Twitter: Go Get Quinnen Williams: Available

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would not complain to get Williams, not nothing higher than a 3rd round. Prefer a 4th round.
If we can trade Griffen even for a 6th or 7th it would help offset that pick.

But if it don't happen, not going to concern myself over it either. I like having the picks. They can move around in the draft better, or just stay put, and get a decent player.
Both would be for the future anyway.
Williams is not however a player to come in and make a year changing impact anyway, so would you want another player like that? That is why I lean more to keeping the draft pick. But as I said I won't complain if a 4th, or maybe a 3rd round.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We’d be trading a top 5-10 pick for him and he isn’t worth it. Better to have flexibility with the pick. I’d rather have a LB or OT in the first.

Yea but we're not talking about a first, at least I'm not......I'm thinking 2021 3rd and 2022 conditional 3rd

blueblood70

Reaction score

we could go get Aaron Donald and Suh added right now and that OL and QB could not score 10 points..

so we would lose 13-10, 7-3 every game

if we still had an Ol that even resembled our starters and dak, sure go boost the Defense..It doesnt matter now..i guess if you looked toward 2021 maybe..

BTW how do you know that this guy is any better then our expectations we had with Mccoy, Griffen, Asmith, Poe, HaHa ,and gregory...it didn't work

i know hes younger but Jerry tried bringing in a new revamped Dl and before game 1 we were , well most fans., expecting a lot more then we got..

Bringing in potential doesnt mean its fixed..so we give up draft picks for potential? cant we get potential in the draft? what do they want for him?

Anae and Hill also have potential..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ughhh, Fitzpatrick.......what a steal!

What was funny is before they even announced he was available I was on the forum saying that I wish we could go get him. Then like a week later they announce he was up for trade.

A few on here didn't want him but Miami was not playing him to his strengths at all.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Yea but we're not talking about a first, at least I'm not......I'm thinking 2021 3rd and 2022 conditional 3rd

He was the third pick in the draft a year and a half ago. Jets aren’t letting him go for less than a first.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Guys look at this way.......It's like buying a car that's only a year old ( 2019). The only difference from a brand new one is one-year depreciable value, saving you a few 1000s. Jets paid max but now wanna unload him......hell yea I'm all over him for the right price.

Rayman70

Reaction score
a 4th and a player. I woudn't be opposed to trading Jaylon or Woods with a 4th for this kid.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
we could go get Aaron Donald and Suh added right now and that OL and QB could not score 10 points..

so we would lose 13-10, 7-3 every game

if we still had an Ol that even resembled our starters and dak, sure go boost the Defense..It doesnt matter now..i guess if you looked toward 2021 maybe..

BTW how do you know that this guy is any better then our expectations we had with Mccoy, Griffen, Asmith, Poe, HaHa ,and gregory...it didn't work

i know hes younger but Jerry tried bringing in a new revamped Dl and before game 1 we were , well most fans., expecting a lot more then we got..

Bringing in potential doesnt mean its fixed..so we give up draft picks for potential? cant we get potential in the draft? what do they want for him?

Anae and Hill also have potential..
Draft picks are ALL about potential. No players drafted are guaranteed

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Getting this kid would have little to do with 2020 but more of filling a major void over the next 3-4 years.
Said before, I'd gladly give them 2021 3rd and 2022 conditional 3rd........this isn't a 1-year rental.

Exactly.

People fall into the trap of coveting draft picks rather than accumulating actual talent.

Q. Williams is a proven young talent (still just 22 years old). You would be trading maybe a 2nd-3rd round pick for a known commodity.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Exactly.

People fall into the trap of coveting draft picks rather than accumulating actual talent.

Q. Williams is a proven young talent (still just 22 years old). You would be trading maybe a 2nd-3rd round pick for a known commodity.

Bingo!!!!! Look at this way......we burned a 2nd for Trysten Hill. This kid is way better......

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't believe this rumor but it is an interesting argument. No, Williams is not going to help the Cowboys in 2020. Nothing would. But he is 22 and has 3 years left on his rookie contract so getting him would be like making your draft pick today instead of in April. Even if the Cowboys were lucky in the 2021 draft and a top DT falls to them i the 2nd round, he is not going to be effective in 2021. Look at the top DTs taken in 2020. Brown and Kinlaw are fighting for playing time. Probably the most effective DT coming out of the 2020 draft right now is Davon Hamilton. He is not dominating but he is plugging the gaps because he is big and strong. Quinnen Williams comes with experience and is ready to reach his potential now.

If the Jets are foolish enough to give him up for a 2nd round pick, even a pick in the top of the round the Cowboys would be dumb not to make the deal. Then they can use their first pick to either trade down for more picks or to grab a LB who can actually make plays.