Goff traded for Stafford

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If Dak is better than Goff, how many #1's could we have gotten?

Unreal. Can anyone say market reset?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The negativity that some have for Dak is so strong at this point that I'm convinced that there would be some who would accept Jerry giving up all that the Rams did for Stafford, as long as they can go around gloating about the fact of Dak being gone.

I've not seen one poster suggest anything even close to that. I don't think fans would be OK with giving up 2 first and a second and Dak for any other QB. Just like a lot of fans aren't OK with signing a horrible contract that basically backs you into a corner with your cap and forces you to look at doing deals like this one, where you give up everything to get a Stafford. Both of those scenarios are really bad. That's not what fans want IMO.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Well...I guess now we'll see if Stafford is a loser or was merely stuck on a loser franchise.

People were saying Tannehill sucked when he was buried in Miami...and some are saying that top-four Watson must suck because his team went 4-12.
I can’t get that 2014 playoff game out my head when Stafford was in his prime. The Lions whipped us up and down the field but he could not finish the Cowboys. He fumbles away the game instead. That 2014 Lions team was good. Suh and Megatron.

aria

Reaction score
Could you imagine if the Cowboys didn't have a 1st round pick for 7 straight years?

I would start cutting myself.
No zeke, no Taco, no LVE, no Lamb...oh well. I’d miss Byron (who most wouldn’t), Fred, Coop and Martin.

It wouldn’t be all that bad, especially depending on who we got in return.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Maybe I am the only one that thinks the Rams with Stafford are a scary good team. I guess we will find out. The Rams seem to believe a superstar player is worth high draft capital. Make no mistake about it, Stafford was a huge fish in a tiny pond.

Swagger

Reaction score
Maybe I am the only one that thinks the Rams with Stafford are a scary good team. I guess we will find out. The Rams seem to believe a superstar player is worth high draft capital. Make no mistake about it, Stafford was a huge fish in a tiny pond.
Agree.
They have several elite players and a quality Head Coach. Superbowl contenders for sure heading into next season.

J12B

Reaction score
Cowboys are pathetic..

Teams like the Rams capitalize on opportunities and the old men that run this team probably never even considered it.

Overpay Dak and let’s embrace our mediocre brand.

This is the worst take ever.

Think deeper and be better.

Swagger

Reaction score
Chances are they gave up two picks around 25-32. No guarantee they will be stud players and they dumped the Goff contract.

Coy

Reaction score
If the Rams make a Superbowl you don't care about the picks.

I would gladly give up 2 firsts to be playing in a Superbowl.

Problem is, does Stafford make them a SB contender?

Well, they made the SB with Goff in 2019, they reached the divisional round this year and no matter your thoughts on Stafford, I think all of us can agree he is an upgrade over Goff... They are going all in and I like it.
McVay is one of the brightest offensive minds in the game, Stafford will have a great year.