Go Cowboys! Let's win some playoff games

CCBoy

Reaction score
Respectfully CCBoy, I'm not certain what you're talking about.

And, all you have to do is listen to what Aikman and other players thought of Switzer's coaching style to know he brought very little to the success of the team.
Not true, as Aikman bought into his original boss after Jerry got him an Offensive Coordinator that made Troy successful.

Troy also now has a brewery and changed his wife as well.

He can't ignore the fact that Barry Switzer led the team to two Championship Level teams and a Lombardi when he DID coach the team. Pardon me, he is then saying that is incompetance. No, that then is Hero Worship and his own reason for accepting the discipline for Troy's team to become a dominant team. A lot of things changed from that point as well as paying for the old players and losing cap on players still on the roster.

That is a TV Analyst talking for camera then.

Oh, I love our star alright...he didn't talk a full view then.

Now explain why Jimmy did Not make it to the Super Bowl with a playoff level team in Miami for four years.

That is some make-believe in action to not see that as well.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not true, as Aikman bought into his original boss after Jerry got him an Offensive Coordinator that made Troy successful.

He can't ignore the fact that Barry Switzer led the team to two Championship Level teams and a Lombardi when he DID coach the team. Pardon me, he is then saying that is incompetance. No, that then is Hero Worship and his own reason for accepting the discipline for Troy's team to become a dominant team. A lot of things changed from that point as well as paying for the old players and losing cap on players still on the roster.

Now explain why Jimmy did Not make it to the Super Bowl with a playoff level team in Miami for four years.

(see bold above). Explain why Jerra has not won a SB since Coach Jimmy left. If you really think Jerra is some master owner that won those SB's, what happened, did he forget how to win since then? During the Switzer year Aikman was most likely the actually coach of that team that won that SB.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Marino was done by the time Jimmy got there and he wasn't allowed to move on from him.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
This would be my first move:

Connor Williams​

Once upon a time Connor Williams was Cowboy. The former Texas OT was drafted No. 50 overall in 2018. At 6-foot-5, 312-pounds, Williams didn’t seem particularly suited to play tackle in the NFL so Dallas made him their starting LG instead.

Signing with the Dolphins, Williams was immediately moved inside to center where he quickly established himself as one of the best centers in the NFL. In each of his two seasons in Miami, Williams was graded in the top five by PFF. He was the No. 2 rated center in the NFL in 2023, coming in only behind the great Frank Ragnow from Detroit.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-connor-williams-tyler-biadasz-at-c/

I would sign him up front in the free agency period...
Interesting thought. I do like the idea of improving the quality of play from the center position. Looking at a few of the playoff teams and seeing names like Linderbaum, Ragnow, Humphrey, and Kelce makes me wonder if a shift in the importance of O-Line position strength could swing a little more toward the center of the line instead of being so heavily tackle centric. I get that tackle will be king for the foreseeable future, but having That Dude in the middle is very critical.

MikeT22

Reaction score
'Smart guy, you did know that Barry Switzer won both as well and had a higher winning percentage in both as well, right?
Any of 500 coaches could’ve won with the team Jimmy built and Barry inherited.

Heck, anyone even half decent would’ve won at least a couple of SBs with those teams. Yet in 4 short years Barry and Jerry crashed it with a 6-10 season. That’s takes an ungodly amount of incompetence.

stuckindc

Reaction score
This would be my first move:

Connor Williams​

Once upon a time Connor Williams was Cowboy. The former Texas OT was drafted No. 50 overall in 2018. At 6-foot-5, 312-pounds, Williams didn’t seem particularly suited to play tackle in the NFL so Dallas made him their starting LG instead.

Signing with the Dolphins, Williams was immediately moved inside to center where he quickly established himself as one of the best centers in the NFL. In each of his two seasons in Miami, Williams was graded in the top five by PFF. He was the No. 2 rated center in the NFL in 2023, coming in only behind the great Frank Ragnow from Detroit.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-connor-williams-tyler-biadasz-at-c/

I would sign him up front in the free agency period...
Would he come back? Sucks we had our starting center all along I would love to sign him. He would be nice upgrade over TB. Not that I don’t like him or appreciate his loyalty and play. Williams fill a huge need

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Pinnochio, go bore someone else...I'm not from Iran. Carry your crap load back home now.

I already know what team is, not party...

Better just return to your Regulators...

Oh, CC, try as you might, you'll never be able to touch Rockport on your best day. There can only be one!! But soldier on, real one.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Go have a beer or stay of the hill-billy balad circuit.

The year that Barry won, Jimmy was looking for another job while working for news broadcasting. WHY?

Both Jerry and Jimmy put together the talent to win. BOTH!

When he was fired, Barry Switzer continued the winning the winning and he took that team to the Lombardi. Not Jimmy.

That is then when the ability to make such a team changed to the cap and draft era. Things changed.

