Going forward, I would like to believe in Zeke

starfan1

Reaction score
Certainly a possibility, I just think that at 27 he's young enough to rebound. All I'd ask is that people give him a chance instead of condemning him to being washed up at 27...
oh i dont think hes completely washed i dont think hes anywhere near 2016 but we dont need him to be.Right now Pollard is more expolosive and I would rather see a 60/40 mix than what we have.

blueblood70

Reaction score
...Because, me bland men, The Cowboys desperately need a running game for our ... ahem, revamped WRs corps.
All of us should know how basic it is. Without a credible rushing offence, the opposing D suffocates the lanes and Dak might panic.

Now, I would like to believe in zeke, but I canna ignore his yearly declining numbers, his injury, the no-turning-back affects of age and his stamina after sporadic duty.

But, someone convince me and others that Zeke is a potential 1,500-yard rusher in 2022 over 17 games barring injury.
Tell me how a RB or any "skill" position can magically reverse time and production?
I want to believe in Zeke but common sense and logic stand at the door of the WalMart.

If Zeke falters, we are sunk like the Poseiden Adventure starring Ernest Borgnine and Stella Stevens.
Believe it. lads.
so again, zeke and dak threads get old..

think last season SEVEN(7) only 7 Rbs had over 12k yards Zeke was one only one over 1200 that was Talyor..so now all of sudden zeke is held to higher standard than the league average,?? only hater be Hatin and realist understand Zeke played on one leg the last 8 games...

the first 8 while healthy was a top 3 back in the league..age or no age hes come into camp leaner , quicker, and ready to hold onto his job but the knee got him, years past OL and OC play calling got him..thers far more to the equation to Zeke

IE

OL
IE
Moore
IE
how the defense plays the run and doesn't respect our pass game or OL pass protections etc

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

think last season SEVEN(7) only 7 Rbs had over 12k yards Zeke was one only one over 1200 that was Talyor..so now all of sudden zeke is held to higher standard than the league average,?? only hater be Hatin and realist understand Zeke played on one leg the last 8 games...

the first 8 while healthy was a top 3 back in the league..age or no age hes come into camp leaner , quicker, and ready to hold onto his job but the knee got him, years past OL and OC play calling got him..thers far more to the equation to Zeke

IE

OL
IE
Moore
IE
how the defense plays the run and doesn't respect our pass game or OL pass protections etc

The Ebonics translator indicates you are miffed and peeves.
Write to Dear Abby or visit your nearest seniors center for flfillment.
That is all.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
There’s just a lot to unpackage with Zeke. Starts with a lot of people upset where we drafted him, coming in fat that one year, then the off the field stuff, holding out and then his numbers decreasing. He’s an easy mark for fans to take their anger and disappointment out on. I tend to think he’s not close to what he was, but I’ll hold out hope I’m wrong.

Not for me.. When we drafted him #4 we were committed to using him in a manner commensurate with that draft status. Nearly every time the team has leaned heavily on him he has answered the bell and delivered. In 2020 he got Covid and was not himself all season.. In 2021 he was himself and killin it right up until that dude rolled up on his knee. That's football.. guys get hurt.. My expectations for what they can and can't do changes when they do. So as painful as it was to watch Zeke hobble around on one leg for 12 games, I did not for one second think that was all he was capable of. I had just seen a 4 game stretch of serious bootay kicking so there is/was no reason to leap to that conclusion. I still believe that we can get #4 overall pick/$90 million dollar contract level production out of Zeke if we wanted to.. We just don't seem to want to.. I am at peace with that. It's not like I'm going to go root for another team just because they don't want to run the ball anymore. But I will continue to scream "Run the damn ball, Moore!" at the screen every Sunday..

Now there is the possibility that the knee injury was worse than they ever let on and he will be gimpy this season too. That would be a tragedy because no one will ever convince me that playing 12 games (13 counting the playoffs) did that knee any good. But I can't bring myself to believe the Cowboys were/are stupid enough to risk a player they have that much money invested in if there was any chance of doing further damage.. I mean are they?

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Ebonics translator indicates you are miffed and peeves.
Write to Dear Abby or visit your nearest seniors center for flfillment.
That is all.
right and your ridiculous way you communicate here is supposed to be Better, what is it retardonics? its called TEXT Speak get passed it i don't live on here and hit and run and dont care to make it easier for the masses.

dont read nor respond, easy peasy resolve.:popcorn::muttley::rolleyes:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
right and your ridiculous way you communicate here is supposed to be Better, what is it retardonics? its called TEXT Speak get passed it i don't live on here and hit and run and dont care to make it easier for the masses.

