Go Cowboys! Let's win some playoff games

RoboQB

Reaction score
Run back to your job as curbside greeter...you present no challenge at all. How long have you served again...what, no one hears you!
It's sad when all you have is "how long have you served".
As if that somehow justifies your snotty attitude.
Just try to make sense in your comments.
That is all.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don’t begrudge you the rah rah schtick.

Don’t really care, but this is at least the second time you’ve insinuated Jimmy Johnson didn’t build a good roster in Miami.

I lived in SFla at the time and was close to the situation. He didn’t get a QB because he was stuck with Marino, but he left Wannstedt with a playoff roster despite Jay Feely at QB.

Off the top of my head, guys like Taylor, Thomas, Madison and Surtain were drafted by Johnson. Care to look at Jerry’s drafts during that period when he ran the team into the toilet?

While I respect that you are satisfied that your team repeatedly chokes and loses because other teams have been worse, not everyone else feels that way. Seems as if it’s your mission to convince the rest of us to.
You don't understand any thing in life. I was a soldier and accepted NOTHING inclusive of failure and giving up by not fighting. Get your comments in control.

As to my focus, I'm in the real world for rebuttal and no comebacks in not understanding. Logistics and enforcement are valid. Mistakes are real in war. That lessons the Cowboys have learned.

You ought to be bragging on your own team's roster. It was better in Dallas and that took BOTH Jerry and Jimmy. Chance matters.

As to that, it's the truth. As to attacking me, oh, I'll survive that playground. Holy isn't involved on the side. Dallas has weapons here and now as well.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Nope, Pinnochio, I made a review and redid the writing...back to your nose growing. Cry on your quarter or create an OP of value of YOUR OWN. I'm on a sporting venue for Cowboy
LOL...You took the time to rewrite THAT? In my defense, I didn't read it. But right on, "real fan"!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
LOL...You took the time to rewrite THAT? In my defense, I didn't read it. But right on, "real fan"!!
Pinnochio, go bore someone else...I'm not from Iran. Carry your crap load back home now.

I already know what team is, not party...

Better just return to your Regulators...

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
This would be my first move:

Connor Williams​

Once upon a time Connor Williams was Cowboy. The former Texas OT was drafted No. 50 overall in 2018. At 6-foot-5, 312-pounds, Williams didn’t seem particularly suited to play tackle in the NFL so Dallas made him their starting LG instead.

Signing with the Dolphins, Williams was immediately moved inside to center where he quickly established himself as one of the best centers in the NFL. In each of his two seasons in Miami, Williams was graded in the top five by PFF. He was the No. 2 rated center in the NFL in 2023, coming in only behind the great Frank Ragnow from Detroit.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-connor-williams-tyler-biadasz-at-c/

I would sign him up front in the free agency period...

CCBoy

Reaction score
SOME people sure seem to forget this fact, don't they?
No, some think that he walked upon water and instead give him credit for more than his part as you can always use that as an excuse for a blank head excuse. Even with today's new math one has to still add 2-1's to get 2. too

Figure it out yourself...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Right off the bat you ignore that Jimmy won the NCAA championship with the Miami Hurricanes. The first coach in history to win both the NCAA title and the Super Bowl.

This is like the 50th time I've had to remind a person on this forum trying to downplay Jimmy Johnson for whatever stupid agenda.
Probably because of the threads blaming Jerry for everything. While I think we can go too far either way, with blame or with credit, the evidence is that we haven't made a championship game in 28 years. The one constant in that is the front office.

I agree with the OP that the team making the playoffs shows that the Joneses aren't completely incompetent in their hiring/personnel handling, but they have to be viewed as the main problem with doing more than that because that's what the evidence shows.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The game is so different now. The players have money now and the ownership gets as much out of them as possible before their bodies break down. The league has made it where the Super Bowl is up for grabs every year. Will the Lions finally win this year? Will the 49ers or Ravens finally win again or will the Chiefs sneak in the back door again?

I predict that a key injury will knock out at least 1 of the 4 teams, if not this week, in the Super Bowl itself.
No idea how the idea that the NFL is crap shoot and parody involved. It isn't really up for grabs. For over 20 years, 3 guys have ruled an entire conference. Brady, Manning and Mahomes. Mixed in with Ben Roth.

The NFC is a little more random but in the last 13 years, SF has made over half the NFC champ games.

The NFL has always been about dynasties. At any point in time, there is a dynasty in progress. Right now, it's KC. This was their 6th straight AFC title game and now their 4th Super Bowl since Mahomes became a starter.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Jerry wants to win more than any of us. The more they win, the more $$ he makes. But not just that, he's a Cowboys fan first and is super competitive. I do wish he would officially name McClay the GM and whenever they need to hire a new HC, I hope it's a super tough one.
If someone really wants to win and can't in 28 years. Call yourself a failure -hire someone else- and move on. :facepalm: Dak has put us in more playoffs games then Jerry has in 28 years:facepalm::laugh:

Big_D

Reaction score
Here comes the yearly thread to rip Jimmy Johnson apart and talk about how vital Jerry was. LOL Like the complete lack of any football acumen over 3 decades doesn't tell the story?! His knowledge and decisions have been a complete joke. Hiring Johnson was his one quality deed and we should still kiss his ring for it 35 years later.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Lying on the Witness Stand

CCBoy

Reaction score
As much as you check your fake stories .......... someone like you has no right to even say that name.
Lying on the Witness Stand

Little Bo Peep go find your sheep, you have NO standing here. He was a fine example of loyalty and commitment to team.

The Marines and Air Force wouldn't even allow him to enlist. He grew from a humble beginning and without finishing school. America's most decorated service member ever.

I served 24 years and was on the funeral detail for Omar Bradley the last 5 Star General in the United States.

Watch YOUR mouth. You deserve no further consideration here...

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, some think that he walked upon water and instead give him credit for more than his part as you can always use that as an excuse for a blank head excuse. Even with today's new math one has to still add 2-1's to get 2. too

Figure it out yourself...

Respectfully CCBoy, I'm not certain what you're talking about.

And, all you have to do is listen to what Aikman and other players thought of Switzer's coaching style to know he brought very little to the success of the team.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Here comes the yearly thread to rip Jimmy Johnson apart and talk about how vital Jerry was. LOL Like the complete lack of any football acumen over 3 decades doesn't tell the story?! His knowledge and decisions have been a complete joke. Hiring Johnson was his one quality deed and we should still kiss his ring for it 35 years later.
That's not needed...just understanding factors really affecting process. Jimmy was a great Cowboys coach. That at no place is at issue.

He also is responsible for the change in team that went down from his firing. That is fact also. That is the truth.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Anybody that does that is usually lying about it
Ahh. The fake soldier. Possibly.
Every time he mentions it, the prestige
fades further away.
Of course, as unstable as he appears to be, they'd
happily take him now. Just identify as an 18 year old
non-binary and he's in....! lol