Goff traded for Stafford

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just confirms how valuable great QB and Cap room are for an NFL franchise.
Ya, these are the Playoff-bound Rams paying a bunch to have a chance to go to the next level.
We have Jerry and Dak .......no need to say anymore here!:(

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Unless the Rams win a Super Bowl with Stafford, this may go down as one of the worst trades in NFL history. Not only do you give up the QB you drafted No. 1 overall and just reupped for a whole lot of money, but also two firsts and a third? And for a quarterback who has had some recent injury problems and may be hitting that wall?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The Rams are the equivalent of the 70s Commanders.
They gave up all their first round picks for veterans and had only one Super Bowl appearance to show for it.

P.S., no team is going to offer that for Dak.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
But if Watson wants to be traded than how much higher would you have to trade to get him? Because I thought two 1st's and a 3rd would get him done....apparently all it gets you is Matthew Stafford. Hell a 1st could get you Sam Bradford a few years ago lol.

Nope ........I've been saying it's probably going to take a min three 1st for Watson. Few examples I'm hearing/reading; Bears AND Panthers are planing very aggressive offers, like to moon offers, Orlovsky (ms) suggested the Giants should offer the Texans, get this .......Barkley, QB Jones, their 2021 AND 2022 1st round picks. He says Watson is THAT good and worth ever.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Jerry, the Rams screwed up and gave Goff a huge contract. Don't make the same mistake with Dak. Do not cave like you did with Zeke. Learn your lesson. Let Dak hit the market and match any offer he might get. Jerry, you are only bidding against yourself.

robertfchew

Reaction score
Cowboys are pathetic..

Teams like the Rams capitalize on opportunities and the old men that run this team probably never even considered it.

Overpay Dak and let’s embrace our mediocre brand.

Dude they gave up 6 1's for a crap qb and a top cb that had no effect on their actual outcome despite also having the best dt in the game.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Man... Goff has been bad. Dude has been top 5 in turnovers from Mid 2018 to present day. Also outside of top 20 in TDs and QBR. For the $ he got he’s clearly been crap.

Even if he's a step back in QB, just getting the two firsts and a third alone is a great haul for Stafford.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My guess is they're thinking, hoping the moves for elite players will lead to the postseason, meaning the picks will at the bottom of the first. Someone just posted they had the #1 defense this year. Pretty sure Ramsey was a huge part of that. If you think about they're only giving up a 3rd and Goff this year (2021). Either way, they overpaid but it's trying to save some skin from the colossal mistake of drafting Goff AND giving him a huge 2nd contract THREE YEARS early.
I guess man lol....I Just don't see these moves paying off...they are going completely against the blueprint of what it takes to win in this league but who knows maybe its time for a new way to win.

KB1122

Reaction score
I will say this, when giving up first round picks .... in theory, you don't tie up so many dollars in players who can't cut it. OTOH, you don't get the plus side of that equation, either. The Commanders, when they were good, always traded out of the first round, too.

robertfchew

Reaction score
Jerry, the Rams screwed up and gave Goff a huge contract. Don't make the same mistake with Dak. Do not cave like you did with Zeke. Learn your lesson. Let Dak hit the market and match any offer he might get. Jerry, you are only bidding against yourself.

exactly. Goff had the best d in the league and still sucked, Watson is apparently the next golden boy and he still cant win, you need a full team to win in the current nfl.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Even if he's a step back in QB, just getting the two firsts and a third alone is a great haul for Stafford.
I love the move for the Lions. /I don't think much of Goff but if they can salvage him...that's the best possible deal they could get.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score

lions did their thing. Now I kinda want Watson to go to the 9ers. That division would be crazy. (Stafford, Wilson, Murray, Watson)

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Cowboys are pathetic..

Teams like the Rams capitalize on opportunities and the old men that run this team probably never even considered it.

Overpay Dak and let’s embrace our mediocre brand.
I dont know about this time Catch.
I like Stafford, but not as much as the Rams do,, thats a kings ransom.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Philly is like, dang, for a lot less you Rams could have had Wentz.

I am guessing that 5 QBs go in the first round of this year's draft. Maybe 4 or 5 more in the 2nd round. Affordable QBs are the hot commodity right now.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
lions did their thing. Now I kinda want Watson to go to the 9ers. That division would be crazy. (Stafford, Wilson, Murray, Watson)

I'd like to see Watson get his wish and end up w/ the Jets.....If I'm Houston...I'd be more than happy to start over w/ Zack Wilson as my starter and a bunch of picks.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nope ........I've been saying it's probably going to take a min three 1st for Watson. Few examples I'm hearing/reading; Bears AND Panthers are planing very aggressive offers, like to moon offers, Orlovsky (ms) suggested the Giants should offer the Texans, get this .......Barkley, QB Jones, their 2021 AND 2022 1st round picks. He says Watson is THAT good and worth ever.
Those are dumb deals too. As great as Watson is..he had 4 wins last year...thats proof you need more than just a QB but good luck to those teams lol.