Go get Suh now

HanD

Reaction score
But they were down big all game. They were having success running but got away from it. They averaged nearly 5 yards a carry for the game.

The d made big plays when they had to. But u cant always count on those turnovers to occur. If we face the niners again the run d is going to tested over and over again

Looking at the box scores, in the second half they ran 14 pass plays and 12 run plays. they didn't get away from running. overall hurts threw 27 times and they ran it 23 times for 4.6 ypc.

they were within two scores until 9 minutes left in the game.

Acheman08

Reaction score
That's not true. This is not Suh from 7 years ago. He played 1T last year also and is more a clogger than penetrator now. I think he'd make a fine signing if he wants to play and if Hankins is indeed out for a while.
I agree. Its not my money so why not?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
If Suh is anything close to game shape, getting him would be a really good idea. Much more impactful given the injury situation and lack of depth than the Shaq Leonard signing that we put a lot of time into.

Rotating Hankins and Suh in the playoffs at 1T would be real nice.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
That's not true. This is not Suh from 7 years ago. He played 1T last year also and is more a clogger than penetrator now. I think he'd make a fine signing if he wants to play and if Hankins is indeed out for a while.
Linval Joseph was the NT they signed.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Linval Joseph was the NT they signed.
So the term rotation comes into play, no? You know Joseph played 10 snaps a game down the stretch and Davis not too much more, right?
What did Hargrave and Cox play? They both played over 40 snaps in the SB. They weren't on defense for 90 snaps. At this point in his career Suh would be mostly a 1T for the Cowboys if he were to be signed and Hankins was out

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL at people getting visibly upset over the suggestion of adding Suh.

If Hankins is out for an extended period here, we are thin at DT. Makes perfect sense to bring in another DT for depth.
Yeah I don’t get the gripes. Nothing wrong with some veteran insurance. Everyone wanted Shaq Leonard now some fans are acting like they are too good for Suh?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
not sure better option for now? Pay some owner under the table to cut one their dl players? Do something jerry!! Buffalo is gonna run all over us.
Buffalo's running game is about the same as Philly's. That's not to say the Cowboy's run defense doesn't worry me some, but the Philly game showed it's not automatic that a good running game will dominate the Cowboys.

As for Suh, he hasn't played all year, and barely played in 2022, so there is no way he could be ready for any meaningful playing time or impact by next week. At this point there isn't any certainty he is capable of even getting to that point over time.