WHO MESSED YOU UP IN CHILDHOOD!!!!
:laugh:

Bates

Reaction score
Not for me.. When we drafted him #4 we were committed to using him in a manner commensurate with that draft status. Nearly every time the team has leaned heavily on him he has answered the bell and delivered. In 2020 he got Covid and was not himself all season.. In 2021 he was himself and killin it right up until that dude rolled up on his knee. That's football.. guys get hurt.. My expectations for what they can and can't do changes when they do. So as painful as it was to watch Zeke hobble around on one leg for 12 games, I did not for one second think that was all he was capable of. I had just seen a 4 game stretch of serious bootay kicking so there is/was no reason to leap to that conclusion. I still believe that we can get #4 overall pick/$90 million dollar contract level production out of Zeke if we wanted to.. We just don't seem to want to.. I am at peace with that. It's not like I'm going to go root for another team just because they don't want to run the ball anymore. But I will continue to scream "Run the damn ball, Moore!" at the screen every Sunday..

Now there is the possibility that the knee injury was worse than they ever let on and he will be gimpy this season too. That would be a tragedy because no one will ever convince me that playing 12 games (13 counting the playoffs) did that knee any good. But I can't bring myself to believe the Cowboys were/are stupid enough to risk a player they have that much money invested in if there was any chance of doing further damage.. I mean are they?

I get it. I was just saying why I think so many on here talk the way they talk about zeke. I'll cheer him on and hope that early 2021 zeke is who we get in 2022.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think for many, it's not about believing in Zeke or not. It's more to do with the contract and ramifications it has on the overall team.

If Elliott's cap hit was $3 million this year, I suspect few would have issues with him. The problem is he has a ridiculous cap hit and that clearly hinders the Cowboys in being able to be a bit more aggressive in FA.

I suspect Zeke will be be fine and if the OL plays well early, the running game with Zeke and Pollard should be effective. But the problem that many have is that it appears you can get what we will likely get out of Elliott for a fraction of the cost.

His contract has nothing to do to be able to get players in FA, or not, nor will Dak’s. They are not going to be big spenders in FA even if that have $60 million in cap space.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Please do not feed the troll

Toro9

Reaction score
He averaged 4.2 ypc on a bad knee for most of the season. Had he been healthy all year, I'm guessing it would've ended up around 4.6+. I'll take that.

10 TDs btw

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
In her heyday, I thought Stella Stevens was one of the prettiest women to ever grace this planet.
Sorry for the big picture. Don't know how to reduce it.
ss3603821_-_photograph_of_stella_stevens_available_in_4_sizes_framed_or_unframed_buy_now_at_starstills__69535__69101.1394505738.jpg
Love her, but those Jack Nicholson eyebrows...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Please do not feed the troll
blue is a troll, he and of himself.

And @GimmeTheBall! has been getting bitter lately.
I'm sad to see it because he used to be the Mark Twain of the site many Sundays ago.

Like @erod.

Two amazing writers that are overcome with such bitterness that it affects them to their very core which includes their posts here.

Used to be beautiful stuff from them.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You should know by now Roy is a hater. And with all due respect...a football idiot.

His hate for zeke makes him think ZEKE...makes our offense "slow and predictable". Not Moore? Who actually is in charge? And he's the biggest POISON here acting like he knows more than everyone else while he insults them...our best fans.

Not sure why he is tolerated...but not questioning admin at all. He is bad for our community. Poison.

Oh, you are such a mean girl. A suck-up. An angry sugar boy.
Snap out of it!
Join the manly pigiron banter here at CZ, man! Live!
Relish the different personages here, yes, many only 2 generations removed from outdoor plumbing.
We at CZ are brave, insipid, heroic, judge others and are easily bruised.
Yet we talk football. Mostly.
Try it Stevie. Don't be a mean girl. Reject satan. Wash yer hands after wiping. Quit poisoning wells.
Be nice.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

IE

OL
IE
Moore
IE
I have so much trouble deciphering yer posts.
Really, it is not worth the effort.
Oh, and add more fiber to your diet. You will thank me.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, you are such a mean girl. A suck-up. An angry sugar boy.
Snap out of it!
Join the manly pigiron banter here at CZ, man! Live!
Relish the different personages here, yes, many only 2 generations removed from outdoor plumbing.
We at CZ are brave, insipid, heroic, judge others and are easily bruised.
Yet we talk football. Mostly.
Try it Stevie. Don't be a mean girl. Reject satan. Wash yer hands after wiping. Quit poisoning wells.
Be nice.
Ah...I see. So...you admonish me but not Roy. You...the volunteer police force...let Roy run rampant with mass personal attacks and insults... but it's me that needs reigned. Interesting.

By the way, your schtick isn't quite as cool as you think. Not fooling as many people as you hope.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ah...I see. So...you admonish me but not Roy. You...the volunteer police force...let Roy run rampant with mass personal attacks and insults... but it's me that needs reigned. Interesting.

By the way, your schtick isn't quite as cool as you think. Not fooling as many people as you hope.

You are a hurtful presence here.
I am calling the mods on you.
Mods!