbs in the backup light that was embedded in the rear spoiler that sold for $25 each! I believe there were 5 of them. When the rear hatch motor broke not only was it expensive to replace but it took a month for the dealer to find one in Canada.

I grew up driving 1960s and early 1970s muscle cars so imagine my disappointment when I drove the IROC-Z. To be fair, it was only the 305 CI engine but the original IROC=Z had a 302 CI that was a monster. The 305 was a hamster.
Yeah, 80's were a rough time for cars, especially American "performance" cars.

rags747

Reaction score

The IROC Z may be a slug today but back then it was one of the faster cars, they handled dam well too although they rattle more than people would be willing to put up with today, especially the T-Roofs! The 302 was a monster performance engine, very little emissions equipment on them at all, the 305 not so much and it was the best that they could come up with at that time. Today you can have a 1.75L or 107 Cubic Inch 4 Cyl destroy a 426 HEMI or a 455 Cubic Inch Musclecar 0-60 and 1/4 Mile. We are truly living in the Best of Times for automobile lovers.

Creeper

Reaction score
The IROC Z may be a slug today but back then it was one of the faster cars, they handled dam well too although they rattle more than people would be willing to put up with today, especially the T-Roofs! The 302 was a monster performance engine, very little emissions equipment on them at all, the 305 not so much and it was the best that they could come up with at that time. Today you can have a 1.75L or 107 Cubic Inch 4 Cyl destroy a 426 HEMI or a 455 Cubic Inch Musclecar 0-60 and 1/4 Mile. We are truly living in the Best of Times for automobile lovers.
The 1968-1969 IROCs were beasts. And rare. But the engines were built for power. The 1985 IROC had an engine built for emissions. The Car handled okay but the lack of power is what hurt it. And like I said, the thing was such poor quality you never knew what part of the car would fall off next!

1969 was my favorite Camaro, The 1971, was nice too. The 1985 looked nice but just underperformed.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Speaking of vehicles, I filled up my Ram(33g tank) a few days ago for about $150. I haven’t really gone anywhere, maybe 50 miles total. Well, I get in tonight to go get the wife from a hair salon and the fuel light comes on. Weird, I just filled up! I think someone siphoned my gas :angry:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Speaking of vehicles, I filled up my Ram(33g tank) a few days ago for about $150. I haven’t really gone anywhere, maybe 50 miles total. Well, I get in tonight to go get the wife from a hair salon and the fuel light comes on. Weird, I just filled up! I think someone siphoned my gas :angry:
Either that or you need to rename your truck Christine.