Going forward, I would like to believe in Zeke

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do you even know what the word "ironic" means?
Don't be like one of those college players who toss words around without knowing what the word means.
You must be a rapper.
is that all you have your responses are weak and tiresome.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
you mean like only ONE(1) NFL runner did all last season?? Taylor thats it ONLY RB to eclipse 1300 yards Odd zeke must be the best back to make fans happy..he is only ONE(1)of SEVEN(7) NFL backs last year to be at or over 1k../odd huh..1400 is quite good compered to today's NFL standard.zeke was on one leg and finished 7th, his line, his OC, his team has not been 2016 version..get that straight.

zeke came out of the gate balling the first half pre-injury last season. get over it..zeke s still pretty good..

You be happy with 1k yards I expect more. How about this, just be better than his backup who looked better than him at times. highest paid running back but let’s be happy with average results compared to the rest of the NFL. Was he even a top 10 running back last year??

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you even know what the word "ironic" means?
Don't be like one of those college players who toss words around without knowing what the word means.
You must be a rapper.
Do YOU even know what a "civilized gentleman" means? or Fine Modern Gentleman?

You are so obsessed with your schtick....you toss around insults that conflict with your schtick.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You be happy with 1k yards I expect more. How about this, just be better than his backup who looked better than him at times. highest paid running back but let’s be happy with average results compared to the rest of the NFL. Was he even a top 10 running back last year??
"looked better"

Because you don't know the two guys have different jobs.

You think what you LOOK at....means you understand football and what it takes. Why don't you have your own team then..since you know so much?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
is that all you have your responses are weak and tiresome.

Listen, feel free to post your angry junior high sheet.

But when you have embarrassing run-on sentence as like tha, you're getting on the fighting side of me.:mad:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Do YOU even know what a "civilized gentleman" means? or Fine Modern Gentleman?

You are so obsessed with your schtick....you toss around insults that conflict with your schtick.

Look, genius, "civilized gentleman" is redundant. Or dunna you know tha? Or are your male relatives "uncivilized gentlemen"?
Also ...
You're a fine modern gentleman but your dancing at the pride parade was excessive.

Where did you hear those terms, in the drunk tank?:muttley:

JonesBoys

Reaction score
"looked better"

Because you don't know the two guys have different jobs.

You think what you LOOK at....means you understand football and what it takes. Why don't you have your own team then..since you know so much?
Apparently you are the football expert. I go with eyeball test. One gets to edge and hole quicker and has big gains the other doesn't. One makes defenders miss the other doesn't. But maybe I can get to your level of expertise someday and understand they both have two different jobs lol. News flash, they both need to get as many yards as possible with the ball in their hands.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently you are the football expert. I go with eyeball test. One gets to edge and hole quicker and has big gains the other doesn't. One makes defenders miss the other doesn't. But maybe I can get to your level of expertise someday and understand they both have two different jobs lol. News flash, they both need to get as many yards as possible with the ball in their hands.
No...I'm no expert. But maybe there's more than JUST "eye test" (which I do subscribe to, to a point).

Running backs have to GENERALLY follow the play that is called. I posted Tony's highlights, and you can see his plays are designed to vector away from "the middle". He is the change of pace back....and doesn't run the same plays that are called for Zeke.

Rightly so. Tony has good speed and elusiveness. Zeke can pound them into submission if we have a good line and good play calling. But we don't...so Tony's designed plays do LOOK better! Away from our weakness. Zeke can't run those plays when they aren't called.

This is all I am asking...to take a little deeper look. I'm not saying Zeke can look like 2016...of course not...very few ever did/do. But if we are going to ask Zeke to run between the guards....we have to do a better job blocking and play-calling.

We need both Zeke and Tony.

blueblood70

Reaction score
actually, preinjury zeke was by eyes or by smell, taste, and sound better then pollard.. they both run different plays and one does have the milage and reps on his legs and gets to come in to soft and less zeroed in defenses. Teams still respect Zeke even if fans do not.. they are not at this time game planning or respecting pollards game they don't overload boxes and send a guy to spy pollard .. hes never been a starter and many backups like meat on the bone Randal and others have had similar productions as a BACKUP. Its pretty known fact that change of pace backups will seemingly look better in short carry situations..they aren't being worked hard..

we can enjoy both are cowboys and stop the clueless hate on zeke he played the second half with bruised back followed by a torn PCL..beofe that ,he was second in the league in rushing and 5.1 YPC an d he was the catalyst for the 6-0 run.

so your eyes might need some help seeing rationally. No Zeke will never be 16 zeke,. since when has our OL, OC, and Coaches been at 2016 production levels? they do not play the same offense anymore started to decline when 19 oh wait that coincides with MOORE, more pass happy run basic vanilla run plays etc..

i still think zeke can be 2018 Zeke 2019 zeke would be acceptable but this team need to fix the OL, the OC needs to actually create plays for the runners as well..he seemingly just throws the run plays in to get them over with. hes a pass happy OC that we all know. He is not very creative in the run game..our OL coach also is an issue..we heard his review of his own issues last year not better disguising run and pass sets to not have defense know whats coming. they do, they hardly trick anyone, and they need to run more out of pass formations and vice versa...
yes zekes at the end of his career but pollard NOT A BETTER back not now 6 years ago not in HS i guarantee it..

