Goff vs Prescott

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Number1, Jan 7, 2019.

1. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

5,737 Messages
    14,022 Likes Received
    You liked a post where I clearly said he was clutch. Stop playing.

Nav22 likes this.
  2. charleshaleyfan94

charleshaleyfan94 Well-Known Member

424 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    This is where our Coaching has failed to step it up and escalate the team in playoff form. Yes, you do the things you do well that brought you to the dance. But... there is where the foot hits the pedal for JG and where he has failed before.. he MUST draw plays in the dirt when teams have us figured out and stop what we do to elevate this team (especially on O). Kickers all year have been shaky when the game is on the line. I do not want it to come down to field goal at the end. The Boys are going to have to score in all phases and be relentless. I have that much respect for McVay (and fear of his Coaching ability). He is fearless and bold. It is why I love McVay so much.. and never dreamed we would be squared off against him this week.

3. Number1

Number1 Well-Known Member

1,003 Messages
    790 Likes Received
    i see nothing magical about McKay and he faces a monster problem to overcome - better athletes.

there's no brilliant scheme here just a WCO with a great RB

as for scheming up plays ... more and more that is is on Dak at the LOS

it's stunning to me many define coaching as a schemers job, nope

the most successful teams ever was focused on execution and weren't out to trick anyone, there was nothing tricky about Brown's Browns, Lombardi's Pack, Noel's Steelers, Landry's Boys, Walsh's 49ers, Jimmy's Boys, or the sometimes awesome Pats ... they lined up and did their thing. With great athletes and execution,

more than anything else football is about intensity - I don't see much of that in the Rams

I'm far more concerned with Sue and Donald than McVay and Goff

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  4. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

34,129 Messages
    48,413 Likes Received
    Dude

5. Number1

Number1 Well-Known Member

1,003 Messages
    790 Likes Received
    IMO, you may in for a big surprise. JG is gonna get Dak out of the pocket away from the interior rush. Expect big plays.

Goff probably takes a beating in the pocket hoping his WRs get open quick vs better athletes.

Under pressure Goff ain't too good.

BTW, if the when considering what a QB can do in a shoot out ... look at their 2 min numbers

6. charleshaleyfan94

424 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    I just have not been able to predict what the Boys will do all year.. and this game is no exception.

7. charleshaleyfan94

424 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    Respectfully disagree. Landry had every trick in the book forever stored in that hat he wore. Saw it up close and front center as a child.

8. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

1,847 Messages
    2,432 Likes Received
    This post is aging well

It's a shootout and we have 15

Rams would have 37 if Ebukam didn't drop a gift pick 6

9. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

7,595 Messages
    5,368 Likes Received
    LOL. Your tears will taste delicious when Dak signs his new deal.