Now tell me how many Super Bowls were won from the '94 by San Francisco? Perspectives involved...
You mean the same Jerry Jones that asked Jimmy Johnson to pretend to ask him about players in the war room when the ESPN cameras covered the draft? Just to create the illusion he had insight on the picks?

You say Jimmy sat out one year of coaching yet ignore that Switzer was out of coaching for FIVE years and only got a call from Jerry because there was a history with him from college? The same Barry Switzer that looked at high and/or hungover players at practice in his time in Dallas and telling them all to go home instead of prepare?

Read some books about the history of the Cowboys or just use Google. Jimmy Johnson was a hundred times plus better the coach than Switzer; at least at the NFL level.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Don't ignore the facts presented here. Jimmy got no other team to the standard the Cowboys were during the years that he was Dallas. Nor have many others more recently.

Fact is it took both Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson, both. Not just Jimmy Johnson. The two of them worked the success level until Jimmy was fired for non-team reasons. I'm not going to negotiate a court action to determine who was in fact responsible for their seperation.

Now, as is being ignored, the difference between when Jimmy Johnson was in Dallas and when he was in Miami, was the roster.

If one has taken a monotone approach, he has done little more but blame all failures upon Jerry. The point is that Jerry moved mountains to get Jimmy all the talent needed to travel the path and strength to win a Super Bowl.

Murchison ran out of money trying to do the same with Landry and finally had to sell the team. That had nothing to do with blaming all upon Jerry Jones. Spending the necessary money flow killed the Murchison ownership even with his Father being one of the very richest in the financial community in the US.

Landry, and Murchison were a great pairing as long as the money held out. This is the functional element not given credit in looking back. Landry was a strong coach. He demanded discipline and developed techniques to excell in the NFL. Money and his management carried his teams.

The difference between Jimmy and today's Mike McCarthy is that today's players are spoiled as to their values in a cap era along with the limited cap flexability in today's NFL. Not having a cap allowed build up of the rosters to the Johnson two Super Bowls.

Jimmy could replace a large number of drafted players with the Herchel Walker surplus of draft picks and trades of that number. That and paying for specific players who were free agents. Hey, Jimmy forged the way and with cast offs from other teams and unknowns in the draft. That was the seperator. But that took both as Jerry was moving mountains for the team to even survive those formative years. But then, the cap and team equalizers entered the picture.

After Parcells, Stephen realized that in cap management, that the Cowboys could no longer pay free agents to build with, just as did Washington. Stephen held the line and Jerry then built up a top shelf Scouting Group to build continuity in the draft. This gave Dallas a strong ability to conduct and gain an influx of NFL strengths and dependability to fill out rosters with good players.

The Cowboys are good at doing just that now. They have two players in contention for Offensive Players of the Year: Lamb and Prescott. They also have two players in contention for Defensive Players of the Year: Parsons and Bland.

The team also had 9 Pro Bowlers.

The team will have a pair of IR's that are good to strong players returning this next season. There also should be enough flex to correct the status of the offensive line, defensive line, and linebackers. The free agency could be addressed for a running back of value..

This leaves the picture today, of McCarthy leading his team and it could also be a stronger team yet for next season. This is football, that is maximizing momentum and thus rhythm.

The excuse of 30 years isn't a picture of the path traveled. It is an excuse to name, blame, and grab upon a whipping boy excuse to excuse a fan's own and personalized disappointments. That, although is not a snapshot for actual functions nor
potentials for real success.

Where is Cleveland? Where are the Steelers? Where is New England? Why has it taken Detroit to now to even make a NFC Championship Game? How come Buffalo doesn't have a Super Bowl? What happened to Cincinnati? All the way around ... drafts, injury, cap management and equality in talent levels all affect today's game and when a single game is played in the playoffs, a lot of things in a one match-up can affect a team and a single game. Momentum and resulting rhythm is what wins and loses in the playoffs.

Over the past 10 seasons, the team has 6 seasons with 10 or more wins in those seasons. That is NOT walking blindly.

The Dallas Cowboys are fully into winning and are walking the path to honestly win. The team is loved by it's players and that has never changed. Both owners upheld the principals to be respected by fans as well. The current Cowboys experienced the changes that progressed through the changes in sport. It has received a lot of NFL bias since the very beginning. Two honest owners struggled to succeed despite having to overcome all in their path. That I still respect and am glad to say I respect that foundation ethics.

I'm not ashamed to say at least, thank you Jerry. I'll watch and not blame on the level of just winning it all. I'll at least acknowledge that the team is at the level of play off competitor and hope direction of team will still continue making progress in it's own pathway and successes.

I at least won't stigmatize my Dallas Cowboys by saying they don't deserve my respect. Sorry, I'm also loyal.

I'm not missing facts or narrow in view as well. I note deficiencies and strengths. I also give a more current view on an achievement window.

I won't go through the Hatfield and McCoy measures in disagreement. I believe in athletic abilities as well as gained knowledge of a man in the business. I don't believe that insult is the path to satisfaction. Critical? That is part, but insult is simply wrong.
I would say it took Jerry, Jimmy, the Herschel Walker trade and No Salary cap.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Don't ignore the facts presented here. Jimmy got no other team to the standard the Cowboys were during the years that he was Dallas. Nor have many others more recently.

