Godzilla 2014

Craig

Reaction score
I went on...Sunday? Maybe Monday, I can't remember which, but I liked it a lot. I think I had realistic expectations for the movie, so use that statement to color the "liked it a lot" statement. I heard that they signed on to do a trilogy, so here is hoping for some take on Mothra to satisfy my Godzilla needs.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mecha Godzilla please =( Even though it wouldn't really fit into the newest universe.

I'm still upset that hollywood is still unable to create a Godzilla "Atomic Breath" That looks better than the originals. This breath was far too thin and fiery looking. It should fill his entire mouth when it comes out and make things disintegrate. It's atomic friggan energy.

We've certainly made Godzilla look, better, as the old movies look SO dated, but the new fire Breath doesn't have anything on this

at the 40 second mark. THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD LOOK

I agree with the atomic breath.

If you were to peg some of the details that have made Godzilla such a long-lasting icon, the atomic breath would be right up near the top. And actually I think the glowing dorsal fin may even rank slightly higher... I mean the whole fire-breathing dragon thing has been around a long time, but whoever said at that early production meeting for the first movie "Hey, when Godzilla uses his atomic breath, let's have his dorsal fin glow at the same time!"

That was just shear brilliance.

The other thing that makes Godzilla... well Godzilla?

The roar.

And that roar was almost lost to history because in the second Godzilla flick "Gigantis-The Fire Monster" the famous Godzilla roar is not used. Instead you have two creatures that sound the same... Ugh.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have more or less confirmed it as a trilogy. There was a FB vote the other day on what monster people wanted to see in the sequel and there was a lot of votes for King Ghidorah

King Ghidorah is another of those brilliant decisions made by someone at Toho.

After Toho had used 3 different monsters to battle with Godzilla, an "armadillo" type of creature (Angullas), King Kong (a horrible costume), and Mothra, Toho really did not have the "secret sauce" when it came to creating the ultimate foe... And whoever came up with the King Ghidorah design-- Wow! A 3-headed dragon, with two tails– and "lightning" breath. Brilliant!

Reactions: Ren

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I agree with the atomic breath.

If you were to peg some of the details that have made Godzilla such a long-lasting icon, the atomic breath would be right up near the top. And actually I think the glowing dorsal fin may even rank slightly higher... I mean the whole fire-breathing dragon thing has been around a long time, but whoever said at that early production meeting for the first movie "Hey, when Godzilla uses his atomic breath, let's have his dorsal fin glow at the same time!"

That was just shear brilliance.

The other thing that makes Godzilla... well Godzilla?

The roar.

And that roar was almost lost to history because in the second Godzilla flick "Gigantis-The Fire Monster" the famous Godzilla roar is not used. Instead you have two creatures that sound the same... Ugh.

I still put on that film when I'm depressed- the dubbing of that one in particular always makes me smile through it's terrible entirety.
Rodan is a close second. Great terrible dubbing, but a much better film than Gigantis...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still put on that film when I'm depressed- the dubbing of that one in particular always makes me smile through it's terrible entirety.
Rodan is a close second. Great terrible dubbing, but a much better film than Gigantis...

I very much like Rodan.

You figure it was made only a year after "Gigantis" and two years after "Godzilla", but the production values and it being a color film (with very vivid colors) makes it a great watch in my opinion.

It's hard to believe the studio that gave us "Rodan" unloaded "Varan The Unbelievable" on us two years later, which is complete junk... except that the monster is kinda cool.