Goff vs Prescott

silvrNblue

Reaction score
So, if we win the players get credit. But you blame coaching when we lose?
Go back and read my edit, 1st off in a word, yes I blame 90 to 95 % on the coaches. For a lot of reasons but the obvious being piss poor game planning, no imagination for play calling, running a team with the mind set of, we just do what we do, only we HAVE to do it better or ......why you think ole Garrett sounds like a broken record after each loss or win for that matter talking to the melon heads in the media? Uh well I saw some things, somethings we did really good, we need to go back and clean up some things. We didn't really 'execute", I can say more after I watch the tape... good grief how about, "we'll we sucked at play calling, we were to predictable in that on both sides of the ball. or better yet, well we failed the players by NOT making adjustments to a 6 sack DE unching our QB in the mouth all day?? See a TON of blame can be put on these coaches, specifically the choir boy Garrett. Do I blame the players, yea I do, but they play as they are led...

Rayman70

Reaction score
wentz isn't better than Dak. The stats prove this out. Wentz cant stay healthy...that's a big factor too. Dak is durable and getting better. Sky is the limit for Dak.Wentz may have already hit his ceiling...which is why the Iggles are trying to keep Foles..AGAIN.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It's simple math, well simple for us.

Let's take the 6 attempts difference between Wentz and Dak

It would only take five games, for Wentz throw an entire games worth more of passes. The math is 6x5=30(amount of passes Dak attempts a game).

So for every five games each player is healthy Wentz has an entire games worth more of passes. Making the difference in missed games more negligable when comparing raw stats. There you go. It's simple for the rest of us but hopefully this clears it up for you.

Right, and if Goff played in those 10 games he missed it would have (in theory) been just 20 passes more, which doesn’t even equate to a single game.

Of course you didn’t want to mention that did you.

Your theory is bunk.

Meanwhile, in reality. Goff has thrown just 2 less TDs than Dak in 10 less games.

So your next move is to act like you weren’t talking about Goff at all and that you were focused on the Wentz/Dak comp. the whole time.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Right, and over the course of the 10 games Goff didn’t play in it would be 20 passes more which doesn’t even equate to a single game.

Of course you didn’t want to mention that did you.

Your theory is bunk.

Even though it single handedly thwarted what you were claiming, my "theory is bunk" lmao.

Alright kiddo, whatever.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Yea whatever you say, he should be throwing the rock not running it we have a RB for that

So, question. Say we "somehow" make it into the Superbowl. 16 seconds left on the clock. Dallas has the ball and were down 6 on the opponent's 15 yard line. Corners and Safeties are teaming our WR's and linebackers are waiting for Zeke. Dak should just throw the ball and not run it because, "That's not what QB's do?". Really dumb thinking... QB's and the team get paid to win no matter how they do it.

blumayne38

Reaction score
No, we pay him to do both because he can.

Stop couching his qb play so that Goff can try and keep up with him because he doesn't have the same talent.

So ridiculous.
Whatever you say, mike Vick won a whole bunch of Super Bowls along with cam newton and warren moon. Oh don’t forget Vince young he won a whole bunch :rolleyes: QBs throw and RBs run. If we wanna run into the end zone hand it off

J12B

Reaction score
Yeah, what aren’t you computing?

You’re looking at raw totals (pass TDs, yards, total TDs, etc.) but not accounting for the fact the other two QBs have played 8-10 less games than Dak as if that doesn’t effect their sum totals.

Yeah, Goff wasn't NFL ready his rookie year and Wentz has had a couple of injuries that has caused him to miss significant time as a QB.

That's more of a positive towards Dak's case. He was NFL ready and has not missed a single game since entering the league as a 4th round comp pick.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So, question. Say we "somehow" make it into the Superbowl. 16 seconds left on the clock. Dallas has the ball and were down 6 on the opponent's 15 yard line. Corners and Safeties are teaming our WR's and linebackers are waiting for Zeke. Dak should just throw the ball and not run it because, "That's not what QB's do?". Really dumb thinking... QB's and the team get paid to win no matter how they do it.

Instead of just moving on from a dumb thing he said earlier in the thread he's digging himself deeper and deeper.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Yeah okay when we get there and this situation pops up we’ll talk then

CWR

Reaction score
Whatever you say, mike Vick won a whole bunch of Super Bowls along with cam newton and warren moon. Oh don’t forget Vince young he won a whole bunch :rolleyes: QBs throw and RBs run. If we wanna run into the end zone hand it off

Nobody said he had to run and run alone. Its another tool in his tool chest. Its asinine to disregard that part of his game.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Instead of just moving on from a dumb thing he said earlier in the thread he's digging himself deeper and deeper.
Why you so mad dude? You want Dak to run so fine he does he runs and sometimes it works. But he’s a QB and they are paid to throw get over it

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Why you so mad dude? You want Dak to run so fine he does he runs and sometimes it works. But he’s a QB and they are paid to throw get over it

I'm not at all mad? I think the stuff you and Caly say is funny.

QBs are paid to make plays and win, you can accept it or not, doesnt bother me if you get over it or not

blumayne38

Reaction score
Nobody said he had to run and run alone. Its another tool in his tool chest. Its asinine to disregard that part of his game.
Exactly no one said that and neither did I, I only said he is a QB and they are paid to throw the football and they should be passing the football making quick decisions and accurate passes.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Yeah okay when we get there and this situation pops up we’ll talk then

That's your only reaction? We'll talk about it then? Not even going to attempt to refute what you said? If you're so sure about what you stated before, you should be able to back it up now, not then/later. This reply just shows that you obviously don't have enough to back up the statement that you were so bold to comment in this forum.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Go back and read my edit, 1st off in a word, yes I blame 90 to 95 % on the coaches. For a lot of reasons but the obvious being piss poor game planning, no imagination for play calling, running a team with the mind set of, we just do what we do, only we HAVE to do it better or ......why you think ole Garrett sounds like a broken record after each loss or win for that matter talking to the melon heads in the media? Uh well I saw some things, somethings we did really good, we need to go back and clean up some things. We didn't really 'execute", I can say more after I watch the tape... good grief how about, "we'll we sucked at play calling, we were to predictable in that on both sides of the ball. or better yet, well we failed the players by NOT making adjustments to a 6 sack DE unching our QB in the mouth all day?? See a TON of blame can be put on these coaches, specifically the choir boy Garrett. Do I blame the players, yea I do, but they play as they are led...
But they were led to more wins than losses?

CWR

Reaction score
Exactly no one said that and neither did I, I only said he is a QB and they are paid to throw the football and they should be passing the football making quick decisions and accurate passes.

You also seem to want to disregard his running game. Sometimes running the ball is a qbs best option. It sure as hell helped vs Seattle in the playoffs didnt it?