GM says goodbye to a popular model after 57 years

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So if you have lots of money to burn fine
but you seem top think all those that are not rich do not matter or should be made to feel guilty because they cannot AFFORD a flashy car
He was responding to what you said, which was "So what? For the VAST MAJORITY of drivers boring and dependable is better than flashy and unreliable".
That has nothing to do with being rich or "able to afford a flashy car".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Being a car enthusiast or car lover has Absolutely zero to do with money. When I was 16 my father offered me new cars, I picked a 67 GTO for $1k, after that a 67 442 for $1k, after that a 70 GTX for $2.6k. You obviously are an A to B dude and that’s fine, but don’t make it about money as that is a complete falsehood.
Well, to be fair, you have to have money to be able to buy a new Stingray, Camaro, etc. Hell, these days you have to have money to buy just about any new car. Prices are ridiculous and need to come way down.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Someone should build a car with as little electronics in the drive train as possible, none preferably. Someday a car like that will be needed.
You mean once they start using EMPs?

The year old Volvo truck I drive for work has been in and out of the shop more times than I can remember in one year, and I think every incident was due to some chip, programming error, or some kind of electronics issue. Unfortunately, using computerized systems is the only way to reduce emissions to satisfactory levels.

rags747

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, you have to have money to be able to buy a new Stingray, Camaro, etc. Hell, these days you have to have money to buy just about any new car. Prices are ridiculous and need to come way down.
Yeah well don’t count on that happening. My point is basically that I would spend $15-20k on something that makes me feel like I’m the Captain of the Enterprise before I would ever drop $40k on a new Honda or Toyota. New Hush Puppies vs used Bruno Magli’s, I’m going Bruno!

1942willys

Reaction score
Being a car enthusiast or car lover has Absolutely zero to do with money. When I was 16 my father offered me new cars, I picked a 67 GTO for $1k, after that a 67 442 for $1k, after that a 70 GTX for $2.6k. You obviously are an A to B dude and that’s fine, but don’t make it about money as that is a complete falsehood.
so says someone not scratching and clawing to make the rent and put food on the table
You guys think its so easy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
so says someone not scratching and clawing to make the rent and put food on the table
You guys think its so easy.
Who guys? I drive a 2016 Nissan Rogue that I bought used in 2018. I just paid it off last month. Being a homeowner, I really should have a pickup, but I can't afford to lay down $50,000, so until prices drop or I come into a windfall, I'll be driving whatever I can afford.

1942willys

Reaction score
Who guys? I drive a 2016 Nissan Rogue that I bought used in 2018. I just paid it off last month. Being a homeowner, I really should have a pickup, but I can't afford to lay down $50,000, so until prices drop or I come into a windfall, I'll be driving whatever I can afford.
like most of us. buying a toy to us means maybe $50.
Not $20,000

Got a friend who with his wife work two jobs each; and I can guarantee they want more out of life but they get what they can afford
and its more important that it be reliable than FLASHY

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
like most of us. buying a toy to us means maybe $50.
Not $20,000

Got a friend who with his wife work two jobs each; and I can guarantee they want more out of life but they get what they can afford
and its more important that it be reliable than FLASHY
Yes, but if I could afford flashy, I'd be getting it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Someone should build a car with as little electronics in the drive train as possible, none preferably. Someday a car like that will be needed.
First generation Viper. That car was a seat strapped to a frame, a gearbox, and a V10 motor. There was zero electronics, traction control, hell they didn't even come with ABS. It was one of the last true drivers cars.

They're also notoriously hard to drive and very dangerous in the wrong hands.

Creeper

Reaction score
First generation Viper. That car was a seat strapped to a frame, a gearbox, and a V10 motor. There was zero electronics, traction control, hell they didn't even come with ABS. It was one of the last true drivers cars.

They're also notoriously hard to drive and very dangerous in the wrong hands.
I was thinking of something a little more utilitarian.

nobody

Reaction score
Keep in mind this isn't the first time they discontinued it. 4th gen Camaros ended in 2002, 5th gen started in 2010. Didn't they do the same with the Mustang or the Charger?

Chevrolet has stated, "This is not the end of Camaro's story."

It's just a pause to redesign and generate demand most likely. Also waiting to see what the EV market does.

rags747

Reaction score
Keep in mind this isn't the first time they discontinued it. 4th gen Camaros ended in 2002, 5th gen started in 2010. Didn't they do the same with the Mustang or the Charger?

Chevrolet has stated, "This is not the end of Camaro's story."

It's just a pause to redesign and generate demand most likely. Also waiting to see what the EV market does.
Chevy stated that as there will be a Camaro EV, there will not be a 7th gen Camaro ice vehicle. Mustang has never stopped production, Charger is a 4 door sedan.

rags747

Reaction score
https://www.theautopian.com/ford-lost-36000-for-every-electric-vehicle-sold-last-quarter-so-was-toyota-right/#:~:text=This means that Ford lost,Why is that, though?

Ford loses $36,000 on every EV it sells, and its EV unit is expecting a $4.5 Billion full-year loss. Tesla is having its own issues as it just recalled every vehicle because of an issue with the auto-driving feature.
Is a Recall really a Recall when every single Tesla will be fixed with an over the air update? In other words my car will be sitting in my garage and fixed over the air like magic! It also has a lot to do with the NHSTA being about 50 years behind the times, you know a bunch of fat old white guys that just cannot handle change and an attitude of “It’s always been done like that”!