when healthy, both need to play of each other they have different skill sets and we need both. As fast stop bashing one to prop up another.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Elliot is on the downside of his career. Just because he is highly paid (overpaid) does not make him an elite tailback anymore than overpaying Dak has made him an elite quarterback. Running backs are a dime a dozen. And at this point Dallas best bet in the running game is giving pollard the rock more…but they won’t.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
actually, preinjury zeke was by eyes or by smell, taste, and sound better then pollard.. they both run different plays and one does have the milage and reps on his legs and gets to come in to soft and less zeroed in defenses. Teams still respect Zeke even if fans do not.. they are not at this time game planning or respecting pollards game they don't overload boxes and send a guy to spy pollard .. hes never been a starter and many backups like meat on the bone Randal and others have had similar productions as a BACKUP. Its pretty known fact that change of pace backups will seemingly look better in short carry situations..they aren't being worked hard..

we can enjoy both are cowboys and stop the clueless hate on zeke he played the second half with bruised back followed by a torn PCL..beofe that ,he was second in the league in rushing and 5.1 YPC an d he was the catalyst for the 6-0 run.

so your eyes might need some help seeing rationally. No Zeke will never be 16 zeke,. since when has our OL, OC, and Coaches been at 2016 production levels? they do not play the same offense anymore started to decline when 19 oh wait that coincides with MOORE, more pass happy run basic vanilla run plays etc..

i still think zeke can be 2018 Zeke 2019 zeke would be acceptable but this team need to fix the OL, the OC needs to actually create plays for the runners as well..he seemingly just throws the run plays in to get them over with. hes a pass happy OC that we all know. He is not very creative in the run game..our OL coach also is an issue..we heard his review of his own issues last year not better disguising run and pass sets to not have defense know whats coming. they do, they hardly trick anyone, and they need to run more out of pass formations and vice versa...
yes zekes at the end of his career but pollard NOT A BETTER back not now 6 years ago not in HS i guarantee it..

when healthy, both need to play of each other they have different skill sets and we need both. As fast stop bashing one to prop up another.

And there in lies a big problem. If Zeke was so hurt like people claim than why would the coaching staff use Zeke more than a healthy Pollard who was clearly better in the second half?

JonesBoys

Reaction score
No...I'm no expert. But maybe there's more than JUST "eye test" (which I do subscribe to, to a point).

Running backs have to GENERALLY follow the play that is called. I posted Tony's highlights, and you can see his plays are designed to vector away from "the middle". He is the change of pace back....and doesn't run the same plays that are called for Zeke.

Rightly so. Tony has good speed and elusiveness. Zeke can pound them into submission if we have a good line and good play calling. But we don't...so Tony's designed plays do LOOK better! Away from our weakness. Zeke can't run those plays when they aren't called.

This is all I am asking...to take a little deeper look. I'm not saying Zeke can look like 2016...of course not...very few ever did/do. But if we are going to ask Zeke to run between the guards....we have to do a better job blocking and play-calling.

We need both Zeke and Tony.

I'm just saying the time is running out on Zeke because of the size of his contract. They are getting no where near the production they are paying him. Either it's injury or something else. Either way I think this is a pivotal year for Zeke. If this team and offense is going to be good this year they need better production out of Zeke.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Zeke is on the decline?
Blimey, anybody with eyes can see tha.
He and Dak are our cross to bear.

blueblood70

Reaction score
And there in lies a big problem. If Zeke was so hurt like people claim than why would the coaching staff use Zeke more than a healthy Pollard who was clearly better in the second half?
because zeke is tough and gave the tam the ok and used him with brace and because hes a better blocker that shy hes a tougher runner that's why..oh and i guess you missed the pollard foot injury as well.let the coaches coach you do what you do well and tap a keyboard LMAO.. some player who arte tough pay through injuries and zekes one fo them he could have asked to sit and didnt.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

This question has been asked and answered a dozen times.. The bottom line is Moore didn't want to run the ball anyway regardless of who was in the backfield. So if your goal is to throw it 50 times a game then the better pass blocking running back should play.. otherwise you are risking your $160,000,000 QB behind a line that was clearly struggling. In Moore's offense the backs pass block more than they run.. so while Pollard may have been the more effective runner after Zeke's injury.. he wasn't a good enough blocker that the coaches trusted him. Oh and you may have noticed that he missed two games due to injury himself.. while playing half as many snaps and absorbing half as many hits as Zeke.. So that whole durability question remains ..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just saying the time is running out on Zeke because of the size of his contract. They are getting no where near the production they are paying him. Either it's injury or something else. Either way I think this is a pivotal year for Zeke. If this team and offense is going to be good this year they need better production out of Zeke.
Agreed. The problem here is that production is dependent on oline and moore's production. I have no faith in them.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
because zeke is tough and gave the tam the ok and used him with brace and because hes a better blocker that shy hes a tougher runner that's why..oh and i guess you missed the pollard foot injury as well.let the coaches coach you do what you do well and tap a keyboard LMAO.. some player who arte tough pay through injuries and zekes one fo them he could have asked to sit and didnt.

Oh yes I shouldn't give my opinion on a message board since it doesn't align with yours. I guess I should never criticize the coaches what was I thinking. They should just shut down these boards and sports talk radio since we should let the coaches coach and not say a word. Ok pal.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Oh yes I shouldn't give my opinion on a message board since it doesn't align with yours. I guess I should never criticize the coaches what was I thinking. They should just shut down these boards and sports talk radio since we should let the coaches coach and not say a word. Ok pal.
Not when opinions are so mired in fantasy and bias , those should be challenged!! thats what we are doing, the rhetoric and hyperbole borders on nonsense on many of these threads....

those are facts, zeke was on roll looked great got hurt and powered through it..hes tough and team players and made dude and yes top 7 RB on one leg is impressive, regardless of his status next year, zeke being underappreciated around here is tiresome. so il come defend him..