Goff traded for Stafford

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Rams are idiots. Two firsts, a third for, and Goff, for Stafford?

Surely we can get two firsts for Dak now?

I like Dak, but if we could get two firsts, a third, and a Goff-level QB for Dak, I would say DO IT! The Lions fleeced the Rams. Now the Lions will have two years in a row of 2 first-round picks, plus that third. Plus Goff. They can draft the best QB available and have him compete with Goff. Maybe that lights a fire under Goff's bum and he plays lights out as the elite he was originally expected to be, and you have a talented rookie backing him up. Or maybe the rookie emerges as the elite with Goff backing him up as one of the best backups in the league. Then there are still those other draft picks that could be used on outstanding defensive players.

If the Lions draft well, look out. That's a big "if", of course, but the Lions have a shot at becoming an outstanding team. The Rams are getting a very capable quarterback, but one in his thirties whom they'll need to replace not that long from now unless Stafford pulls a Tom Brady and can go into his 40s (unlikely). Seems the Rams may have joined the Minnesota Vikings School of NFL Trading.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The Gurley contract was stupid, for sure. And Goff turned into a fumble-pumpkin, so sure that contract was a bad one.

But at the end of the day: 43-21 since McVay arrived. Stupid is as stupid does. A .672 win-loss mark doNtt luk sttpood.

Looks pretty stupid from here. They are one key injury to either Stafford or Donald from being on the major suck for about 15 years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like the Rams commitment to always going for it
Is that what this is? Because they seem to be getting worse every year since the Super Bowl year. Its like they have zero direction. I mean hell they are doing better than the Cowboys in that regard but I do not understand what they are doing. They keep mortgaging their future for the present....this is what got the Eagles in trouble.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Stafford seems to be always injured and his mobility is shot nowadays.boy wonder is going to get canned after the season for this move.

T-RO

Reaction score
ClappingCarrot posted this and got 9 likes:
"Nobody is sending picks for Matthew fricking Stafford. He'll be released and picked up."
We all post silly stuff sometimes, don't we? I've sure had my moments.

Swagger

Reaction score
Looks pretty stupid from here. They are one key injury to either Stafford or Donald from being on the major suck for about 15 years.
True. That's the risk/reward though isn't it.
I guess it depends upon your valuation of Matt Stafford. E.g. Aaron Rodgers indicates that he's one of the best out there whereas some beer guzzling fans who haven't been able to see their Johnson in over 20 years think he's a bum..gee I wonder who is in a better position to judge...

T-RO

Reaction score
Is that what this is? Because they seem to be getting worse every year since the Super Bowl year. Its like they have zero direction. I mean hell they are doing better than the Cowboys in that regard but I do not understand what they are doing. They keep mortgaging their future for the present....this is what got the Eagles in trouble.

Few thoughts:
-They had #1 rated defense this year. QB play stopped them from advancing.
-They built the most expensive sports palace in the world and then Covid landed. Big money troubles with Ram's ownership. They need to win NOW. (sale ticket$)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ouch.

There is wrong and then there is this level of wrong.
He underestimated how stupid the Rams were. It is the same team that traded 2 1st's for a cornerback. I felt the same way. I thought teams would wait for the Lions to cut Stafford. I'm trying to figure out how they fleeced the Rams to not only I've up those picks but Goff as well.

Swagger

Reaction score
ClappingCarrot posted this and got 9 likes:
"Nobody is sending picks for Matthew fricking Stafford. He'll be released and picked up."
We all post silly stuff sometimes, don't we? I've sure had my moments.
I love the cheapshot :thumbup:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Few thoughts:
-They had #1 rated defense this year. QB play stopped them from advancing.
-They built the most expensive sports palace in the world and then Covid landed. Big money troubles with Ram's ownership. They need to win NOW.
I understand all of the above which Is why I'm questioning the trade for Stafford if they want to win now?

Swagger

Reaction score
He underestimated how stupid the Rams were. It is the same team that traded 2 1st's for a cornerback. I felt the same way. I thought teams would wait for the Lions to cut Stafford. I'm trying to figure out how they fleeced the Rams to not only I've up those picks but Goff as well.
One of the firsts likely equates to dumping Goff's contract and guaranteed money.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

You are completely right! But maybe I live vicariously through them because I feel like we do nothing, think we are set and then end up in the mediocre zone another year.