Goff vs Prescott

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Number1, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

14,564 Messages
    7,136 Likes Received
    How does what motivates Dak determine what a fan knows?

2. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

14,248 Messages
    27,096 Likes Received
    You know damn well he meant a shootout vs. the Rams. You also know the Giants game wasn't a shootout. A shootout doesn't occur in just the last quarter of a game.

WillieBeamen likes this.
  3. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

7,854 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    the point was that Dak shouldn't be nor do I think he is motivated by playing against Goff, because Goff was the first pick and Dak the 4th rounder....Dak's motivation is to win, win playoffs. he doesn't care about who is on the otherside and revenge!!!! draft, draft order, etc. is for the fans......they get satisfaction that a 4th rounder beat a 1st over all pick. if Dak is motivated by that, then Dak needs to re-examine his priorities

Runwildboys likes this.
  4. Runwildboys

14,248 Messages
    27,096 Likes Received
    He was trying to make the point that Dak got in a shootout (even though it wasn't) and won, even without Zeke. If Zeke had played, Dak wouldn't have been throwing the ball as much, which means he wouldn't have gotten into a "shootout". That's how it makes sense.

5. Runwildboys

14,248 Messages
    27,096 Likes Received
    And that means what in the Giants game?

6. Romo_To_Dez

Romo_To_Dez Well-Known Member

8,061 Messages
    5,511 Likes Received
    I feel the same way, I know our defense has fallen off some in the recent weeks. But, I think they are good enough to prevent a shootout type of game. As shootout makes it sound like they are going to let the Rams easily score, every time the Rams offense gets the ball.

While I don't see the Cowboys defense completely shutting down the Rams, I do have faith in them that they won't be so bad that Dak is required to score everytime the Cowboys offense gets the ball.

Roadtrip635 likes this.
  7. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

7,738 Messages
    5,653 Likes Received
    He threw it less in the Giants game with Zeke on the Sidelines than he did against the Eagles with Zeke in the game.

Just refuting your point that he would have thrown it less if Zeke was in the game.

8. Runwildboys

14,248 Messages
    27,096 Likes Received
    If Zeke weren't in the Eagles game, he would have thrown even more. If Zeke were in the Giants game, there certainly would have been more running plays, don't you think?

9. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

7,738 Messages
    5,653 Likes Received
    Not sure. Zeke caught a lot of balls in the Eagle game, 12 to be exact.

10. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

5,449 Messages
    13,254 Likes Received
    :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Runwildboys likes this.
  11. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    7,075 Likes Received
    He cares, pretty sure he said so since he was the 8th QB taken off the board. I know Brady and Romo used their draft status as motivation throughout their careers.

12. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

32,187 Messages
    45,737 Likes Received
    Nope. Try again. Let's link the actual posts:

He is clearly referencing the Rams game upcoming. He says we are doomed (ergo, "likely can't win") if this game (the Rams game) is a shootout.

Nav22 responds with this:

His claim is clearly that we can win a shoot out with the Rams because we just won a shoot out with the Giants. There is an equivalency there that we are talking about two common opponents. My guess is Nav22 doesn't really think the Rams and Giants are comparable opponents which would mean his point wasn't a very good one.

So to try to suggest this is only about winning a shoot out in general and therefore a strawman is a misrepresentation of the conversation.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Runwildboys likes this.
  13. Runwildboys

14,248 Messages
    27,096 Likes Received
    I see your point, but do you really think we wouldn't have run more, with the #1 RB in the league playing?

14. WillieBeamen

5,449 Messages
    13,254 Likes Received
    Stop being goofy and naive

You know dam well that wasnt a shootout vs the Giants.

Romo vs the Broncos in 2013 was a shootout.

Goff vs the Rams this year was a shootout

Patriots vs Chiefs was a shootout

You also know Dak and this offense arent built for shootouts, hence saying we need our defense and running game to step up to win this game.

This Dak slobbering is nauseating. And bfore you say im just hating on dak, ive gave him several compliments over these past few weeks.

15. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

7,854 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    pretty sure? is there a link somewhere that he said that? and it maybe general motivation, but at some point it doesn't matter...... what's his motivation against Saints? Brees was drafted in the second round, 18 years ago?

16. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

7,391 Messages
    5,130 Likes Received
    36-35 isn’t a shootout???

Hahahahahahhhhahaaha

Dak passed 40+ times in 2 games this season.

He finished with 455 and 387 pass yards in those 2 games. 7 TD passes combined.

We won both games.

RJ_MacReady likes this.
  17. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

908 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    land of the giants, (dating myself)

RJ_MacReady likes this.
  18. WillieBeamen

5,449 Messages
    13,254 Likes Received
    No, it isnt

19. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

3,556 Messages
    2,766 Likes Received
    Question for the Zoners

I read that Goff gets to the line 15 seconds early so that McVay could help him out with pre-snap reads. Does JG or Linehan do that with Dak?

20. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

7,391 Messages
    5,130 Likes Received
    LOL, yeah okay.

Let me guess: Dak’s also not clutch despite people saying that he is, right?

RJ_MacReady likes this.