Twitter: Go Get Quinnen Williams: Available

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The Jets have seemed to be in rebuilding tank mode for a while and keep trading any good piece they have. At some point you have to keep building blocks. They're truly are a model franchise.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Ughhh, Fitzpatrick.......what a steal!
I think we could have gotten him cheaper than the Steelers, who are in the Dolphins' conference.

THAT was the one (big fish) that got away.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
What was funny is before they even announced he was available I was on the forum saying that I wish we could go get him. Then like a week later they announce he was up for trade.

A few on here didn't want him but Miami was not playing him to his strengths at all.

He was a stud throughout high school and into college. He was the heart of Bama's defense. We should have gone for him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Thats my bad i forget im dealing with southerners. So take 100m divide by 5 and what do you get? Its 20m.

How its structured are 2 totally separate things

Well, yes I suppose you did forget but never the less, his cap hit is 22 mil. in 22/23/24. He's an UFA in 25. His cap hit in 20 was 12 mil. So you see, while his new contract might have been 100 mil over 5 years, it's really about how it's structured and what's left to pay.

I know you like to play it off like we are a bunch of hay seeds but you really should get off that. You just aint very good at it.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Well, yes I suppose you did forget but never the less, his cap hit is 22 mil. in 22/23/24. He's an UFA in 25. His cap hit in 20 was 12 mil. So you see, while his new contract might have been 100 mil over 5 years, it's really about how it's structured and what's left to pay.

I know you like to play it off like we are a bunch of hay seeds but you really should get off that. You just aint very good at it.
The numbers don't lie and neither did this conversation.
Just assume then that Gallup's new deal will have the same structure as cooper's just 2m less every year. Does that make you feel better?

kevm3

Reaction score
I'm just resigned to the fact we won't make any real moves in FA. We just have to be satisfied with 'bargains' that won't be on the team a few weeks later

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The numbers don't lie and neither did this conversation.
Just assume then that Gallup's new deal will have the same structure as cooper's just 2m less every year. Does that make you feel better?

The numbers don't lie. What do the numbers say? His cap hit, over the next 3 seasons is 22 mil.

I don't know what Gallup's next contract will be, neither do you but if it makes you feel better to believe that you do, that's fine with me. How you feeling now?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The numbers don't lie. What do the numbers say? His cap hit, over the next 3 seasons is 22 mil.

I don't know what Gallup's next contract will be, neither do you but if it makes you feel better to believe that you do, that's fine with me. How you feeling now?
Man you stay in your feelings every time someone disagrees with you.....

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

How much do you think Gallup will get paid per year on his next contract?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
How much do you think Gallup will get paid per year on his next contract?

As I said earlier, I would not put it past the team to have set this up so that the WR who will play for the best deal will be the one who stays. The window to get out of the contract with Cooper and the new deal for Gallup is the same year, I believe. I think it might all come down to that so with the shrinking Salary Cap, it's likely going to effect any future contracts. I honestly can't say what his contract will be but that's kinda the point I'm trying to make. To many variables to account for.

Upcoming TV contracts will effect all of this as well and you are wrong, ratings are down by 10% across the board right now. That's going to effect the numbers as well. If Cooper renegotiates in 21, then he might be kept and Gallup might be the guy on the outside looking in. If he doesn't, then it could very well be Gallup over Cooper.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
As I said earlier, I would not put it past the team to have set this up so that the WR who will play for the best deal will be the one who stays. The window to get out of the contract with Cooper and the new deal for Gallup is the same year, I believe. I think it might all come down to that so with the shrinking Salary Cap, it's likely going to effect any future contracts. I honestly can't say what his contract will be but that's kinda the point I'm trying to make. To many variables to account for.

Upcoming TV contracts will effect all of this as well and you are wrong, ratings are down by 10% across the board right now. That's going to effect the numbers as well. If Cooper renegotiates in 21, then he might be kept and Gallup might be the guy on the outside looking in. If he doesn't, then it could very well be Gallup over Cooper.
Lol you think the players are going to lowball eachother? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. You are delusional. Is this Jerry? Or cheapy cheap stephen jones?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Lol you think the players are going to lowball eachother? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. You are delusional. Is this Jerry? Or cheapy cheap stephen jones?

I feel like I'm spelling this stuff out right. Is this a reading thing or what? I think Cooper won't get a 100 mil contract over 5 years from anybody else in the league. I think we don't know what Gallup might get because it will be based on the numbers he posts over the next season or two.

I think you have been shown to be wrong on every single point you've made thus far and that's why you make this post, with no substance but a lot of LOL stuff in caps. I think you throw Jerry and Stephen in here in a weak attempt to misdirect.

I think you are about done in this conversation if you don't bring some facts to the table because while I will tolerate some back and forth, I will not waste a whole lot of time on you because you are on the losing end of this discussion.

It's a Southern thing maybe.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score