Fact is it took both Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson, both. Not just Jimmy Johnson. The two of them worked the success level until Jimmy was fired for non-team reasons. I'm not going to negotiate a court action to determine who was in fact responsible for their seperation.

Now, as is being ignored, the difference between when Jimmy Johnson was in Dallas and when he was in Miami, was the roster.

If one has taken a monotone approach, he has done little more but blame all failures upon Jerry. The point is that Jerry moved mountains to get Jimmy all the talent needed to travel the path and strength to win a Super Bowl.

Murchison ran out of money trying to do the same with Landry and finally had to sell the team. That had nothing to do with blaming all upon Jerry Jones. Spending the necessary money flow killed the Murchison ownership even with his Father being one of the very richest in the financial community in the US.

Landry, and Murchison were a great pairing as long as the money held out. This is the functional element not given credit in looking back. Landry was a strong coach. He demanded discipline and developed techniques to excell in the NFL. Money and his management carried his teams.

The difference between Jimmy and today's Mike McCarthy is that today's players are spoiled as to their values in a cap era along with the limited cap flexability in today's NFL. Not having a cap allowed build up of the rosters to the Johnson two Super Bowls.

Jimmy could replace a large number of drafted players with the Herchel Walker surplus of draft picks and trades of that number. That and paying for specific players who were free agents. Hey, Jimmy forged the way and with cast offs from other teams and unknowns in the draft. That was the seperator. But that took both as Jerry was moving mountains for the team to even survive those formative years. But then, the cap and team equalizers entered the picture.

After Parcells, Stephen realized that in cap management, that the Cowboys could no longer pay free agents to build with, just as did Washington. Stephen held the line and Jerry then built up a top shelf Scouting Group to build continuity in the draft. This gave Dallas a strong ability to conduct and gain an influx of NFL strengths and dependability to fill out rosters with good players.

The Cowboys are good at doing just that now. They have two players in contention for Offensive Players of the Year: Lamb and Prescott. They also have two players in contention for Defensive Players of the Year: Parsons and Bland.

The team also had 9 Pro Bowlers.

The team will have a pair of IR's that are good to strong players returning this next season. There also should be enough flex to correct the status of the offensive line, defensive line, and linebackers. The free agency could be addressed for a running back of value..

This leaves the picture today, of McCarthy leading his team and it could also be a stronger team yet for next season. This is football, that is maximizing momentum and thus rhythm.

The excuse of 30 years isn't a picture of the path traveled. It is an excuse to name, blame, and grab upon a whipping boy excuse to excuse a fan's own and personalized disappointments. That, although is not a snapshot for actual functions nor
potentials for real success.

Where is Cleveland? Where are the Steelers? Where is New England? Why has it taken Detroit to now to even make a NFC Championship Game? How come Buffalo doesn't have a Super Bowl? What happened to Cincinnati? All the way around ... drafts, injury, cap management and equality in talent levels all affect today's game and when a single game is played in the playoffs, a lot of things in a one match-up can affect a team and a single game. Momentum and resulting rhythm is what wins and loses in the playoffs.

Over the past 10 seasons, the team has 6 seasons with 10 or more wins in those seasons. That is NOT walking blindly.

The Dallas Cowboys are fully into winning and are walking the path to honestly win. The team is loved by it's players and that has never changed. Both owners upheld the principals to be respected by fans as well. The current Cowboys experienced the changes that progressed through the changes in sport. It has received a lot of NFL bias since the very beginning. Two honest owners struggled to succeed despite having to overcome all in their path. That I still respect and am glad to say I respect that foundation ethics.

I'm not ashamed to say at least, thank you Jerry. I'll watch and not blame on the level of just winning it all. I'll at least acknowledge that the team is at the level of play off competitor and hope direction of team will still continue making progress in it's own pathway and successes.

I at least won't stigmatize my Dallas Cowboys by saying they don't deserve my respect. Sorry, I'm also loyal.

I'm not missing facts or narrow in view as well. I note deficiencies and strengths. I also give a more current view on an achievement window.

I won't go through the Hatfield and McCoy measures in disagreement. I believe in athletic abilities as well as gained knowledge of a man in the business. I don't believe that insult is the path to satisfaction. Critical? That is part, but insult is simply wrong.
CC I was loyal too. Cried as a little kid from Buffalo after the Ice Bowl. Could not go to my college classes after The Catch and lioed the 70’s and 90’s.

But I refuse to be held hostage any longer by a man who reaps the benefits of my fandom then shrugs at his own incompetency simply because of ego.

Only Charlotte can change the culture and I’m praying she’s next in line. If not don’t hold your breath.

We are not getting any younger.

I know you don’t want to debate nor do I and u admit you are a better man than me fir your loyalty but I had to say something.